IGNORED

January Transfer Window

10 minutes ago, RPG said:

What was it that Moshiri said - ''Judge us after the transfer window' wasn't it?

I think the verdict is in, Moshiri!

I think he said that about the summer window and the vast majority of us were happy with that window. I recall many of us being happy with maupay (stats were being quoted by some), others were also happy with McNeil. Many of us (me included) were also happy with Gana after the first 2-3 games. Of course, we are all entitled to change our opinions based on facts/performances.

I'm not defending Moshri in the slightest. He needs to sell and go.

Personally, I am pleased we've not splashed what little cash we have on useless fuckers....and let's be real there was no silver bullet of a signing coming this window...no one available of the quality we would have deemed suitable. It's clear for years that we are just a disaster at evaluating players. Until this board is gone that likely won't change. 

we've got a half decent squad, they've just not shown that they are mentally ready and/or have not applied themselves fully - that's what Dyche needs to fix. Tough job. 

28 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Under Dyche, I think the squad looks like this:

GK: Pickford / Begovic

RB: Coleman / Patterson

CB: Tarks / Coady / Godfrey / Mina / Holgate / Keane

LB: Mykolenko / Vinagre

CM: Gueye / Onana / Garner / Davies / Doucoure

RM: Gray / Iwobi

LM: McNeil

ST: Dom / Maupay / Simms

We have plenty of players covering the back 4 and central midfield. 

We are crazily short up front. I can see Maupay doing well (maybe just better) in the second striker slot and a lot of people have wanted to see him and Dom play together. 

Its mad that we have 6 players covering 2 postions at CB and then 6 players covering 4 positions in attacking positions. If we get any injuries, which you can almost gaurentee, then we are fucked. We will be playing a 4 man central midfield, or a full back as a winger or chucking Keane up front. 

The squad has enough quality to do a lot better than our current position but we have to rely on a lot of luck when it comes to avoiding injuries. 

Townsend missing.

I see very few goals in this roster of players. Midfield don't chip in with may.

Creativity is thin on the ground.

We don't get lucky with injuries, in fact the opposite.

Our bench is going to be void of options, and having 5 subs is going to put us at a massive disadvantage in games.

4 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

Townsend missing.

I see very few goals in this roster of players. Midfield don't chip in with may.

Creativity is thin on the ground.

We don't get lucky with injuries, in fact the opposite.

Our bench is going to be void of options, and having 5 subs is going to put us at a massive disadvantage in games.

442 long balls and crosses.  Virtually no threat from outside the box in open play.  Going to be very easy to defend against us. 

11 minutes ago, chicagoblue said:

Not sure we're weaker after the window. Gordon was taking up a shirt and oxygen after the first couple of games so we're in the same position. Not that that's much consolation considering that position is a really shite one. 

I'm expecting a lot of 0-0 being the aim of the games...

8 minutes ago, Matt said:

Not sure we're weaker after the window. Gordon was taking up a shirt and oxygen after the first couple of games so we're in the same position. Not that that's much consolation considering that position is a really shite one. 

We needed to at least replace him with a body - even if it was Dobbin back on loan as an option off the bench.

If Gray or Dom get any injuries our goal threat goes from minimal to non existent.

18 games to find a minimum of 25 points, it’s going to take something special.

9 minutes ago, Matt said:

You know things are bleak when not even 1-0 is the aim of the games

9 minutes ago, Matt said:

Been listening to Dyche on a few of the high performance podcasts he's been on and he spoke about weeding out the 'energy sappers' in a group. Gordon has been one of these for a chunk of the season, so will be a good thing he is no longer around. Up to others (mcNeil!!) to flourish now. 

I heard on Toffee TV today (baz), that Gordon's been speaking to Newcastle for some time before the window. Head was not here. 

8 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

Am I the only one not joining in the collective "woe is us"? We really don't have a bad squad, and we're really not in a hopeless situation. We need a striker: That's all we need for now. If we don't get one, we'll be relying heavily on DC-L - but he is an England international, folks.

Someone around here needs to be an optimist!

An earlier quote from someone: We always make a mess of January windows, so let's not repeat that mistake.

No I’m with you. I do think we have a better squad of players than our position suggests. And I feel that a bit of confidence and we can go on a decent run. 
I refuse to give up and join the doom army. There is time and plenty of games left. 
January was always going to be a mess, but o was hopeful we would get someone.

