IGNORED

Conor Coady

19 minutes ago, Btay said:

Exactly right mate. It’s promising though that we are starting to look like a team that will win games if we score 1/2 goals. I have no doubts we will sharpen up that aspect through the season. I do think we are still 1 or 2 wingers short in the squad but there’s progression.

I think next summer the priority will need to be bringing in a winger who can score 10+ and assist 10+ if we are to push on. As we are though, I’m alright with the three we have at the moment. 

I wasn’t overly impressed with him in a back 3/5 in the first couple of games, however in the past two the pairing with Tarks is looking good, they seem to have a good understanding between them, there was one bit of action yesterday , Coady took a hit off one of the West Ham players ( Antonio I think), Tarks came in and gave him a subtle kick when winning the ball back, it was like a big brother looking after his younger kid, “you pick on him and you’ll have me to deal with” stuff. That’s something I’ve not seen here for ages and was needed, we’ve been too passive.

5 minutes ago, Wiggytop said:

I wasn’t overly impressed with him in a back 3/5 in the first couple of games, however in the past two the pairing with Tarks is looking good, they seem to have a good understanding between them, there was one bit of action yesterday , Coady took a hit off one of the West Ham players ( Antonio I think), Tarks came in and gave him a subtle kick when winning the ball back, it was like a big brother looking after his younger kid, “you pick on him and you’ll have me to deal with” stuff. That’s something I’ve not seen here for ages and was needed, we’ve been too passive.

This. Genuinely wondered what we'd been thinking by signing him after the first couple of games in that formation but since the switch he's looked a hell of a lot better - Wolves should be kicking themselves.

1 hour ago, Wiggytop said:

What I love about Tarkowski is how much of a shithouse he is too, when it was kicking off after the Gueye incident he was straight in there, then when the West Ham players were giving him loads he just laughed it off. 

Not afraid to rustle many a feather.

6 hours ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

What I love about Tarkowski is how much of a shithouse he is too, when it was kicking off after the Gueye incident he was straight in there, then when the West Ham players were giving him loads he just laughed it off. 

Not afraid to rustle many a feather.

Declan rice giving it the big one mafd me laugh till he got his arm slapped away. Helmet. 

1 hour ago, StevO said:

He might be a melty faced prick, but I’d still take him in our team. The lads a proper player. He was kept out of the game by three lads in good form, but we saw last time at Goodison that he can dominate a game on his own. When he gets into a good team we’ll see a top player. 

He is the best player in his position in the league, and he is a pretty good centre back too. If City sign him with the players they have already, the other teams might a well take break from trying to win anything for a decade or so 😱

14 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

In recent weeks, he's not even played for United. Maybe being on their roster is enough.

There's always be favouritism, it's just the way of things. Very rare that an in-form player outside of the established geoup gets a call up, let alone a run out. 

16 hours ago, StevO said:

I hate just how much I like him. If we don’t sign him on a permanent deal I’ll be really disappointed. I never thought I’d say that about him a few months ago. 

He has to swear his elegance to the Blue side of the City and denounce the Red elegance he has before we can consider signing him permanently. Not to much to ask of anyone imo 😂

2 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Nothing they can do about it. Option to buy £12m which we can exercise any time. £12m the highest number I’ve seen mentioned and more realistic. 

It’s not often things go in our favour usually we are paying the price for poor decisions, maybe the club are getting their act together off the pitch as well as on it.