IGNORED

Josh King

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

It’s all been very odd. He’s not really been given an opportunity - maybe he’s got fitness issues? Because while I don’t think he’s a brilliant player, he’s not a bad one either. 

16 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

It’s all been very odd. He’s not really been given an opportunity - maybe he’s got fitness issues? Because while I don’t think he’s a brilliant player, he’s not a bad one either. 

Probably more like he’s not getting a chance because he doesn’t really offer anything 

On 02/04/2021 at 17:39, pete0 said:

Bit premature writing him off after watching him play a 120 minutes over 8 games, plus he's not even been match fit.

Not writing him off PeteO, just saying I’m more than underwhelmed so far. Would love him to prove me wrong.

On 02/04/2021 at 17:39, pete0 said:

Bit premature writing him off after watching him play a 120 minutes over 8 games, plus he's not even been match fit.

If we keep him at the end of the season I’ll jump in the Mersey with rocks in my pockets. 

On 10/01/2021 at 15:17, Zoo 2.0 said:

King hasn't scored a single goal this season, bar a brace against Oldham in the FA Cup. 

I'll be honest I don't know know why everyone is so crazy about signing Josh - he's 28, so much older than I would like and was OK, if a bit forgettable at a Bournemouth side that was fighting relegation. 

Signing average players just creates more averageness, and is exactly what we don't want if we want to get into the Champions League and beyond - why waste the time on King when we could sign someone for half the price, who's half the age on the continent? Malik for example is two years younger?

@Formby is bang on IMO.

On 01/02/2021 at 22:02, Zoo 2.0 said:

I know people are desperate to get someone through the door but is replacing deadwood with deadwood really that exciting? He's been playing in the Championship this season and has scored zero goals. I just can't understand why people are getting excited about this? The Edin Dzeko shout I can understand the pros and cons but with this I'm thinking folk are just desperate to see someone new.

Zero goals and demanding £100,000 a week (according to reports). I'll be made up if he goes to Fulham, would be uninspiring to say the least. Not to mention that he's just turned 29!

Hate to say I told you so :unsure:...

4 hours ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Bang on though. I understand everyone was desperate to see someone come in after Tosun because he was signed and meant to be the striker we needed but was just so immobile. 

I don’t think Kean will stay and Simms could maybe use another loan - promoted team in the prem or a solid top 6 team in the championship perhaps. We need a second striker who can come on and change a game. Danny Ings or Callum Wilson would have been ideal in my opinion. 

10 hours ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Still 10 games left. A short term back-up signing allowing Gordon to get more minutes out on-loan. He contributed vs Man U - that could be important and even if he contributes to one more goal in the 10 games that mean an extra point - that could make all the difference. It’s looking likely that he won’t be earning a contract here but there’s nothing to ‘tell’ really... if we’d have given him a 3 year contract maybe but thankfully those in charge saw the deal for what it is/was.

He’s clearly not impressing Carlo enough in training to get a start, Carlos our manager I’ll go with that decision. It doesn’t stop me being disappointed, I thought he would be a reasonable addition, never world class but decent squad player with more about him than Tosun.

2 hours ago, Bailey said:

Lets be honest, if DCL and Richarlison stayed fit, he wasn't going to start.

He clearly needs a run of games and I doubt he will get that before the end of the season. It is the same situation we had with Kean.

yep and this is the trouble with the backup striker, DCL and richarlison are both very durable.  I think we need more of a Older Vet type guy who's willing to sit on the bench and play the old injury/cup match.