I am disappointed we didn’t get anyone in. But I also understand that if Coventry didn’t want to sell their striker…. We couldn’t force them ect.

Still love this club and look forward to Saturday COYBs!

The disappointment is the continual embarrassment of how the club is run. The club attempted lots of deals yesterday, and every single one fell flat on its face.

The humiliation being knowbody was willing to come here.

This is what really hurts. Player believe the Wolves, Brighton's, Bournmouth's, Southampton's etc etc are more attractive that Everton FC. We are at a low point, we are not relevant.

8 hours ago, RuffRob said:

Been listening to Dyche on a few of the high performance podcasts he's been on and he spoke about weeding out the 'energy sappers' in a group. Gordon has been one of these for a chunk of the season, so will be a good thing he is no longer around. Up to others (mcNeil!!) to flourish now. 

I heard on Toffee TV today (baz), that Gordon's been speaking to Newcastle for some time before the window. Head was not here. 

It’s almost as if when the last window closed he stopped trying…… which I said at the time.  But no, it was just him being out of form allegedly. 

he didn’t get slapped by Coady, but a few senior pros tore into him at finch farm for bad attitude. 

Numb with rage, not just no signings, not just the only club not to strengthen, but to weaken.

But to have players come out and say they would not sign for Everton, This board could not take us any lower, not even if went down, than to be ridiculed in public as we have been, i hope the fans give them what for on Saturday.

This is exactly why they waited till Monday afternoon to appoint SD, as for a DOF, in the words of Jim Royal DOF my arse.

40 minutes ago, Tonsta said:

Numb with rage, not just no signings, not just the only club not to strengthen, but to weaken.

But to have players come out and say they would not sign for Everton, This board could not take us any lower, not even if went down, than to be ridiculed in public as we have been, i hope the fans give them what for on Saturday.

This is exactly why they waited till Monday afternoon to appoint SD, as for a DOF, in the words of Jim Royal DOF my arse.

Be careful mate, staring into the abyss and protesting is still viewed as a negative thing by some. 

Ego and greed has destroyed our club, it was happening years ago but other fans were silencing those who were trying to call it out.

when AGMs were cancelled - the board needed removing. 

3 hours ago, RuffRob said:

The disappointment is the continual embarrassment of how the club is run. The club attempted lots of deals yesterday, and every single one fell flat on its face.

The humiliation being knowbody was willing to come here.

This is what really hurts. Player believe the Wolves, Brighton's, Bournmouth's, Southampton's etc etc are more attractive that Everton FC. We are at a low point, we are not relevant.

This is what happens when you leave your business until after you've sacked your manager and created a media shitstorm around your club by releasing lies about it's own fanbase.

Those idiots in charge caused yesterday. They were the architects of it but we'll hear nothing from them now. There'll be no apologies for any of it.

34 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Be careful mate, staring into the abyss and protesting is still viewed as a negative thing by some. 

Ego and greed has destroyed our club, it was happening years ago but other fans were silencing those who were trying to call it out.

when AGMs were cancelled - the board needed removing. 

I don't think anybody see 'protest' as a negative thing. It just needs to be properly - with some dignity - have to try and steer clear of being abusive or coming across with a lunch mob mentality. Otherwise the real message can get lost in the sensationalism of any inappropriate behavior - media etc lock on to it.

I think we will have to be relegated before this lot in charge move on. If we stay up it will be business as usual - they will have somehow got away with it. 

I really can't be doing with it all anymore. I would honestly prefer to be relegated if it meant there would be some proper change. I am actually getting disillusioned by the 'clamor' of the Premiership - Chelsea spend over £500M in two transfer windows giving players 8.5 year contracts in order to spread the cost. What the fuck!! We are discussed that we have spend this sort of money during Moshiri time at the club

It might actually be refreshing to go to a match on a Saturday afternoon and just see some competitive games and good football on the pitch. I am growing very weary of these multi millionaire football players and owners tacking the piss out of us all - and it not just at our club.

2 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

I don't think anybody see 'protest' as a negative thing. It just needs to be properly - with some dignity - have to try and steer clear of being abusive or coming across with a lunch mob mentality. Otherwise the real message can get lost in the sensationalism of any inappropriate behavior - media etc lock on to it.

I think we will have to be relegated before this lot in charge move on. If we stay up it will be business as usual - they will have somehow got away with it. 

