IGNORED

Leicester City (Carabao Cup Home) Wednesday Decemeber 18th

markjazzbassist

What a game.

The only regret from that is that we seemed to start too cautiously. Once we were 2 down, we went at them and had them against the wall. Should have gone at them with that intensity from the off.

But to put in a shift like that against an on song Leicester, with our patched up team - there's plenty to be pleased to be pleased about there I think. Some solid performances. Notably Holgate in CM again. DCL didn't stop. Iwobi was sloppy by he never stopped wanting it. And Baines...the Everton man himself. What a guy.

I've never felt so pleased in defeat. We've just got to believe in ourselves more and go for the jugular from the off. Get through this awful injury period, add a couple in key positions in January, and just go for it until the season is done.

4 hours ago, Sibdane said:

Who says Baines doesn't influence games?

Oh yeah.. pete0.

Probs should've waited until after that pen. Him and Tosun never looked like bagging theirs. Davies was much more influencential, incredibly so if you look at the players around him. Carried Holgate, was surrounded by Mina, Bernard, and Iwobi who probs had their worse games in a blue shirt, plus Keane being his usual dog shit as well. 

Special mention for the ref though for letting Shitmeichel have a little dance in front of every pen after letting the me-Leicesters touched us up all over the field. Absolute joke of a 'preformance' from him. Persistently in the way of passes with him almost being a twelve man at times blocking the lines, blew twice for their subs just after we played the ball. Free kicks were much easier to get for them than us as well. Even overruled the linesman for one even though she was closer to it. Rogers subbed Perez to save him from a card as he should have been booked about 3 times but the ref just gave him a talk instead. Did he even book a single player? 

3 hours ago, DownUnderToff said:

Terrible first half, Dunc should've hooked Iwobi far earlier, poor penalties (particularly Tosun up first) but an enjoyable game.

Tbf Bernard was just as poor, had to be him or Iwobi at half time. Personally would've gone for Gordan over Kean though. Really odd sub, more so to then move DCL to the wing instead of Richarlison who exels at LM. 

For all the replies to my post earlier, thank you!

My lad had a great time, I haven’t saw him get into a football match this much before. Don’t think I could have taken him to a more up and down match haha! He was shaking by the end of it.

Could have had something to do with me lifting him up like a cup when our second went in.... and nearly throwing him on to the pitch from the Paddock haha! 
only regret is seeing his face when we lost on penalty’s 🙁

11 hours ago, nogs said:

Oh well. Tosun and Baines's pens were shite, Baines can have a pass but not sure what we pay Tosun's wages for. 

Fabulous fight back 2nd half though, we can hold our head up high and more of the same Saturday we'll stuff Arsenal.

Longer term, whoever comes in I just don't know what they do about some of the overpriced overpaid shite we call players. Iwobi, Keane first half, Bernard who was so bad he got pulled instead of Iwobi... Just so many players on our books who individually are not up to scratch. It doesn't matter who is in charge, what tactics you play, our recruitment continues to be very, very worrying

How can you not mention Mina?! He played like he'd been sniffing the Colombian powder!

Disappointed with going out, obviously, and the first half 'performance', but we showed a lot of fight in the second half and that was really pleasing. I thought the game was gone after the second goal for Leicester but we didn't give up, that's a quality we've lacked for quite some time now.

A few weeks ago we didn't look like we had a lot to work with if a new manager came in, but we are showing signs of life now. We have things to build on.

Well it was certainly an eventful game. A massive positive for me was the fact that we didn't crumble after the second goal and end up shipping 5 or 6. I think it would've have been a different story had Silva still been in charge. There is plenty of fight in that team, which is something they've not shown much of prior to the last 3 games. Those two missed headed chance from Mina were unbelievable. The second one especially... it looked like all he had to do was fall forward and he would have scored.

The pens, the pens, the pens. Baines was definitely the one person you'd expect to score their pen; you could see how furious he was with himself by his reaction after it was saved. Credit to Tosun for stepping up to take one, but ffs I think any of us would've stood a good chance of saving his pen.

