IGNORED

Leeds (Home) 12th February

FairWooney

34 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Id rather he passed it more. I think scoring will just mean he does it more and more when its not exactly high probability! 

Seems Lampard wants players to be comfortable with taking long shots when needed. I'm happy with it, he seems to create a lot for the team as well, if he didn't I might have an issue.

Well they hit the bar twice but we didn't allow them a shot on target.

21 shots, 10 of those on target today. A few we didn't score were clear cut chances too. Incredible performance today. Even Iwobi looked good, but Gordon was incredible, I'm really looking forward to watch him develop, and is slowly becoming our most exciting academy prospect since Barkley.

Fantastic game and result, the last Saturdays have been enjoyable at Goodison. Probably the best first half of football I’ve seen in years, can’t fault one player fir their performance today. The crowd in the first half were immense, players who recently looked shot of all confidence played calm and composed, getting behind them really helped our game.

That first half is perhaps the best I've seen Everton play in a long, long time. What a difference great coaching makes: set piece success, a definite game plan, well organized, bags of confidence, and bringing out the best in peripheral players. Both of the first goals were the result of aggressively winning back the ball. Richarlison winning the corner for the second was particularly impressive.

And while it wasn't as exciting to watch, what brilliant game management in the second half. No team could keep up the pace of the first 45 minutes, but we never once looked threatened. Benitez and Lampard: night and day. The owner may have bailed us out just in time. We wouldn't have won this game with the old guard but would have sat back and let Leeds play.

I've been very very critical of Rondon, but what a goal that would have been if the Leeds keeper hadn't saved so well.