IGNORED

January Transfer Window

5 hours ago, StevO said:

It’s been the norm in the vast majority of clubs in the league and has been for a long time. It would be more strange if we weren’t putting that in there. That said, the few clubs who have been caught out by not having these clauses have been the ones with mad owners, like QPR and I think Cardiff. 
Even Man United in the Alex Ferguson days of winning league titles had it in their contracts. 
I know lads who have been at a few clubs over the years who were panicked about losing a big chunk of wages if they got relegated. I know Wigan and Newcastle both had 40% cuts when they got relegated from the Prem. Accrington Stanley on the other hand had 15% when they went back out of the leagues, they also had a 15% promotion clause too. It’s late and I’m still talking. 🤐

Well there seems to be no panic or urgency in our play, so it would suggest no clause's have been written in their contracts 😉

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

Well there seems to be no panic or urgency in our play, so it would suggest no clause's have been written in their contracts 😉

I would have thought it the other way around.

If they didn’t have clauses they would be fighting to stay up.

If they did have clauses they wouldn’t be worrying, they would be just excited about their new club haha.

9 hours ago, StevO said:

It’s been the norm in the vast majority of clubs in the league and has been for a long time. It would be more strange if we weren’t putting that in there. That said, the few clubs who have been caught out by not having these clauses have been the ones with mad owners, like QPR and I think Cardiff. 
Even Man United in the Alex Ferguson days of winning league titles had it in their contracts. 
I know lads who have been at a few clubs over the years who were panicked about losing a big chunk of wages if they got relegated. I know Wigan and Newcastle both had 40% cuts when they got relegated from the Prem. Accrington Stanley on the other hand had 15% when they went back out of the leagues, they also had a 15% promotion clause too. It’s late and I’m still talking. 🤐

Maybe so, but we're they run by our board? We've probably got clauses to pay them for cup wins without winning the cup. 

2 hours ago, Shukes said:

I would have thought it the other way around.

If they didn’t have clauses they would be fighting to stay up.

If they did have clauses they wouldn’t be worrying, they would be just excited about their new club haha.

Shukes, the clauses wouldn't be relegation release clauses. It would simply mean they get paid less in the Championship.

11 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Shukes, the clauses wouldn't be relegation release clauses. It would simply mean they get paid less in the Championship.

I’m not talking about the clause itself mate. 
Just that attitudes are different depending on what’s at stake. I work harder at my business than any employee as it’s my money that’s at stake. Footballers work harder when they have more to lose. 

If there wasn’t a clause, and we get relegated with them being on less wages…. Surely that would encourage them to work harder not to get relegated? 

If there was a clause that said if we get relegated, it would be easier for them to leave to stay in the premier league…. Then again, there wouldn't be such motivation to fight for survival. 

Believe me, footballers are selfish individuals that care about theirselves over any club. They are human.

9 hours ago, RuffRob said:

It's desperate. The points we have squandered (and the teams we have squandered them to) since 1st January is going to be prove terminal this season.

Same could be said about some of the very winnable games before the summer window closed too. Forest and Villa stand-out.

10 hours ago, RuffRob said:

It's desperate. The points we have squandered (and the teams we have squandered them to) since 1st January is going to be prove terminal this season.

1 hour ago, c1982 said:

Same could be said about some of the very winnable games before the summer window closed too. Forest and Villa stand-out.

We do the same every fucking transfer window and whenever me, or anyone else complains about and says it's a shit way to do things because you're throwing points away, we get shouted down that it's alllllll fine.

It's not fine, is it? It's just another example of how badly run we are as a club.

I

21 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

It's taken us 24 days of the transfer window to agree one deal, get them to do their medical and media stuff, have them shit on us and go elsewhere... I don't hold out much hope for us doing any incoming business this window now.

We'll see the team decimated further with outgoings though by the looks.

It's getting clearer by the day how badly we are run, I wouldn't be surprised if we're in administration before the end of the season, the way it's going.

6 hours ago, Wall Writer said:

I

It's getting clearer by the day how badly we are run, I wouldn't be surprised if we're in administration before the end of the season, the way it's going.

Not sure there is much we can do on this one. Better team showed an interest so he goes there so sit on the bench.

We beat other clubs to his signature so we must have done something right before that.

25 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Just had a realisation that we have 6 days of the window left.

No manager.

....I'm sat here looking at my phone, not a clue what words to use just now!

It’s almost feels like the Moshiri and the board want us to go down  the way they have been conducting themselves.

13 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Everton, that.

Fuck. Shit. Bollocks. Cuntish bastards.

13 hours ago, Newty82 said:

Just had a realisation that we have 6 days of the window left.

No manager.

....I'm sat here looking at my phone, not a clue what words to use just now!

Was it not the same when Lampard came in. Last minute appointment and then rushed/panic deals for DVB and Ali. 

prob not a popular position but I think we shouldn't sell or buy anyone. I think it was clear some of the lads stopped playing for lampard (shame on them). Let's see if the new manager can get a tune out of them.

yes we desperately need a striker just like we did in the summer. I was against Maupay at the time and that signing clearly hasn't worked out. Same as now, last window there was no one available so we took what was there...it just hasn't worked out.