IGNORED

Harry Winks

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Winks on-loan it seems. He’ll have a job to change many opinions as I expect he’ll be written off before he kicks a ball. I’ve not actually seen much of him recently - mainly because he’s been out of favour but the saving grace is that Pochetino had him starting most games in a team that got to a Champions League Final - maybe Lampard sees something Pochetino did?

57 minutes ago, c1982 said:

Winks on-loan it seems. He’ll have a job to change many opinions as I expect he’ll be written off before he kicks a ball. I’ve not actually seen much of him recently - mainly because he’s been out of favour but the saving grace is that Pochetino had him starting most games in a team that got to a Champions League Final - maybe Lampard sees something Pochetino did?

Fuck.

1 hour ago, c1982 said:

Source?

1 minute ago, Romey 1878 said:

I don't think he is, and you know how much I don't rate Davies!

It does smack of Tom Cleverly I must say….  The only way I’m ok with it is that we need numbers in the midfield badly and it does seem to be the case that we may need the odd free/loan. 

the rest of me is just hoping the manager and thelwell see something that I don’t. 

8 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Source?

The reporter, Matt Law, who’s well connected to Lampard from his Chelsea days. Also mentions Gilmour and more positively Gallagher. Sadly Gallagher may be out of reach for now if Tuchel is giving him a chance.

3 hours ago, c1982 said:

The reporter, Matt Law, who’s well connected to Lampard from his Chelsea days. Also mentions Gilmour and more positively Gallagher. Sadly Gallagher may be out of reach for now if Tuchel is giving him a chance.

I’d rather we tried to get Gilmour than Winks. I think there is more chance Gilmour grows into a much better player. Gallagher is still the dream though. 

I actually think Winks is a better player than most give him credit for - but at present he is a 'middle of the table' type of player. Unfortunately this is the place we currently find ourselves as a club - looking for at least mid table stability for a season or two. 

With Delph out, then we do need at least one proven DM added to the squad. Given out current position, I think this is around about the shop window we are going to be find ourselves in. Fringe player for top4/6 side and been around the England squad/team. Spurs did very well last season with a very good Holberg and Bentancur ahead of Winks.

Unfortunately Allan and his legs are diminishing in the Premier league environment (Lampard and the coaching team didn't seem to want to rely on him in those last few games of the season) - so getting a Winks in might give us the wiggle room to allow us to him to move on.  

As uninspiring as it is, we need to be a bit 'steady Eddie' at the moment with some of our incoming players. For us at the moment, I think it's a bigger risk trying to bring unproven players in to the Premier League.

its not going to be the easiest summer for recruitment for us. 

5 hours ago, RuffRob said:

I actually think Winks is a better player than most give him credit for - but at present he is a 'middle of the table' type of player. Unfortunately this is the place we currently find ourselves as a club - looking for at least mid table stability for a season or two. 

With Delph out, then we do need at least one proven DM added to the squad. Given out current position, I think this is around about the shop window we are going to be find ourselves in. Fringe player for top4/6 side and been around the England squad/team. Spurs did very well last season with a very good Holberg and Bentancur ahead of Winks.

Unfortunately Allan and his legs are diminishing in the Premier league environment (Lampard and the coaching team didn't seem to want to rely on him in those last few games of the season) - so getting a Winks in might give us the wiggle room to allow us to him to move on.  

As uninspiring as it is, we need to be a bit 'steady Eddie' at the moment with some of our incoming players. For us at the moment, I think it's a bigger risk trying to bring unproven players in to the Premier League.

its not going to be the easiest summer for recruitment for us. 

I agree in part, but surely Tom Davies is a better option, unless Winks is competition?

8 hours ago, RuffRob said:

Though I agree Allan’s legs aren’t what they used to be, it’s worth noting that Lampard said he was injured for the last part of the season, which is why he wasn’t starting, but still kept making himself available for selection to help the team if needed. 

Bang average, would not improve us one bit, very negative, sideways and backwards. A fit Davis is a much better prospect, im sure we have better youngsters who need a chance, that was something we used to do well, give youth a chance.

Also, our chairman has just stated he intends to spend more wisely, this would be a good start, by keeping it in his pocket.

The way I look at this is that he is more mobile than Allan and Davies, he is better technically than Doucoure and he is more reliable than Gomes.

He is a bit of a nothing player at this level, but at the same time he doesn't have any glaring weaknesses like the rest of our midfield.

The sad thing is, if he joins he will probably be the first midfielder on the team sheet.

3 hours ago, msloan78 said:

Mate of mine is a Spuds fan. Reckons there's some noise about Richy going for £50m and then us paying £20m to get Winks.

No ta.

I can’t and won’t believe that’s true. We’re stupid but hopefully not that stupid.

• 2 weeks later...

don't believe SSN are now saying we are in for him, my spurs mate cannot stop laughing.

One paced, negative, always back or Sideways, could not tackle a good dinner, could not score in a brothel with a fist full of money.

Have we not learned anything these last 5 years, buying other clubs cast offs who don't get in their own team, for God's sake use some imagination, and try something new.

Try some young upper coming talent from around Europe. not the same kind of shite players we keep going for.