I really can't be doing with it all anymore. I would honestly prefer to be relegated if it meant there would be some proper change. I am actually getting disillusioned by the 'clamor' of the Premiership - Chelsea spend over £500M in two transfer windows giving players 8.5 year contracts in order to spread the cost. What the fuck!! We are discussed that we have spend this sort of money during Moshiri time at the club

It might actually be refreshing to go to a match on a Saturday afternoon and just see some competitive games and good football on the pitch. I am growing very weary of these multi millionaire football players and owners tacking the piss out of us all - and it not just at our club.

Dignity? That was done in the summer and apathetic idiots who are supposed blues scoffed at how many there were. That’s dignity for you.

When working class fans who have lots of emotion invested in a club, who were likely taken to games by their dads, granddads, watch a bunch of liars in suits destroy the club…… dignity is a currency that will be scarce when reality smacks them in the face.

im not mixing my words, a good few on here have argued and gaslighted people on here like myself who questioned our stewardship for a long time.  I imagine a few wish they had seen the warning signs and chose not to believe spin, lies, and get sucked in by bullshit propaganda. 

Regardless of what our fans think the protests are affecting the club and the team. 
yes we all want the board out and I’m sure they know that now. 
but when we start criticising the the team when we lose by the odd goal and start singing your not fit to wear the shirt in the thousands this is just making harder for the team they are demoralised. 
we the fans and the team have to stick together 100%. 
it’s us against all the odds. 

26 minutes ago, patto said:

Regardless of what our fans think the protests are affecting the club and the team. 
but when we start criticising the the team when we lose by the odd goal and start singing your not fit to wear the shirt in the thousands this is just making harder for the team they are demoralised. 

I think you are right, especially if protests and criticism  gets nasty, abusive and even threatening then it moves to being counter productive - in our teams performance and how we are portrayed outside the club - to potential new players, management and administrative staff and maybe potential owners (although pound mean more to them than anything).

Its a microscope now with cameras everywhere and somebody always filming. Its very easy for the fans actions to be turned against us (rightly or wrongly). Why let the truth get in the way of good stories, facts don't matter to much these days, 'opinions' are given as much gravitas.

Its a difficult balance to get right as the shit show upstairs do need constant and increasing pressure on them.

1 hour ago, London Blue said:

Cool your jets Haff, everyone here loves this club. Many myself included believed the board were going to improve. We were dazzled by the new stadium. But the reality dawned on us as the season went on. 

Now I imagine pretty much all on here want the board gone. So let's unite behind that and the team.

Talking years before the stadium London.  The buyer of the club was clearly  selected on the condition that they come on board to invest under kenwrights stewardship …. this was suggested way before moshiri came because Bill didn’t want to sell he wanted investment. They were his words. 

our board was a mess before moshiri, the culture of smoke and mirrors, finger pointing, alienation of fans.   The culture at the club has been rank bad going back to the time Trevor birch left after weeks, Alan myers resigned.  Agms banned because they didn’t like the questions in relation to debt and spend. 

I’m not gonna cool my jets, nor should I. The club is heading for the championship and is at risk of dropping further. The liars had some of you actually believing that DBB was put in a headlock and “why would they lie”

astonishing it truly is. 

1 hour ago, patto said:

If the players get told they aren’t fit to wear the shirt ala Bournemouth, then yeah they need to look at themselves. 

lampard tried to front that up, when he and the players were culpable.

the fans got the club out of it last season and they will likely do it again. If it takes a few home truths along the way then they will be heard, 

the board will absolutely try and peddle the narrative that protests will be detrimental to the team, bollocks.  Them releasing lies to media 3 hours before kick off and having thelwell have to try and get sign off from two clowns on deadline day is detrimental. 

dbb, sharp, kenwright need to resign. They are not fit for purpose and whether that is down to them or the clown they work under - who knows. Like John blane said the other week, we could get people in to run the club in a matter of days on far less money with far more expertise - consultants. 

42 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

We're becoming so influenced by the media (not just regarding the transfer window but about everything). The current narrative is that teams must spend big in every window to progress - despite the fact that the January window is generally viewed as risky and expensive. Someone shared earlier just how poorly we've fared before in this window, so bringing no-one in ensures we don't overspend on average quality. Of course, we need a striker, but we do have three options. Moreover, Gray has been on a tear of late, so it's not only forwards who score. Personally, I refuse to buy into this narrative about everyone needing to spend. Survive this season (and odds are that we will) and spend more wisely in the summer. If we finish mid-table, we'll have earned the right to attract better quality players.

