IGNORED

Josh King

If King is up for coming and being a squad player at a club with top 4-6 aspirations, as opposed to being a starter at mid table - relegation fighting club, it wouldn't surprise me to see this one happening. We need a few more options at this end of the pitch, and he might be an affordable squad option this January, especially if Bernard moves on. If we see a move involving Jonjo the other way to cover cost - then moving on a player, that to me now seems surplus to Ancelotti's plans in exchange to one that may be of little more use to the squad almost seems like a no brainer. (the merits of keeping Jonjo is another argument - as the fact is he is getting no game time under Ancelloti).

Not all our signings are going to be first 11 signings, so think he's a decent enough 'stocking filler' given the level of our current squad. 

3 minutes ago, Palfy said:

He’ll be off to Celtic with Howe soon, he’s not good enough to improve a team with sights set on the top 6 or better. 

Howes wife hated the weather up north in England, just wait till they’re in Scotland.  If he could learn Spanish he would be better suited to that league and his wife could have her weather too

https://readeverton.com/2021/01/18/everton-must-avoid-josh-king-deal-high-wages/

£120K a week!! - what planet is Josh King on. Does he really think that clubs are still going to pay this sort of wages for an 'OK' squad player (for 2/3 of Premier league clubs) - has he not realised the market is very different this year.  He is no where near worth these sorts of wages - also says a lot of about a player if he thinks he's in a position to rinse a club with his wage demands, which are really above his 'level'.  I think he is on around £45K a week at Bournemouth - and that's about his worth to be honest.

I'd like to think as a club we have moved on now from having to pay over 'inflated' wages to get player in the door. 

Can't see that being true, that'd make him our top earner or close to it.

He's 29 so it'll be his last big pay day though so I'd expect him to be closer to the first team average, about £80k a week.

And Everton are 57th in the global list for their wage bill, with the average annual pay standing at £4,101,760, which equates to an average weekly pay of £78,880.

3 hours ago, pete0 said:

Can't see that being true, that'd make him our top earner or close to it.

He's 29 so it'll be his last big pay day though so I'd expect him to be closer to the first team average, about £80k a week.

And Everton are 57th in the global list for their wage bill, with the average annual pay standing at £4,101,760, which equates to an average weekly pay of £78,880.

I still wouldn’t give him anywhere near that

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, c1982 said:

With 6months left on his contract, £8m doesn’t seem likely (unless we’re desperate). Maybe full cost over his contract inclusive of wages etc. = £8m. Fee will, no doubt, be announced as undisclosed.

Decent fee. We'll get him on a 3 yr deal and we can always look to sell him this summer or next winter for a similar fee. Fulham apparently finalizing Josh Maja so it's looking more and more likely this is our signing. 

In Carlo/Brands I trust, etc. I know next to nothing about him so I'll wait and see what happens. It's a huge move for him, he probably never imagined Carlo Ancelotti would be his manager less than a season after being relegated to the Championship, so at the very least I'm looking for him to play his heart out for the shirt. I'll take that after the Walking Dead shit-show against Newcastle the other day.