IGNORED

Qualifying for Europe

4 minutes ago, Sibdane said:

The only thing that hurts about reading that article is thinking how easy the beginning of the season was supposed to be in regards to our schedule. We really didn't take advantage of that. At least we've turned it around lately. 

And we turned it around in December when our run was as difficult as the one we've got coming up now, that was what we were worried about when the fixtures came out. Let's hope we can pick up a few points from the next four games, I'd settle for six personally.

57 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Don’t why you’re bothering with the topic when it’s completely out of reach for us. 

If the cups go our way we are in a European spot already and we are only 3 points off a guaranteed spot with 11 games to go, so it’s hardly completely out of reach 🤷🏻‍♂️

Even without a European campaign to deal with next year, we have to severely retool our squad. As much as I would love to see us in Europe next season, I fear what might happen if we're trying to manage a Europa schedule with a ton of new players.

If we somehow, miraculously, finish in a champions league spot, then I would be all for us playing in Europe. I just am always cautious of us playing in the Europa league, especially with it being Carlo's first full season with the squad he wants. I would rather see him push us forward in the league without the Thursday-to-Sunday distraction. 

I know I might be in the minority on that, but for me it's either Champions League or nothing. 

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Don’t why you’re bothering with the topic when it’s completely out of reach for us. 

1 hour ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

If the cups go our way we are in a European spot already and we are only 3 points off a guaranteed spot with 11 games to go, so it’s hardly completely out of reach 🤷🏻‍♂️

I suspect Mark's post was a bit (a lot) ironic and aimed at a certain member, mentioning no names.

2 hours ago, StevO said:

Fuck Europa League, Champions League is the way to go! 4th place is achievable, but we can’t lose to Arsenal, United or Chelsea if we are to stand a chance. 

I’ve thrown a fiver on at 40/1 just in case. 

Seriously 40/1 that is great odds how long ago was that Steve I fancy a piece of that, for me that is so achievable if we beat Arsenal away which I believe we will 4th place is definitely on. 

Here I was at the beginning of the season, looking at that second to last match against Sheffield United as a throwaway. It might end up determining a Europa league spot. I'm done discounting their success and assuming they'll fall off at some point. Wilder has them believing. 

Shame the red shite are making the championship a moot point, because there are a lot of other really exciting stories happening around the league this season.

6 hours ago, Palfy said:

Seriously 40/1 that is great odds how long ago was that Steve I fancy a piece of that, for me that is so achievable if we beat Arsenal away which I believe we will 4th place is definitely on. 

1 hour ago, StevO said:

Right after the Palace game mate, William Hill. 

Can get 50/1 in a few places.

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/top-4-finish