IGNORED

James Rodríguez

56 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Can we send Gomes on loan there.

Gomes and Gylfi wouldn't last 5 minutes.

Don't know if anyone else noticed Davies who was warming up when digne got hit by Maguire.  Davies was in Maguire's face.

I don't think Davies is good enough or whatever... I'd have him in the side ahead of the two above on principles alone. 

7 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Don't know if anyone else noticed Davies who was warming up when digne got hit by Maguire.  Davies was in Maguire's face.

I don't think Davies is good enough or whatever... I'd have him in the side ahead of the two above on principles alone. 

Davies is more of a captain than Gylfi ever was.

9 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Every player as a duty to lead by example and show spirit and fight Davies has that in bundles, what he lacks in natural ability he more than makes up for in endeavour, we see that to an extent with Allan, but with Gylfi and Gomes we don't, Gylfi just isn't good enough even if he tried his hardest he wouldn't make it here, and that's more about him as a player than his attitude, I do believe he wants to succeed and tries he's simply not good enough. 

Gomes annoys the fuck out of me he has the ability we know that, now he's lost the fight and desire and it's shit to watch him just going through the motions doing nothing of any worth with a half hearted attitude, he needs to step up show some fight and passion for the club that resurrected his career before he becomes like Schneiderlin, because at the moment its seems to be heading that way.

So at the moment our only hope is give Davies a shot and pray that Gbamin comes back from his injury and proves to be the player we hoped we bought, then back into the transfer market come January. 

2 hours ago, Bailey said:

If Davies came in, he would be crap and then we would be saying bring Gomes or bring Siggy back or play Bernard or Gomes there.

We just need to face it that none of them are good enough to play there week in week out at the moment. 

It almost feels at the minute Sigurdsson and Gomes are just being rotated until one of them has a good game and can claim a spot to start the next week. I think when richarlison returns we can almost afford for one of those two to almost be passengers until we can recruit someone to play in that 3 man midfield. 

2 hours ago, Aidan said:

It almost feels at the minute Sigurdsson and Gomes are just being rotated until one of them has a good game and can claim a spot to start the next week. I think when richarlison returns we can almost afford for one of those two to almost be passengers until we can recruit someone to play in that 3 man midfield. 

We can't and shouldn't be affording passengers. We gave them a chance to play themselves into some form but this is the point of having a competitive squad. Said it during our winning streak that Gomes needed to be dropped to make an example, despite being in a winning team. We lost a couple of key performers and we are now in this position. We can't be dependent on the same 3/4 players to be at their absolute best to win us games each week whilst the rest go through the motions. 

2 hours ago, pete0 said:

I'd give Davies a proper run and see how he does with Doucoure and Allan. If not move James central and give a wide player ago. Both Sigurdsson and Gomes should be down the waiting list to be gifted another chance.

As much as I don’t rate Davies. Could he really do any worse than Gomes and Sigurdsson right now? I’m not sure!

Play him in a more advanced role in front of Allan and Doucoure. I’m scraping the barrell here I really am but I never want to see Sigurdsson play in a blue shirt again.

1 hour ago, Btay said:

We can't and shouldn't be affording passengers. We gave them a chance to play themselves into some form but this is the point of having a competitive squad. Said it during our winning streak that Gomes needed to be dropped to make an example, despite being in a winning team. We lost a couple of key performers and we are now in this position. We can't be dependent on the same 3/4 players to be at their absolute best to win us games each week whilst the rest go through the motions. 

I think at this moment in time we are left with no other choice 

32 minutes ago, Bailey said:

How do people feel about James asking to be subbed off because he was tired this weekend?

I imagine that might have not gone down well if it was certain other players in the team.

he wasn't particular effective on Saturday, he got the original knock in the Derby, he hasn't trained much in the past 3weeks - he didn't look sharp. 

I would rather he came off rather than push on and potentially get injured - he was not going to start playing better in the last 20mins if his legs where getting heavy. 

I have not got a problem with a player returning from an injury letting the manager know he is spent. 

