IGNORED

January Transfer Window

Watford have likely rejected that as they know we're down, so know that they won't get paid. 

It sounds really lazy too, as Sarr has been linked with us for ages. The board are probably running around looking at scraps of paper and throwing names together.

I've given him plenty of time, but what Thelwell actually does it lost on me.

All the clubs around us have strengthened. We've sold a first team player and failed to replace him. The only change we have made that can help us stay up is the manager.

We are absolutely going to get relegated bar an absolute miracle from Sean Dyche.

With the current state of the club and the current relationship with the fans, what on earth are the board thinking? I think the second half of this season is going to be the lowest point in Everton's modern history.

Am I the only one not joining in the collective "woe is us"? We really don't have a bad squad, and we're really not in a hopeless situation. We need a striker: That's all we need for now. If we don't get one, we'll be relying heavily on DC-L - but he is an England international, folks.

Someone around here needs to be an optimist!

An earlier quote from someone: We always make a mess of January windows, so let's not repeat that mistake.

Just now, Cornish Steve said:

Am I the only one not joining in the collective "woe is us"? We really don't have a bad squad, and we're really not in a hopeless situation. We need a striker: That's all we need for now. If we don't get one, we'll be relying heavily on DC-L - but he is an England international, folks.

I've drunk half a bottle of wine and having  a night cap. Probably feeling the lowest I have felt for many years.

2 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

An earlier quote from someone: We always make a mess of January windows, so let's not repeat that mistake.

Have you always been an idiot or is it just something you've grown into?

24 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

Agree, Isaid earlier the squad isn't awful and the table is still tight.

That said, to go thru the window and not bring a striker in is astounding. DCL is quality but not been fit enough for last 18 months. We have literally no on else. Maupay is awful and Simms is never going to be a decent player 

I want to be optimistic but fuck me the club are making it hard to be 

Under Dyche, I think the squad looks like this:

GK: Pickford / Begovic

RB: Coleman / Patterson

CB: Tarks / Coady / Godfrey / Mina / Holgate / Keane

LB: Mykolenko / Vinagre

CM: Gueye / Onana / Garner / Davies / Doucoure

RM: Gray / Iwobi

LM: McNeil

ST: Dom / Maupay / Simms

We have plenty of players covering the back 4 and central midfield. 

We are crazily short up front. I can see Maupay doing well (maybe just better) in the second striker slot and a lot of people have wanted to see him and Dom play together. 

Its mad that we have 6 players covering 2 postions at CB and then 6 players covering 4 positions in attacking positions. If we get any injuries, which you can almost gaurentee, then we are fucked. We will be playing a 4 man central midfield, or a full back as a winger or chucking Keane up front. 

The squad has enough quality to do a lot better than our current position but we have to rely on a lot of luck when it comes to avoiding injuries.