IGNORED

Liverpool Derby (Home) Saturday October 17th

markjazzbassist

We have a 2 week lay-off with the international break.  Hopefully Allan Gomes and richarlison get healthy.  Same lineup as our previous matches before the injuries, give Pickford a chance to prove himself here

Pickford

coleman keane Mina digne
                    Allan

Gomes doucoure

james          DCL    Richarlison

8 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

We have a 2 week lay-off with the international break.  Hopefully Allan Gomes and richarlison get healthy.  Same lineup as our previous matches before the injuries, give Pickford a chance to prove himself here

Pickford

coleman keane Mina digne
                    Allan

Gomes doucoure

james          DCL    Richarlison

Injury dependent but let’s hope we are at full strength-ish. Win, lose or draw I’m more interested in how we play. Gotta see if we can legitimately compete with a club of that caliber. 

2 hours ago, Matt said:

Hoping Coleman’s injury isn’t too bad, don’t fancy Davies covering RB again. 

Hate to say it but might need to consider an emergency loan at RB cover. Ankles are buggers and Kenny being out for 4-6 weeks makes me nervous ifSeamus is injured currently too

12 hours ago, Cisk said:

Hate to say it but might need to consider an emergency loan at RB cover. Ankles are buggers and Kenny being out for 4-6 weeks makes me nervous ifSeamus is injured currently too

Im reasonably optimistic about it. He didn’t look in any major discomfort, more that he felt something and thought “no point in risking this”. He looked fine walking off the pitch, there wasn’t a limp there that I could see. 

4 hours ago, Btay said:

Coleman will be fine. Game was wrapped up so definitely not point risking it and he’s got 2 weeks.

ROI have 3  — yes, 3 — international matches between Oct 8 and 14.  Coleman in their squad, though I think he lost his starting job their last match.  Maybe he’ll be replaced in ROI squad for these matches?

29 minutes ago, Elston Gunnn said:

ROI have 3  — yes, 3 — international matches between Oct 8 and 14.  Coleman in their squad, though I think he lost his starting job their last match.  Maybe he’ll be replaced in ROI squad for these matches?

Think I saw their manager say he's out.

This is our first real test of the season, not a great result that against Villa, wounded animal and all that. I've been vocally optimistic with my redshite mates. This is one derby that I think we can win, it won't be easy. I'll go with the Jazzbassist's selection, injuries dependent.

I'm so excited!!!

16 hours ago, Ger said:

This is our first real test of the season, not a great result that against Villa, wounded animal and all that. I've been vocally optimistic with my redshite mates. This is one derby that I think we can win, it won't be easy. I'll go with the Jazzbassist's selection, injuries dependent.

I'm so excited!!!

I think your are right, this is really the first 'big' test of the season for us. We caught Spurs cold on match day 1 , and the rest have been games that I like to think we would have got something out off. All in all we are maybe probably 3 - 4 points better than maybe we thought we would be. What has been encouraging is we have deserved the wins in all the games, and have reacted in the best manner possible when goals had been scored against us. We have been the better and more dominate team in all these games.

Liverpool are going to be a different kettle of fish - they are arguably one if not the best team in the world and will finish in the top 2 or 3 this season. They will have more of the ball than us and will most likely control the lions share of the game. Villa did smash Liverpool the other week, but Villa only had 30% possession - they just made the most of it. I am not sure the Villa result was a good or bad thing for us (just as likely to motivate then as it is to dent their confidence). However, I don't see a manager like Klopp making the same mistake twice.

However, win lose or draw, it's just going to be really interesting to see how we perform against one of the worlds best teams with an Everton team that not just our fans are applauding, but the wider footballing community are as well  - I am really optimistic we will put in a really good performance, show some quality and grit when it's needed in the game. It's is going to be a proper test for us as I can't see the Liverpool side that turned up at Villa Park being the same one that turns up at Goodison on Saturday.  

COYB