IGNORED

January Transfer Window

15 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I'm not following you... what have Maupay and McNeil got to do with it? 

Why is this window different to previous ones under the same window? Thats a genuine question. I don't why this window has been so much harder than previous ones. We did four deals last January with no money and a bad league position. Two of them (albeit failed ones) signed after Lampard signed at the last minute. 

Do we have any money? Is Thelwell any good? Are we being very selective rather than throwing good money after bad like last season? Were all our eggs in the Danjuma basket?

Yes we have money as we got £40m cash for Gordon. 

is thelwell any good? Well if he isn’t why hasn’t he been sacked cos if he was responsible for maupay and mcneil there’s £40m there!  He is part of the board.

the governance is above him.,., why would clubs like Southampton beat us to players, why have we got players in, medical done and allow them to leave? 

chances are we will get players in, they won’t be targets cos we never approached for them earlier, make no morale this is farcical planning and piss poor execution 

5 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

is thelwell any good? Well if he isn’t why hasn’t he been sacked cos if he was responsible for maupay and mcneil there’s £40m there!  He is part of the board.

the governance is above him.,., why would clubs like Southampton beat us to players, why have we got players in, medical done and allow them to leave? 

chances are we will get players in, they won’t be targets cos we never approached for them earlier, make no morale this is farcical planning and piss poor execution 

You referencing the spelling and punctuation mistakes in this post? 😛

22 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

He's actually not.

30 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

We received money but has Thelwell been given in to spend? Has it gone in to stopping any FFP sanctions?

We dont know if we actually went for those players, we dont know why they beat us to it if we did(i.e. crazy wages, manager sold the dream etc).

We only had Danjuma in and I dont think it would be too uncommon for things like that to happen. Danjuma clearly wanted to come here until Spurs swooped. That is just football. 

I dont for one second believe that we werent approaching players at the same time as other clubs. Were we able to spend any money early or did we have to wait for Gordon to be sold and then everything else fell through to the extent that the players remaining weren't deemed good enough (such as the ones Southampton etc have bought)?

Is the club being stripped of its assets or do Dyche and Thelwell believe this squad is good enough to get us back up the table and therefore are holding that money back for the summer rather than be held to ransom?

1 minute ago, Newty82 said:

Sorry to say but i don't blame players for not wanting to come here. The media coverage we've had this month has been...well...not very attractive. Too much chat about headlocks, protests and players getting hassled.

Looking from the outside in, without any Other knowledge...you'd run a mile!

We've sunk that far sadly.

Fans will get the blame even though it's these fucktards that created it all.

It's lovely to be part of this football club.

8 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Sorry to say but i don't blame players for not wanting to come here. The media coverage we've had this month has been...well...not very attractive. Too much chat about headlocks, protests and players getting hassled.

Looking from the outside in, without any Other knowledge...you'd run a mile!

We've sunk that far sadly.

Yeah…. Won’t be the thousands of fans turning up to cheer coaches. You could almost do prentices next piece for him. 

imagine that, the fans getting the blame by a board who are shit who the fans wanted shut of a while ago but were silenced. Now some fans are blaming said fans for the negativity of the club….. which is due to the negligent way it’s been run.

we would have been relegated last year if not for the fans. 

glad to see the usual board apologists trying to add balance. 

7 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Yeah…. Won’t be the thousands of fans turning up to cheer coaches. You could almost do prentices next piece for him. 

imagine that, the fans getting the blame by a board who are shit who the fans wanted shut of a while ago but were silenced. Now some fans are blaming said fans for the negativity of the club….. which is due to the negligent way it’s been run.

we would have been relegated last year if not for the fans. 

glad to see the usual board apologists trying to add balance. 

Tbf Haf, I don't think that's what Newty was saying at all. He wasn't blaming the fans but just acknowledging how it will all look to a player outside of it all that doesn't know what the reality actually is.

3 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Tbf Haf, I don't think that's what Newty was saying at all. He wasn't blaming the fans but just acknowledging how it will all look to a player outside of it all that doesn't know what the reality actually is.

Fair enough. I’m on the warpath at the moment, tin hats on everyone or maybe ban me for a few hours. 

6 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Fair enough. I’m on the warpath at the moment, tin hats on everyone or maybe ban me for a few hours. 

I think we are all shell shocked at how today is going. It's the culmination of a 6years slide in to despair, distilled in to a day of shear humiliation witnessed by all. There is no explaining this away, it has all but condemning this club to relegation.

Nothing but pure negligence from the club once more. Lampard should have been gone in December. Why on earth would they choose to sack him halfway through the January transfer window. Nobody wants to come to us because of that state of the club, and rightly so. Moshiri/kenwright have absolutely ruined this club and we will undoubtedly be playing in the championship next season. Fuck me, I'm not even sure what to think anymore. The board are lucky that the fans are likely never to boycott games. Really tough times ahead.

So… after 20 games our 3 strikers, Maupay, Calvert-Lewin and Simms, have 1 - 1 - 0 goals… we’ve just sold the player who has scored 20% of our league goals this season. A little fun fact to really highlight how wonderful we are - Wesley Faes has scored more for Liverpool than Calvert Lewin and Maupay have for us combined… and he’s a centre back… oh and he doesn’t even play for Liverpool… hey ho - we’ve had good times 😩😩😩

Oh it became painfully obvious hours ago that we weren't gonna do any business today. 

Not at all shocked by this. Maybe that was the board's plan all along: be so absolutely shit at their jobs that when the time came, where they knew they weren't going to add to the squad, we'd all be emotionally numb to it all that it wouldn't come as a surprise. 

Moshiri is the single worst thing that happened to us in the last decade. If it wasn't the stadium it would have been a complete disaster. I doubt his competence to run any business. He's not a leader, he is not a decision maker, nor he's good at managing finances. How the fuck is this guy a billionaire?!?