Disappointed, but not disheartened... bring on Arsenal. Now that's something I'd never expected myself to say.

12 hours ago, pete0 said:

Probs should've waited until after that pen. Him and Tosun never looked like bagging theirs. Davies was much more influencential, incredibly so if you look at the players around him. Carried Holgate, was surrounded by Mina, Bernard, and Iwobi who probs had their worse games in a blue shirt, plus Keane being his usual dog shit as well. 

Special mention for the ref though for letting Shitmeichel have a little dance in front of every pen after letting the me-Leicesters touched us up all over the field. Absolute joke of a 'preformance' from him. Persistently in the way of passes with him almost being a twelve man at times blocking the lines, blew twice for their subs just after we played the ball. Free kicks were much easier to get for them than us as well. Even overruled the linesman for one even though she was closer to it. Rogers subbed Perez to save him from a card as he should have been booked about 3 times but the ref just gave him a talk instead. Did he even book a single player? 

Tbf Bernard was just as poor, had to be him or Iwobi at half time. Personally would've gone for Gordan over Kean though. Really odd sub, more so to then move DCL to the wing instead of Richarlison who exels at LM. 

I stand by what I said. Without Baines we don't even make it to penalties. 99% of the time Baines makes those. He was our designated penalty taker at one point after all.

1 hour ago, Sibdane said:

I stand by what I said. Without Baines we don't even make it to penalties. 99% of the time Baines makes those. He was our designated penalty taker at one point after all.

Without Davies you wouldn't either. 

Baines is 26/30 after last night's miss. Still very admirable. 

You can blame one of many for Maddisons goal, we had six men marking two of theirs in the six yard box. Could also blame Baines cos when the winger got the ball out wide Baines was 10 yards away from him and for every yard the winger took forward Baines took one back and gave him acres of space and time to cross it where ever he wanted.

16 hours ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

You mean with the exception of leaving Maddison absolutely wide open to score the first?

Mina and Keane were both stood on Vardy on the edge of the 6 yard box. A CM would expect the space Maddison wandered into to be occupied by one of his centre backs

5 hours ago, nogs said:

Mina and Keane were both stood on Vardy on the edge of the 6 yard box. A CM would expect the space Maddison wandered into to be occupied by one of his centre backs

I disagree, that man is Holgate's all day long. Holgate's eyes never leave the ball, he isn't open to or expecting the run.  

I would agree that Keane and Coleman should have communicated better so that he got more of a heads up of the run but Holgate put himself in the space and then just got dragged too much to the ball. It happens, no player is perfect. 

22 hours ago, Bill said:

You can blame one of many for Maddisons goal, we had six men marking two of theirs in the six yard box. Could also blame Baines cos when the winger got the ball out wide Baines was 10 yards away from him and for every yard the winger took forward Baines took one back and gave him acres of space and time to cross it where ever he wanted.

Just watched the highlights. If that was Sidibe or Coleman there'd be a lot more noise. 

Baines was lucky with the goal as well, was aiming for the other corner but sliced it. 

3 hours ago, pete0 said:

Just watched the highlights. If that was Sidibe or Coleman there'd be a lot more noise. 

Baines was lucky with the goal as well, was aiming for the other corner but sliced it. 

Yeah of course he was aiming to hit the other corner.... with 3 players directly in that path.  

It's amazing.... players like Baines and Gerrard.  People have believed they were pure ball strikers for years. Little did they know that they were lucky....

Screenshot_20191220-192032_YouTube.jpg

38 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Yeah of course he was aiming to hit the other corner.... with 3 players directly in that path.  

It's amazing.... players like Baines and Gerrard.  People have believed they were pure ball strikers for years. Little did they know that they were lucky....

Screenshot_20191220-192032_YouTube.jpg

He's definitely got the "outside of the boot swerve to the left" in his locker, seen it before; free kick against Newcastle for one. 100% intentional for me, no question.