IGNORED

January Transfer Window

Just now, Gwlad all over said:

Then in the summer we'll lose those who can leave and don't want to stick around in the Championship.

As the game was going on I was thinking who would stay if we went down - I think only Coleman from the XI sticks around. 

All other 10 will be recruited elsewhere.

2 hours ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

As the game was going on I was thinking who would stay if we went down - I think only Coleman from the XI sticks around. 

All other 10 will be recruited elsewhere.

Coleman, Mykolenko, Simms, Maupay, Holgate, Garner. Not from the 11 obviously, but I could see those lot playing every week, but being pretty expensive. 

11 minutes ago, c1982 said:

Who’d be daft enough to take them?

Onana walks into a decent team, would probably be picked up as a squad player for the Big 6.

Pickford, Tarkowski, Mykolenko, Godfrey, Gray, Iwobi, DCL would probably get signed by teams in and around the bottom half, I'd say DCL would perhaps go higher but he's been abysmal ever since injuries ravaged him.

Coady goes back to Wolves.

Gueye probably doesn't find another Premier League gig but will more than likely get one last payday in Saudi Arabia/UAE. 

6 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Onana walks into a decent team, would probably be picked up as a squad player for the Big 6.

Pickford, Tarkowski, Mykolenko, Godfrey, Gray, Iwobi, DCL would probably get signed by teams in and around the bottom half, I'd say DCL would perhaps go higher but he's been abysmal ever since injuries ravaged him.

Coady goes back to Wolves.

Gueye probably doesn't find another Premier League gig but will more than likely get one last payday in Saudi Arabia/UAE. 

This is all great but teams still need to pay a fee we’d accept and players still need to accept a contract elsewhere - we’re probably paying a few well over what they’ll get elsewhere and definitely far more than they deserve!

1 minute ago, c1982 said:

This is all great but teams still need to pay a fee we’d accept and players still need to accept a contract elsewhere - we’re probably paying a few well over what they’ll get elsewhere and definitely far more than they deserve!

This. I think Godfrey is on something like £100k a week and he hasnt improved since leaving Norwich. He isnt get paid that anywhere else. 

Iwobi is on around £120k now, more if he signs a new deal and again, that is a top earner wage outside the top 6 financial clubs. Maybe Howe would take a chance on him at Newcastle but its doubtful. 

The other thing is, if these players are good enough to be at Premier League clubs then they should be doing better than they are now.

1 hour ago, c1982 said:

Some may accept a bit less to stay in the Premier League..... ego.

Onana, Godfrey, Patterson and Gray would stay in the premier league. They are young and have the quality for this level. A few obvious ones in our team as well like Picks, Dom and the two centre backs.

Any see teams going after the rest.

But we have a long way to go yet and time to get away from where we are. I’m as down as anyone after yesterday, but I can also be practical and see the simplicity of how it happened. And the coaching staff should also surely see that.

This is why I still cling on to that little tiny bit of hope. I won’t give up yet.

I would say the Championship level players are Coleman, Patterson, Mykolenko, Simms, Davies and Holgate. 

The rest might not be top players in the league but they have either proven themselves as Premier League players in the past or have shown enough quality to play in the league.

Even someone like Maupay, who has been terrible for us, lead the line for Brighton for the past 2 or 3 years.

I am beginning to come to the conclusion that Everton, even more so after debacle of this week, at this moment in time have become a poison challis, and no player of worth wants to touch us with a barge pole. 

I feel what ever target Thelwell and Lampard may had identified, simply don't want to come here, because the place is toxic. This week I believe the board have made it near impossible for Thelwell to do his job. We will have the 'left overs' to pick from - and the sad think is Thelwell will be judged on these signing, as he has to bring some bodies in. 

A almost think we should be planning for playing in the Championship now, we are now odds on to go down and should half an eye of building a squad that has the best change to bring us straight back up.

What we can't do is buy a load of shite that financial fuck us up if we do go down. 

24 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

A almost think we should be planning for playing in the Championship now, we are now odds on to go down and should half an eye of building a squad that has the best change to bring us straight back up.

What we can't do is buy a load of shite that financial fuck us up if we do go down. 

I think that is very much the reason we are primarily looking at loans with an option to buy.

We'd be stupid (so this wouldn't actually surprise me!) to buy a player on potentially high wages, find they don't meet expectations and then we're stuck with them if we go down (or if we don't for that matter).

I'd say loans to the end of the season are the best way forward for anyone we'd like to buy to avoid getting lumbered with more flops.

I actually think we are going to take as much time as we can to find the right targets. And then take the time to make sure the contract is right, so we don't make past mistakes.

Would have been foolish of us to rush through a few names just to keep the fans happy. Short term boosts for long term losses are what we need to avoid.

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

I actually think we are going to take as much time as we can to find the right targets. And then take the time to make sure the contract is right, so we don't make past mistakes.

Would have been foolish of us to rush through a few names just to keep the fans happy. Short term boosts for long term losses are what we need to avoid.

I really can't see us buying a player this window paying PL wages on a 3-5 year contract, I agree with the lads the position we are in financially and the league position would be very dangerous, I see loans at best and Thelwell planning for relegation and to bounce back quickly. 

It seems as though we are only in the market for a forward and if I was one of those I would look at this side and think:

1. We are shite going forward so he would to spend most of his time defending / isolated.

2. We have arguably 3 players they would be behind in the pecking order (Dom, Gray and Gordon).

3. We bought Maupay and McNeil in the last window and look how that worked out for them both and therefore raises questions of the manager.

4. We are prime candidates for relegation.

5. The club is a shit show.

If I was a player I would be weighing up all my other options and then coming here as a last resort (if it was better than the current club). 

That includes seeing what business the current club are going to do before deciding whether a bit part of that team is a better option of being a bigger part at Everton. 

1 minute ago, Palfy said:

I really can't see us buying a player this window paying PL wages on a 3-5 year contract, I agree with the lads the position we are in financially and the league position would be very dangerous, I see loans at best and Thelwell planning for relegation and to bounce back quickly. 

Not every player needs to be on massive wages though. Other teams can do it on a reasonable budget, its just us.

The issue might be is that we are that much of a dodgy option that players wont come here without a big pay cheque to offset that risk!

1 hour ago, StevO said:

Any player we bring in will have a relegation clause in the wages, just like the rest of the players will have. The hardest bit will be finding players that want to come to us in the first place, unless we throw silly money at them. We are fucked. 

Agree with new signings but do you really think the rest of the squad does? I seriously doubt it. 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Agree with new signings but do you really think the rest of the squad does? I seriously doubt it. 

It’s been the norm in the vast majority of clubs in the league and has been for a long time. It would be more strange if we weren’t putting that in there. That said, the few clubs who have been caught out by not having these clauses have been the ones with mad owners, like QPR and I think Cardiff. 
Even Man United in the Alex Ferguson days of winning league titles had it in their contracts. 
I know lads who have been at a few clubs over the years who were panicked about losing a big chunk of wages if they got relegated. I know Wigan and Newcastle both had 40% cuts when they got relegated from the Prem. Accrington Stanley on the other hand had 15% when they went back out of the leagues, they also had a 15% promotion clause too. It’s late and I’m still talking. 🤐