IGNORED

Liverpool Derby (Home) Saturday October 17th

markjazzbassist

1 minute ago, Hafnia said:

Was going to say great save but didn't want to jinx him.... Didn't stop the inevitable.  Solid game overall but he's just not reliable

I blame our defence more for him letting in that Henderson chance.

He was far, far busier than we want any keeper to be. Probably 90 mins that sum up Jordan perfectly though. Rash and reckless, excellent shot stopping and mixed distribution.

wild ride but a point is a fair result for what happened.  still undefeated, on to the next.  i have always said you beat the teams below you and have a go at the top sides, we got a point, better than previous years.  progress is being made, continue moving forward.

allan my motm, thought keane did well too.  special shout out to Godfrey, thrown to the lions he did well.

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

That offside is bollocks. Think we just did about enough for a point by coming back twice but not like that. I can’t take any enjoyment out of that. 

Matt I can and I tell you why. In the past we’ve had some shocking decisions go against us in the derby over the years and a day later no one gives a damn. You look back at end of the season and it’ll just show a draw. About time we got the break and I’m happy to make the most of it. Did we play well? No. Are we still unbeaten at the top of the league? Yes 

3 minutes ago, barryj said:

Matt I can and I tell you why. In the past we’ve had some shocking decisions go against us in the derby over the years and a day later no one gives a damn. You look back at end of the season and it’ll just show a draw. About time we got the break and I’m happy to make the most of it. Did we play well? No. Are we still unbeaten at the top of the league? Yes 

Oh I get all that, but 2 hairline indistinguishable decisions meant it wasn’t 2-4. Don’t get me wrong, as I said I think we earned a point but the technology has taken any joy out of it. 

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

Oh I get all that, but 2 hairline indistinguishable decisions meant it wasn’t 2-4. Don’t get me wrong, as I said I think we earned a point but the technology has taken any joy out of it. 

Has it bollocks, technology has made this the funniest derby I've known. eVARton all the way, teams at the top of the league getting all the decisions is here to stay. 

After the truly backward, shite decisions we've had over the years it's brilliant to get one on our side and rub their noses in it. Don't think VAR could have done a better job if it tried, a truly hilarious ending. The Kopites are rattled because Pickford didn't get a red and their precious last minute winner was chalked off - fucking brilliant to see. 

Didn’t look offside from multiple stop-action replays, so VAR decision seemed crazy wrong, seemed a legit goal.

But American TV commentators (neither of whom is American) said VAR uses other cameras that we don’t see.  That’s the only way I can understand why that goal didn’t stand.  Glad it didn’t, but I’ll hope we get to see what VAR saw, just to understand.

Also, VAR was involved in the Pickford-VVD clatter, and I don’t understand that one either.  We lucked out twice with VAR today.

23 minutes ago, Matt said:

That offside is bollocks. Think we just did about enough for a point by coming back twice but not like that. I can’t take any enjoyment out of that. 

I enjoyed the fact that we fought back twice from a goal down, that’s the sign of a never give up attitude which we have been missing since Moyes left.

Also offside is offside if you want to win things you take those big moments in your favour and relish them, they will eventually even themselves out over a season, so I celebrate and love that decision as an Evertonian, because it will keep our season on track and hurt them and the teams a round us, one of those decisions every game in our favour wouldn’t go a miss for me. 

They played us of the park for most of that and we never really got going, but we hung in there courtesy of Pickfords saves, but he should have been off really. Disappointing that there were so many errors by a couple of our players. I dont think we deserved a point but fuck I’ll take it. Ultimately a good result against the best team in the league.