IGNORED

Liverpool Derby (Home) Saturday October 17th

markjazzbassist

1 minute ago, StevO said:

The first 15 minutes of the second half we should have scored twice, but didn’t convert. 
They were no more impressive than us today. Both teams weren’t good enough at the back and a threat going forward. 

We just didn’t get forward enough. 80% of our balls to the forwards were shocking. 

A point is a good result against the champions. We are guaranteed to stay top after this game week which is great for the confidence of the team. DCL makes it 7 in 5 games and has scored in 5 games in a row for us. James has 3 goals and 3 assists in those 5 league games. We're looking dangerous and are still 100% contenders for champions league football. 

As long as Liverpool, Chelsea or City don't completely run away with it we will be in contention for the league title. 

4 minutes ago, Aidan said:

A point is a good result against the champions. We are guaranteed to stay top after this game week which is great for the confidence of the team. DCL makes it 7 in 5 games and has scored in 5 games in a row for us. James has 3 goals and 3 assists in those 5 league games. We're looking dangerous and are still 100% contenders for champions league football. 

As long as Liverpool, Chelsea or City don't completely run away with it we will be in contention for the league title. 

City are currently 9 points behind

8 minutes ago, Wiggytop said:

Pickford tackle on VVD was awful and he should have been given a red, I wonder if he was trying for a bit of retribution after VVD should have had two yellows, one for tackle on James and the other on DCL

Don’t think it was retribution, more just clattering in chaotic action.  Still a red.  But VVD did deserve a yellow, didn’t he?  Wasn’t it in first minute or 2 that he deliberately hammered James or somebody.

We now have some real talent, so that one of our best players 2 seasons ago, Gomes, now looks mediocre at times.  James and Allan are special, and DCL might become a great striker.

But Liverpool still looked the better team most of today’s match.  Better pace, pressing, passing, creativity.  Two outstanding talents in Mané and Salah.

Don’t know what happened to them v. Villa.  Glad it did.  Also glad we lucked out today, but it took very unusual luck to take a point today.

1 hour ago, Elston Gunnn said:

Didn’t look offside from multiple stop-action replays, so VAR decision seemed crazy wrong, seemed a legit goal.

But American TV commentators (neither of whom is American) said VAR uses other cameras that we don’t see.  That’s the only way I can understand why that goal didn’t stand.  Glad it didn’t, but I’ll hope we get to see what VAR saw, just to understand.

Also, VAR was involved in the Pickford-VVD clatter, and I don’t understand that one either.  We lucked out twice with VAR today.

I genuinely felt the opposite. Live time I said to my son that looked off. Granted I didn’t expect it to be so close. However the rule is the rule. We’ve lost out in the last year and nobody was shouting a screaming for us (Man U) in particular so I couldn’t care less. If they were a good enough side they’d already be beating us by then. I’ll let them cry into their chips tonight. 

17 minutes ago, Elston Gunnn said:

We now have some real talent, so that one of our best players 2 seasons ago, Gomes, now looks mediocre at times.  James and Allan are special, and DCL might become a great striker.

But Liverpool still looked the better team most of today’s match.  Better pace, pressing, passing, creativity.  Two outstanding talents in Mané and Salah.

Don’t know what happened to them v. Villa.  Glad it did.  Also glad we lucked out today, but it took very unusual luck to take a point today.

Agree with this but they are part of a stable team, look at us we've only just started. Just wait till this new look side really gel!!

1 minute ago, barryj said:

I genuinely felt the opposite. Live time I said to my son that looked off. Granted I didn’t expect it to be so close. However the rule is the rule. We’ve lost out in the last year and nobody was shouting a screaming for us (Man U) in particular so I couldn’t care less. If they were a good enough side they’d already be beating us by then. I’ll let them cry into their chips tonight. 

You know, I agree with you that live action I, too, thought he was offside, and definitely hoped so.  But then the repeated stop-action photos didn’t look offside to me.  So then I heard commentators talking about VAR looking at different camera shots than we see, so that confused me.

And now I hear talk that a “sleeve” was offside, so I don’t know what that means, or more likely I don’t know the intricacies of the rule.  Sleeve??

5 minutes ago, barryj said:

What happened to them against Villa is they had no Mane, Henderson or Thiago 

Yes, that makes sense, though it must also have been a case that at some point, they just mentally collapsed.  Everything going right for Villa, just a case of everything going shockingly wrong at once for the Reds.

I will need to pay some attention to Villa.

3 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

HAHAHAHAHA!

For far too long things have gone against us in derbies, so I do not give a shiny shite that we shoudl have lost out with decisions today. I'm going to revel in it.

i was looking forward to your response today :) i agree, we never get the "rub of the green", it was nice for once.  glad the red shite got a taste of their own medicine.  they get the calls every week.

19 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Drink it in, blues, drink it in. The worst losers going are at it again. Don't think they'll be wanting the kick out by Robertson looking into, or Mane tripping Mina on purpose...

I use to think Ferguson and Utd could never be beaten for crying 😭 when things didn’t go there way. 
But Klopp and the shite have taken it to another level over the last few years, fucking pussies.  

4 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Rumours going about saying VVD ruptured his ACL and will be looking at 6 months out. 

No chance those shithouses are winning the league this season if true, especially with Alison out for a month or two. 

ACL's are normally 8-9 months to be honest, it could be the start of next season at best when they see him again, plus he will more than likely miss the European Championships. 

They're title challenge doesn't rest on him solely, but he's a massive part of the machine gone. 

9 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

ACL's are normally 8-9 months to be honest, it could be the start of next season at best when they see him again, plus he will more than likely miss the European Championships. 

They're title challenge doesn't rest on him solely, but he's a massive part of the machine gone. 

Weve seen this Liverpool defence without him. He's their most important player IMO. 

5 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

I don't like players getting injured but FFS has vvd got a monopoly on putting his foot in?  Awful challenge by Pickford but no malace.

No doubt they will want severe retro punishment

Would love to see all the Liverpool fans buzzing if Pickford got a retrospective ban.... And then see all the Everton fans buzzing too 😂

1 minute ago, Aidan said:

Would love to see all the Liverpool fans buzzing if Pickford got a retrospective ban.... And then see all the Everton fans buzzing too 😂

Pickford will have to go into his own version of lockdown, Carlo will have to send him on a firework safety course to deal with all the rockets and flares and stuff.

Don't get why so many think Pickford deserved a red when even their manager said the Pickford one would usually be yellow.

Joke that all the talk is about us getting a decision, at best Pickford didn't get a yellow. Looking at our red Richarlison didn't hit him with the stoods so arguably should've been a yellow. Only clear red was Robertson for being shit bag, then there's maybe Mane for the same thing but they didn't focus on him in the replays.

Should be a lot more noise about Mane for the diving too.