IGNORED

Dele

RuffRob

4 hours ago, RuffRob said:

This sort of thing is good to hear, and a step in the right direction. If Frank and his team can reignite Deli Alli this summer and he gets anywhere near the player he was 3 years ago (talked about as the most valuable attacking midfielder in Europe) then that will be huge for us. If you can play to the strengths of a fit and fully committed Alli then he will put the ball in the back of the net. massive 6months for him to make or break his career.

after staying injury free for the past 6 months and getting a decent run of games, I also wonder if there is any hope for Gbamin - is this pre-season one that could get him up to the pace of the premier League. 

This season is it for him. It’s his chance at redemption. In the same way Iwobi was probably on his last chance this last season. In the same way that Gray was given an opportunity to restart his career. Fit, Lampard as coach, a team that needs a player like him and where he will get games. If he can even get back to 80% of his best he has the potential to be one of the best additions in recent years. All on him now.

9 hours ago, RuffRob said:

This sort of thing is good to hear, and a step in the right direction. If Frank and his team can reignite Deli Alli this summer and he gets anywhere near the player he was 3 years ago (talked about as the most valuable attacking midfielder in Europe) then that will be huge for us. If you can play to the strengths of a fit and fully committed Alli then he will put the ball in the back of the net. massive 6months for him to make or break his career.

after staying injury free for the past 6 months and getting a decent run of games, I also wonder if there is any hope for Gbamin - is this pre-season one that could get him up to the pace of the premier League. 

No excuses for next season now let’s see what he has to offer, I’ll be honest I have a feeling we won’t be very impressed.  I would dearly love him to prove me wrong we need someone to take up the challenge and become a big player for us now we’ve lost Richarlison, after all he was brought here for that very reason so let’s see the good’s. 

1 hour ago, Cornish Steve said:

Come on, Palfy. Don't be such a pessimist! What does impress you right now?

I wouldn't read too much into having a feeling. At our age, it's often a problem with the waterworks.

In football and life in general not a lot right now, I’ll have to lower my standards  slightly and embrace mediocrity 🙈😄

5 minutes ago, Palfy said:

In football and life in general not a lot right now, I’ll have to lower my standards  slightly and embrace mediocrity 🙈😄

To quote Joseph Heller, “Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them.”👍

19 hours ago, MikeO said:

To quote Joseph Heller, “Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them.”👍

Doe’s that mean I shouldn’t consider lowering my standards to fit in with others, or are you saying through Heller I’ve already been thrusted 🙈

19 minutes ago, patto said:

Dele coming back in top condition is great news I spoke to a friend and I said do you believe all this about Dele smashing all the tests apparently he was first in everything. 
my friend said yes all the academy lads where talking about how impressed they were with Deli 🤞

Why academy lads??? 

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/dele-alli-makes-everton-fight-24585193

Well if he actually backs this up with hard work and fight on the pitch, I am sure the rest will slot in to place for the lad. 

The goals against Blackpool have now got his goal scoring duck of his back (even if only in a friendly) and hopefully he can enjoy his football this season if he goes in to it with the right attitude and mentality from day one. An 'on form' Alli would be absolutely massive for us.   In the past you could build a team around a player like this.

Being positive, he has now had 6months to bed in to Everton and settle in the area. I am hoping he is seeing this pre-season as a new slate for himself to get his career back on track.

To me, you now give him a proper run in the team and play him in his best position and play to his strengths.  

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

He should be seen as the Richarlison replacement and we spend what little money we can elsewhere.

For me I think he is more clinical than Richarlison but lacks his workrate.  We seen in one half how a half fit dele could improve us with his brain and technical ability. 

there is still a question mark for me over how he fell from so high… the rumours were sleeping tablets but obviously that is just rumours. If it’s true and he has overcome them and can get his spark back he is a proper player.  We’ve not had that player with the ability to pop up in vital places since Cahill.