IGNORED

James Rodríguez

58 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Going to be a massive test for us without him. Let’s see if we can create.

Big chance for Doucoure to stand up.

?  we are putting doucoure on the right of a forward 3?  WTF you talking about.  it will be a big test for Iwobi/Bernard/Gordon whomever comes in for James and Richarlison.

2 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

?  we are putting doucoure on the right of a forward 3?  WTF you talking about.  it will be a big test for Iwobi/Bernard/Gordon whomever comes in for James and Richarlison.

You watched Doucoure at all? He is the one that can pick up the ball and drive forward to start an attack. 
We’re not going to have to have that box to box talk again are we 😉

3 hours ago, Matt said:

No Richarlison either. 

I know mate, someone is going to need to step up and take this by the scruff. I really think Doucoure can come into his own a bit while these are absent. 
He is capable of linking defence and attack quickly, setting us up further up the field.

Also an opportunity for a few squad players to come in and make a stake.

4 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

If he'd said he's a doubt then maybe, but he said he's out. No ifs, buts or maybe's.

He had a mistimed tackle with Virgil van Dijk at the beginning of the game and I think he will not be available for the game against Southampton."

“I think” is not 100%

3 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

No not on the right, but he means we’re going to have to alter our game plan for this game at least, and Doucoure has the skill set to play differently, and  none of the three you mention have the skill set of James, or Richy, so it’s a different style needed. In Carlo we trust👍

1 hour ago, Wiggytop said:

No not on the right, but he means we’re going to have to alter our game plan for this game at least, and Doucoure has the skill set to play differently, and  none of the three you mention have the skill set of James, or Richy, so it’s a different style needed. In Carlo we trust👍

Iwobi is supposed to be a creative player.  So is bernard.  I would expect them to be the replacement and do the creative work.  Doucoure isn’t a forward so I don’t see what he has to do with James.

2 hours ago, Shukes said:

I know mate, someone is going to need to step up and take this by the scruff. I really think Doucoure can come into his own a bit while these are absent. 
He is capable of linking defence and attack quickly, setting us up further up the field.

Also an opportunity for a few squad players to come in and make a stake.

It’ll be Iwobi and Bernard coming in imo. 

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

Iwobi is supposed to be a creative player.  So is bernard.  I would expect them to be the replacement and do the creative work.  Doucoure isn’t a forward so I don’t see what he has to do with James.

Only James and Digne have made more key passes for us than Doucoure. Richarlison has made the 4th most and Doucoure has made twice that amount. 

Lets not underestimate his role in this team, he isnt running around like a mad man for the sake of it. Hes effective in both halves of the pitch and the only criticism i have of him is I'd like to see him shoot more often. 

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

You’re setting yourself up for a big disappointment, Btay. 

I’m just saying that I think this is Carlo deflecting the media from Pickford. If he doesn’t on the weekend I’m not too bothered but he played 85 minutes with the knock. It’s not serious what so ever but it’s an opportunity for Carlo to deflect some of the shit coming at us from the Derby away. I actually think it’s great man management from Carlo and IF James is actually out this weekend he’s used that negative in a positive way.

3 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Can’t remember exactly what game it was but I think we didn’t have Allan or James on And Doucoure played his best game. Watch him step up here, he might feel a bit subdued given the high profile of James/Allan but if we get him on the ball more he has the quality to run the game for us. Great player.

3 hours ago, MC11 said:

It’ll be Iwobi and Bernard coming in imo. 

Depends on how Carlo sets us up really - the good thing is now we have so many options to tweak tactics ect.

I feel Gordon is the most like for like with Richarlison so I wouldn’t be surprised if he went wide left with Bernard playing James’s role. I’d love to say Siggy is like for like with James but he would need to break his own shackles are demand the ball like James does.

Coleman injury though means we could see a change of shape. Interesting to see how Caro approaches this. 

9 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

I didn't say replacing him mate. Your right, someone else will replace him.

But no one is going to come in and be at the same quality as what we have lost so we need someone in the team to take that role of starting attacks. Doucoure could be that person.

If we can only rely on forwards being creative, then we have to accept mid table. But again... Carlo will not accept that, he wants more. He will expect players from all around the team to help create.

Wish you could have watched us in the 80’s MJB, there wasn’t a player on the pitch who couldn’t create. We were beautiful!

9 hours ago, Btay said:

I’m just saying that I think this is Carlo deflecting the media from Pickford. If he doesn’t on the weekend I’m not too bothered but he played 85 minutes with the knock. It’s not serious what so ever but it’s an opportunity for Carlo to deflect some of the shit coming at us from the Derby away. I actually think it’s great man management from Carlo and IF James is actually out this weekend he’s used that negative in a positive way.

Nothing is going to deflect the media from Pickford. It hasn't stopped, has it? 

43 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Nothing is going to defelct the media from Pickford. It hasn't stopped, has it? 

I don’t get involved in all this media bullshit, or the hate everything Liverpool do thing.

But my respect for their fans (or a large part of them) and the media has dropped faster than the titanic in the last week. Absolutely disgusted by it all. What makes it worse is the amount of ex professionals chirping in as well. 

It’s got to the point where I actually hope they have more bad luck coming their way. And I hate myself for saying things like that.

I’d be happy to see Allan and Doucoure in a midfield two. Ward-Prowse and Romeu wouldn’t get a look in against them two. 
Could play Gylfi in the ten and let Gomes sit out. 
Get some pace in the wings, with Gordon being one of them. 

Ive liked the 433 so far, but without Richarlison and James I’d be looking at 451 (I refuse to put 4231, it’s just bloody stupid) and really control the game from the midfield and our wingers stretching the defence. 

37 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Great to hear from him. Biggest surprise for me has been his effort. I was expecting him to be a little lightweight. But he snaps into challenges strongly. No one ghosts past him.

Yeah He may be a pretty boy with a waif like physique. .... But he's played footy in some of the toughest environments.  South American players deffo have to know how to look after themselves