IGNORED

Dele

RuffRob

11 hours ago, MikeO said:

More to the point why did Lampard think he could turn him around when many before him failed to. Also interesting that Merson brought up his appearance when introduced at Goodison, and it’s a fair point if you going to change your mindset and turn a new page to try and resurrect your career you need to clear and clean all aspects of your life, and smarting your appearance up helps smarten your approach up, but instead he brought with him the poor attitude he had for years at Spurs here. 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

More to the point why did Lampard think he could turn him around when many before him failed to. Also interesting that Merson brought up his appearance when introduced at Goodison, and it’s a fair point if you going to change your mindset and turn a new page to try and resurrect your career you need to clear and clean all aspects of your life, and smarting your appearance up helps smarten your approach up, but instead he brought with him the poor attitude he had for years at Spurs here. 

Maybe Lampard didn't get a say in the transfer.

I am pretty sure Lampard had nothing to do with Alli's transfer in to the club. He would have played him much more I feel, I don't feel at any stage since he has been here has Lampard had any confidence in putting him on the pitch. I think we where all surprised when Gordon started up front on the first day of the season. There is no way you would sign a player and not give him a fair crack at the whip, you would give him half a dozen starts to try and play himself it to some form - he must have been showing bugger all on the training ground. 

If we sell for £6M -£8M it will have covered his wages since he has been here - So will be nothing lost. So finger crossed he does enough in Turkey to get a move and we move on with our new wave of players.  

Frank seemed to just repeat the same phrase that he needs to keep working.

I think this is part of it, but it also seems that his head is gone. Whatever the reason, if he does well he's gone, if he doesn't do well he's done. Either way, I don't think we'll ever see him in an Everton shirt again.

Good luck to him. He's obviously not in a good place mentally, so I just hope he can at least find peace within himself.

24 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

I am pretty sure Lampard had nothing to do with Alli's transfer in to the club. 

Lampard was very much involved in bringing him in. Even in the video when they met at Finch Farm, Frank said “we did it” as soon as he saw him. 

1 hour ago, SpartyBlue said:

Doubtful given this means they will make less money on the deal.

Do't know the fine print but I assumed that if Dele didn't make 20 appearances we didn't have to pay as he's on a 'free' but if he's on loan to Besiktas and makes 20+ we would be liable for any fee to Spurs. Reports say Besiktas could buy in Jan for 6mill or in the summer for 8mill.

2 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Just very sad on so many levels this, players quite often fail to live up to expectation/hype but I'm struggling to recall such a dramatic fall from grace. Plainly the problem is between his ears and I have great sympathy for him in that regard, but what a waste.

Agree Mike, sad to see talent decline and probably there are issues that have contributed to this. Hope he can settle in at Besiktas, enjoy his football once again and play to what was his undoubted ability.

Agreed. 
Such a shame to see how far he’s fallen. 
Massive talent, and lots of factors contributing to where he is now. 
Maybe being so far removed from the shitstorm that’s is daily life in the EPL will help him get his head straight / career back on track etc 

Really thought he was going to be a good signing for us