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

How do people feel about James asking to be subbed off because he was tired this weekend?

I imagine that might have not gone down well if it was certain other players in the team.

I was very disappointed to hear this myself. An injury.. sure. Tired.... hmmm, buckle up and get on with it. 

3 hours ago, RuffRob said:

he wasn't particular effective on Saturday, he got the original knock in the Derby, he hasn't trained much in the past 3weeks - he didn't look sharp. 

I would rather he came off rather than push on and potentially get injured - he was not going to start playing better in the last 20mins if his legs where getting heavy. 

I have not got a problem with a player returning from an injury letting the manager know he is spent. 

At this stage of the season its not like he is short of fitness even with a knock. 

To me he didn't look that interested, rather than sharp. We have seen him come in from no football for 18 months or whatever it was and be the classiest player on the pitch against Spurs so it doesn't fit for me. 

2 hours ago, Shukes said:

I was very disappointed to hear this myself. An injury.. sure. Tired.... hmmm, buckle up and get on with it. 

That's my initial thought. I'm not too bothered either way but I just thought it was a bit strange to hear. In fact I dont think I have heard it before other than the fat lad in a 5 a side game who is about to have a heart attack! 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Apparently bringing Isco in would Impact James negatively according to the Echo....

:rofl: 

They just get worse. World class player impacted negatively by arrival of world class player.

It must be hell for the top teams when they're doing that in every window - getting worse by getting better...

14 hours ago, Bailey said:

At this stage of the season its not like he is short of fitness even with a knock. 

To me he didn't look that interested, rather than sharp. We have seen him come in from no football for 18 months or whatever it was and be the classiest player on the pitch against Spurs so it doesn't fit for me. 

He got the knock against Livperpool - so he would not have not trained much the week leading up to Southampton, then was laid up after that game for 10day or so.  I imagine he's done little intense training since Liverpool. We are in full swing now rather than first game of the season. 

I know if you are two or three weeks out of your from your training, you need at decent week - 10days to be back on it.

Also, the first month of intense English football may be catching up with him a little, like you said he's not played a great deal for 18months.

I think we where all surprised how well Rodrigues played in the first 3-4 games. I am sure he would have been pretty pumped up to be back playing for a new club in a new league and country so will have been a lot adrenaline. That first month will have been pretty draining on him both physically and mentally - there was a lot of attention on him in all fairness. All done, in this draining COVID environment.

Looking at the whole picture, I can understand why Rodriquez might be feeling a little jaded on Saturday. 

I never expected to see the best of him (and our new squad) until the New Year, so was pleasantly surprised by his first month. 

44 minutes ago, Bill said:

No not his Bollocks, the reason he and other footballers feel tired is having to carry all that money they get around to the Bank.  Tired my arse, 60 minutes of football ffs.

He’s been carrying a very sensitive injury which gets a lot impact and movement when running, the pain of which impacts wears anyone down quicker. 

4 hours ago, RuffRob said:

He got the knock against Livperpool - so he would not have not trained much the week leading up to Southampton, then was laid up after that game for 10day or so.  I imagine he's done little intense training since Liverpool. We are in full swing now rather than first game of the season. 

I know if you are two or three weeks out of your from your training, you need at decent week - 10days to be back on it.

Also, the first month of intense English football may be catching up with him a little, like you said he's not played a great deal for 18months.

I think we where all surprised how well Rodrigues played in the first 3-4 games. I am sure he would have been pretty pumped up to be back playing for a new club in a new league and country so will have been a lot adrenaline. That first month will have been pretty draining on him both physically and mentally - there was a lot of attention on him in all fairness. All done, in this draining COVID environment.

Looking at the whole picture, I can understand why Rodriquez might be feeling a little jaded on Saturday. 

I never expected to see the best of him (and our new squad) until the New Year, so was pleasantly surprised by his first month. 

I think you probably hit the nail on the head with the 3rd and 4th paragraphs. 

As an update, Carlos Quirez (sp?) Has updated the media to say he has an injury. He doesn't say what but he makes reference to the game.