No matter what we think of Sean Dyche, he has a track record of building solid defences, and he's worked before with both Tarkowski and Keane. If we're not scoring goals, it's important that we don't ship them. I'm resigned to low-scoring games for the rest of this season, and there's nothing wrong with 0-0 at Anfield and 1-0 wins against Villa, Palace, Forest, and the like. Let's build from where we are and stop panicking. And more than anything, let's stop falling for media sensation and "woe is me" narratives.

Steve, we can’t score goals.  Our two strikers are dcl and maupay…. Dcl can’t train every day as he is high risk of reinjury and this is seen in how he plays.   Maupay isn’t a number 9.

I don’t know how dyche is going to turn this round…. Yes, a number of clubs don’t need to spend in January, we did, we absolutely did.

btw how is John doing? He’s not been on for a while, hope he’s ok. 

25 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

We're becoming so influenced by the media (not just regarding the transfer window but about everything). The current narrative is that teams must spend big in every window to progress - despite the fact that the January window is generally viewed as risky and expensive. Someone shared earlier just how poorly we've fared before in this window, so bringing no-one in ensures we don't overspend on average quality. Of course, we need a striker, but we do have three options. Moreover, Gray has been on a tear of late, so it's not only forwards who score. Personally, I refuse to buy into this narrative about everyone needing to spend. Survive this season (and odds are that we will) and spend more wisely in the summer. If we finish mid-table, we'll have earned the right to attract better quality players.

No matter what we think of Sean Dyche, he has a track record of building solid defences, and he's worked before with both Tarkowski and Keane. If we're not scoring goals, it's important that we don't ship them. I'm resigned to low-scoring games for the rest of this season, and there's nothing wrong with 0-0 at Anfield and 1-0 wins against Villa, Palace, Forest, and the like. Let's build from where we are and stop panicking. And more than anything, let's stop falling for media sensation and "woe is me" narratives.

I agree with a lot of what you say, but i have not criticised anyone for not over spending, last thing we need is another Tosen or Wallcot, or Moise Kean, for 25 mil to list but a few, my point is we never replaced Lakaku, or Charli, or the for ever injured DCL, in any of the last 3 windows, no plan, no direction, no DNA, and now players openly saying they would not join us, and sadly i agree with them, we need new leadership, and if we have to stay with the owner, then we need a complete new board of directors, with some vision and some energy to move forward. I to hope Dyche makes a fist of it but its not easy with 2 hands tied behind your back.

No doubt we will Ayew on a free at 33 and no club, and be told that is all we are getting, there was a reason SD was only appointed 24 hour before the transfer window closed, and we had deals fall through at the last minuet, i am convinced the owner sees the parachute payment when we go down as funds for the new ground.

We are the only team to be weaker now than before, we sold our brightest prospect, besides what we think of his attitude of late, we sold him late so no time to replace him.

Why was our business done so late, we have a DOF, what has he been doing for the last 12 months, apart from wasting money on Maupay and Mcneill, if he was waiting for the new manager, why was that left till the end of the window, there is something toxic about the whole club from the very top, and as we have seen no matter how often we change the manager, nothing changes.

5 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

I think this window is more about the smack in the face reality that not a single player could be tempted to come here, when the club obviously desperately tried to do it. It was embarrassing and a real reality check of how this club is viewed from the outside. 

Not bringing in players has increased our risk of going down, period. It's the people at the tops jobs to provide the resources to at least limit this risk, they tried but failed miserably through shear incompetency. They can't blame market forces or lack of availability - they put 'fear of coming to Everton' in to the market in the week leading up to the window slamming shut, with the plan of downing all the transfer business in the last day or two of the window.  

Today is now further doom and gloom about the club, and it should be at least a sprinkle of renewed optimism about the place with a fresh face or two. A bit of a buzz on the terraces about the new signings, but instead it will be discontent by another off field failure. I think we can forget the new manager feel good bounce - I doubt this is in many people mood today!! We where humiliated yesterday as a club. 

I would hazard a guess we potentially doubled our chances of relegation yesterday, which is not great given our starting position.