IGNORED

Liverpool Derby (Home) Saturday October 17th

markjazzbassist

46 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Mane’s was not quite as bad as Pickfords, but deserved a yellow, and his diving was way over the top. 

And there was the one with Gomes high foot, Manes head touch’s the ball the same time a Gomes foot does, Mane goes down as if he’s been kicked in the head, blatent cheating.

8 hours ago, pete0 said:

Don't get why so many think Pickford deserved a red when even their manager said the Pickford one would usually be yellow.

Joke that all the talk is about us getting a decision, at best Pickford didn't get a yellow. Looking at our red Richarlison didn't hit him with the stoods so arguably should've been a yellow. Only clear red was Robertson for being shit bag, then there's maybe Mane for the same thing but they didn't focus on him in the replays.

Should be a lot more noise about Mane for the diving too. 

There manager and everyone who watched it knows it was a straight red, he could have cost us the game again.

We should have been down to 10 men and a penalty, he carnt help himself, hes not going to improve now.

The few good saves dont outweigh all the brain farts he has, imo.

Saying all that getting the breaks against them has been a long time coming.

I love Derby’s with a bit of bite in them from both teams, it shows the fight and passion is there, how many times have we moaned in the past that we have rolled over and just laid down. 
Yesterday we put some steel into our game so did they they just came off worse in the injury stakes, tough fucking shit that’s how the cookie crumbles, it could have just of been the other way round, so I’m proud of everyone of our players who took them on toe to toe and kicked their egos into the ground, they were mixing it as much as us but they lost the fight and now there fucking crying. 

3 hours ago, Tonsta said:

There manager and everyone who watched it knows it was a straight red, he could have cost us the game again.

We should have been down to 10 men and a penalty, he carnt help himself, hes not going to improve now.

The few good saves dont outweigh all the brain farts he has, imo.

Saying all that getting the breaks against them has been a long time coming.

Their manager said a yellow so how are you arguing otherwise?

Never a pen as it's offside.

4 hours ago, Shukes said:

Replays show Richarlisons studs clearly hitting his ankle mate. Can’t really defend that one.

pickfords was awful and we were lucky.

Agree with Robertson, he should have been getting a Ellie at least for that.

Mane’s was not quite as bad as Pickfords, but deserved a yellow, and his diving was way over the top. 

Depends what angle you view it from. At 16 second you see he's pulled his foot away and clash knees.

https://youtu.be/2GHkP9hx4jQ

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

Depends what angle you view it from. At 16 second you see he's pulled his foot away and clash knees.

There manager said straight red not sure what interview you watched, Pickford had no idea when he lunged it was offside

Thats the whole point, he would have been off and a pen given, game over.

17 minutes ago, Tonsta said:

There manager said straight red not sure what interview you watched, Pickford had no idea when he lunged it was offside

Thats the whole point, he would have been off and a pen given, game over.

He said if it wasn't offside it'd be a pen and a yellow.

But it was offside. Ref probs should have gave a yellow to Pickford. A yellow to the keeper would hardly have changed the game. 

Compare that to vvd should have been given two bookings in the first 5 mins (maybe that's why the ref didn't bother giving Pickford one).

Fabinho should have had one for shirt pulling to stop our attack.

Mane shouldn't have even been on the pitch, easily could have had two yellows for diving and potentially a red for the trip.

Robertson was definitely a red but didn't even get booked.

Add to that Robertson fouled our player in the build up to their first goal.

They had all the referee decisions go their way bar Pickford not getting a yellow. 

We were rather fortunate to come away with a point in that game. For the life of me, I cannot see how Henderson's goal was offside. All four goals in the game, though, were really good. Whether we like it or not, Liverpool are a very good team with some outstanding players. The fact that we mostly went toe to toe with them shows how much we've improved - but we have quite a way to go to become truly dominant.

Pickford still concerns me. We can argue all day long about that challenge on VVD, but he was very lucky not to receive a card. It was reckless in the extreme - notwithstanding comments above that claim otherwise. And there should have been no need to disallow the goal at the end; Pickford should have done better. Yes, he made two outstanding saves, but I'm still nervous whenever he's involved. It's going to take time to change that, I think.

I thought our defense did quite well, despite the hesitancy that led to their second goal. Keane was solid, and it was good to see him score another. Digne's cross for our second goal was wonderful. Godfrey made a very good impression on his debut; he looks to be a good buy.

Up front, Richarlison was out of sorts and had a poor game. His rash tackle was stupid, and he deserved the red card. He said some nice words afterwards, but that doesn't make up for very poor judgment. DC-L took the header well, but he really should have scored earlier. He's getting better at taking chances, for sure, but that was a missed opportunity. He can get better, and I would expect him to continue to improve. James was kept quiet, although his quality was evident especially in the second half.

Once again, though, the midfield is where we're different - despite another poor performance from Gomes (I can't wait for Gbamin to be fit). Doucoure was strong and solid, but Allan was the more impressive. It's clear that Allan is not yet back to 100 percent, yet his impact on the game was obvious. He's a real fighter, tough, and the engine in midfield we've been screaming for.

By the way, another quantum change from prior seasons is our threat on set pieces. Corners are no longer a waste of time but an opportunity to score - every time.

The next game will be another tough one, since Soton achieved a strong result yesterday against Chelsea. The results in general, though, went well for us yesterday. Let's hope Villa and Leicester tie later today.

2 hours ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

People (on both sides) criticising Pickford for his tackle have clearly never played in goal

For me I expect the whinging reds to complain and cry about it, but I’m totally confused about the Evertonian’s who have backed their claims, not sure if it’s based on the fact they like to criticise Pickford for being Pickford, or they’ve forgotten what tribe they belong to. 
He was doing his job and doing it well, I personally can’t see any problem with that challenge in the context of the game and why it was made. 

18 hours ago, pete0 said:

If one angle shows his studs hitting his leg, then the studs hit his leg mate.

Because other angles don’t pick it up doesn’t mean it didn’t happen. 

Just so we’re all clear, contact doesn’t have to made to be a dangerous tackle either. The rules state that if a tackle is made with studs of the ground... it’s a red. It was a red regardless of any team he plays for. Fair play to Richarlison, he recognises that himself.

We should be moving on from last matches tackles in any case. We got a point from an excellent goal from DCL and stayed top of the league. 
COYB’s!!!!