IGNORED

Ifs, buts and Maybes

22 hours ago, StevO said:

It’s starting to feel a step too far now. Leicester on Monday, if we don’t come away with three points I don’t see many opportunities to get out. If we don’t even get one point there I think it’s over. 
I hate being this negative, but I don’t see this team picking up many points. 

It's not negative, just realistic. The teams around us are better equipped to get out of this (they have a goal threat). Plenty of time over the summer to reflect on what to do next. I don't blame Dyche, but he may have to go; the board certainly need to; the precious little quality we have on the field will. So, we will have to start over. I looked through an old scrapbook last night with Everton clippings from the 1970s, the heartbreaking loss to Villa in the old League Cup, the more heartbreaking loss to Liverpool in the 77 FA Cup semi-final; the West Ham semi-final in 1980. We were always nearabouts. then the mid-Eighties where we could do no wrong. We've had decent teams since, had some really good players, without coming anywhere near the glory days again. But looking at the pictures of the players, the history of the club really bore down on me and I felt like I did as a kid when every loss is the end of the world. I don't want to overdramatise things as there are far more important things than football, but it did feel very sad. I guess many, if not all of you, feel the same. Everton runs through you. I would take all of the players in those clippings than the ones we have now. We are a shadow of what we were. Happy days will come again, I'm sure, but not for a while. Till then, I still have my scrapbook, I guess!   

37 minutes ago, MikeO said:

I don't think it's going to be close at all, on the evidence of April we're done.

I agree, after the Fulham defeat last night was a must win for both points and to get some hope and confidence. 

Unfortunately, the very opposite was the case. I can't see us coming back from this, not with us trying to dodge two relegation spots.

The only positive is if we start and maintain the performance like we did against Newcastle for the first 20 minutes or so we could blow lesser quality teams away.. It's up to the players though, 100% and I just can't see this soft group of players putting in that kind of shift - especially in away games.

8 hours ago, Btay said:

The only positive is if we start and maintain the performance like we did against Newcastle for the first 20 minutes or so we could blow lesser quality teams away.. It's up to the players though, 100% and I just can't see this soft group of players putting in that kind of shift - especially in away games.

Oh ye of little faith 😉

Roy has Palace scoring all kinds of goals.  Still SO disheartening that we have only scored 25 in the league this year.  That is TERRIBLE.  Way lower than all clubs in the Championship. Let's hope we do not go there... yikes. Kompany has got Sean's old team to put 82 goals so far this season. Wow. That is the same as Man City. Kind of surprised we are not already adrift at the very bottom.  The fact that there is still a chance to stay up is a (bleep) miracle.  I am dropping bricks as Monday approaches. Do I believe in magic? Unsure but we are certainly going to need a lovin' spoonful.

3 hours ago, plaidharper said:

Roy has Palace scoring all kinds of goals.  Still SO disheartening that we have only scored 25 in the league this year.  That is TERRIBLE.  Way lower than all clubs in the Championship. Let's hope we do not go there... yikes. Kompany has got Sean's old team to put 82 goals so far this season. Wow. That is the same as Man City. Kind of surprised we are not already adrift at the very bottom.  The fact that there is still a chance to stay up is a (bleep) miracle.  I am dropping bricks as Monday approaches. Do I believe in magic? Unsure but we are certainly going to need a lovin' spoonful.

Good grief!  Only three games today.  Those teams have scored half the amount of the goals we have scored allllllll season. Wake me from the nightmare.

Leicester in their last 5 have to play...

Us, Fulham (A), Shite (H), Newcastle (A), West Ham (H)

Forest...

Soton (H), Chelsea (A), Arsenal (H), Palace (A)

Leeds...

Bournemouth (A), Man City (A), Newcastle (H), West Ham (A), Spurs (H)

West Ham could get dragged into it or help us a bit...

Man City (A), Man United (H), Brentford (A), Leeds (H), Leicester (A), Spurs (A)

Plus they have at least 2 Euro games.

It is massively in our hands as I believe we have slightly better remaining fixtures.

We just need to show some bollocks.