• Lampard
    • Nuno
    • Gattuso
    • Potter
    • Favre
    • Fonseca
    • Kovač

31 minutes ago, Isaiah said:

Of those listed, anyone from Rooney, Lampard, Potter and Martinez would be acceptable to me (voted for Rooney). But honestly, I don't think any of them are turning this ship around unless there are fundamental changes made in how the club is being run. 

This is how I feel. I looked at the list and couldn't get myself to vote, because the names mentioned just make me more depressed. 

If it was the start of the summer or right at the end of the season and we were safe already, I’d vote Potter but as it is, I want Rooney. It may seem bonkers, as Potter is more experienced as a manager, but I think he’d need a longer time to translate his philosophy whereas Rooney would be able to come in and lift and motivate the group quicker - in my opinion of course.

1 hour ago, Isaiah said:

Someone on Twitter suggested Emma Hayes who's just won FIFA'S female coach of the year award with Chelsea Women and one of the replies was "Why not, she's used to taking charge in a dressing room full of fannies." Made me chuckle. 

To be fair, she’s probably way out of our league! She’s used to winning!

8 minutes ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

Dunc end of the season no matter what that means for our future. 

I understand where you’re coming from, but the club can’t take that stance. It’s kamikaze!

The immediate future has to be securing a place in the Premier League for next season. It would be catastrophic for the club to be relegated. 

31 minutes ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

Dunc end of the season no matter what that means for our future. This is a complete rebuild and we have to go all the way down to the foundation. This is the only way to do it. 

21 minutes ago, StevO said:

I understand where you’re coming from, but the club can’t take that stance. It’s kamikaze!

The immediate future has to be securing a place in the Premier League for next season. It would be catastrophic for the club to be relegated. 

We just sacked the manager to try and save us from the relegation we were heading for, not to then go “ah well, it doesn’t actually matter if we go down.”

I don’t think people realise just how fucked we’d be if we got relegated.

23 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

We just sacked the manager to try and save us from the relegation we were heading for, not to then go “ah well, it doesn’t actually matter if we go down.”

I don’t think people realise just how fucked we’d be if we got relegated.

Exactly. We go down, we struggle to get back up, our wage bill (even with relegation wage cuts) absolutely cripples us if we aren’t back the next year, our best players leave, the stadium stops or is built significantly smaller if they are past the point of no return. We would be in serious serious trouble. 

2 hours ago, StevO said:

Exactly. What's the financial impact again? About #75 million, I believe. The right manager is worth the price.

Give Ferguson the next 4-5 winnable games and take some proper time talking to other managers and or a DoF. This give us a good month to talk to others rather than panic buy now and give somebody else a 3 year contract. Ferguson currently knows this collective of players better than anybody at the moment so is actually best placed for the next month in any case. 

If he wins a decent points tally and the team ups the performance, we still have option of him taking us to the end of the season or still bring somebody else in - you never know who becomes available in this time. More likely to get a manager between seasons rather than mid season and also more choice.

8 hours ago, RuffRob said:

Other managers I think are currently not with a team are Farve, Fonseca and Kovac. Not saying I want any of them or if they are looking for a job but might help pad the sad looking list out a bit. 

I don’t know how to edit the poll, maybe @MikeOcould add some of these names to the list?

After the Villa game we don’t have a match until 5th Feb, so just get the Villa game over with and then sort it out. 
If they were to go for Rooney he could see out two more games at Derby and join Everton on 1st Feb, hopefully leaving Derby with another six points and in a much stronger position and with a few million in the coffers to help them get out of further financial trouble. 

I am surprised that Martinez has got 3 votes as people first choice from the list. 

When I read he was somehow favourite I went back in to the archives just to make sure I hadn't dreamt that the team was as bad as I remember it was time. The memories came flooding back, it was horrendous. Baines having to apologies for speaking out, Liverpool having 64 touches in our penalty area to our 3, not to mention 37 shots on goal (rumour was Klopp sent a message out to the player to stop shooting due to the overall embarrassment it was causing), players going to the side lines to try and get some sort of instruction from a manager and this is after near three full seasons to build a team - the list just goes on. His football simply became something terrible to watch and wholly ineffective to boot. I struggle to see any single reason to bring somebody who ultimately failure so badly. 

Having made a final and a semi in the last two tournaments, England have done far better than a higher quality Belgium team during his time as an international manager.  

Potter I think is the only realistic choice on that list - Ferguson / Rooney I dont think are ready for it. Much as I idolise Dunc, I think he does need to go to another lower league club to earn some stripes in management with the goal to come back and manage us in the future. Rooney appointment scares me..... plus if he does a decent job I dont see him knocking back future job offers from other top 6 clubs. We will be his stepping stone again.

My want in the summer was Galtier - I would still like this now as hes doing wonders again in the French league. Difficult to get him now I would think. Plus part of me thinks he may not want to coach in the Prem or certainly may not want to touch us with a barge pole.

42 minutes ago, Cisk said:

Rooney appointment scares me..... plus if he does a decent job I dont see him knocking back future job offers from other top 6 clubs. We will be his stepping stone again.

If he comes in and does a job that is good enough to see the top 6 teams wanting him to go and manage their teams - I would sign him up this minute.

I will worry about who replaces him when the time comes!! 😂.

There would be something a bit magical about an actual Everton fan managing and building a new young team at the club during our last years at Goodison and then going in to a new stadium. He never really did it for us as a player (bring success), maybe he is destine to do it as a manager. This is based on pure romance with nothing factual to back it up!!!