IGNORED

Conor Coady

2 hours ago, KinL said:

Well, at least you gave him time to prove himself. 🙄

No I’ve thought for a long time even before he came to us I couldn’t believe he got England caps as I say I hope I’m wrong. it’s nothing to do with his performances for us I will give him time but for me he is no better than Keane 

On 15/08/2022 at 17:11, patto said:

I hope I’m wrong but I don’t think Conor Coady improves us I know he comes across as a nice guy but does he improve us I don’t think he does. 

I know what you're getting at, because I'm not convinced on his ability either. But he definitely improves us by simple virtue of the fact we have another, experienced, option at the back. 

58 minutes ago, Matt said:

I know what you're getting at, because I'm not convinced on his ability either. But he definitely improves us by simple virtue of the fact we have another, experienced, option at the back. 

Yeah I understand we needed the extra body in especially with Mina’s injury record I just don’t think he’s any better than what we have. 
I hope he roves me massively wrong. 

Based solely on the Villa game whilst I was impressed by the way he slotted straight in and organised the back line and works well in the structure we have at the back. 

I was disappointed by how he played out of that structure. If he ever gets isolated he is getting beaten. 

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

Based solely on the Villa game whilst I was impressed by the way he slotted straight in and organised the back line and works well in the structure we have at the back. 

I was disappointed by how he played out of that structure. If he ever gets isolated he is getting beaten. 

You don’t have a scooby do you!

• 3 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, msloan78 said:

Tony Bellew disagrees with the offside...

https://instagram.com/stories/tonybellew/2919196376773584960?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

Sorry... Can't paste the screenshot for some reason.

Some muppet has done a bad mock up of the lines and people are believing it. 
Bellew also posted on Twitter. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Btay said:

Joint second best defence in the league as it stands. Hopefully we get some more bodies back over the break & we can add a bit more precision in the final third.

Bar DCL that is our best starting 11 when you said bodies who else do you see adding more precision who’s injured at the moment ?

4 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Bar DCL that is our best starting 11 when you said bodies who else do you see adding more precision who’s injured at the moment ?

More bodies in general, purely for depth. I’d rather see Godfrey or Holgate ( if his early season form is anything to go by ) on the bench over Keane. Good to have Doucoure back as an option but he will need fitness. Pickford as well. 

Precision will come from the squad gelling together, not necessarily a change in personal. 

6 minutes ago, Btay said:

Precision will come from the squad gelling together, not necessarily a change in personal. 

That’s how I see it the more they get to know each other the better they will get, if I have any slight concerns with the team it would be can we stick away our chances on a regular basis, Gordon, Gray, and Iwobi need to try and hit between 8-10 each this season, with the odd 2-3 goals coming from Coady and Tarkowski from set plays, because neither DCL or Maupay can be considered prolific scorers, the likes of Coady and the rest of the defenders are doing there bit in not conceding goals, we need to improve 0.something goals per game to really kick on. 

You just have to look at the premier league goal difference table to see how much we have improved defensively.

This is something that has impressed me massively and maybe a little unexpectedly with Lampard. He is getting us to become very difficult to score against. Coady is a massive part of this.

Great business to bring him in on loan for 12months, with option to buy in the next financial year. 

14 minutes ago, Palfy said:

That’s how I see it the more they get to know each other the better they will get, if I have any slight concerns with the team it would be can we stick away our chances on a regular basis, Gordon, Gray, and Iwobi need to try and hit between 8-10 each this season, with the odd 2-3 goals coming from Coady and Tarkowski from set plays, because neither DCL or Maupay can be considered prolific scorers, the likes of Coady and the rest of the defenders are doing there bit in not conceding goals, we need to improve 0.something goals per game to really kick on. 

Exactly right mate. It’s promising though that we are starting to look like a team that will win games if we score 1/2 goals. I have no doubts we will sharpen up that aspect through the season. I do think we are still 1 or 2 wingers short in the squad but there’s progression.