IGNORED

Summer 2023 Transfer Window (The Great Everton Depression)

3 hours ago, Bailey said:

What is the solution though? Limit squad to all contracted players rather than registered?

Ultimately though it is the players decision. Anyone picking Chelsea at the moment knows the score.

Solution would be something like they've done with contracts and payments recently. In my head, it's as simple as having a limit of 25 and that those 25 are your lot. Or limit the amount of loans out as well as in. 

3 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

37 days until the first game of the season, surely we'll see some transfer incomings soon.

Couldn’t agree more. Not just getting deals done but time is needed for new faces to train together and hopefully gel with the squad . The clock is ticking.

1 minute ago, dunlopp9987 said:

I think we need to prepare ourselves for what could be another disastrous summer window. The club is in shambles, the clock is ticking, and I just have this sinking feeling that we're gonna be caught with our pants down when the window shuts

Bold of you to assume we even have pants.

You would have thought that over the years we would be use to our slow start when the transfer windows open, and to a degree that is true. But now the implications of our poor transfer windows has become clear as the main reason we are in the position we are, we have been lucky the last 2 seasons to escape the drop, and when the January transfer window closed and we only managed to make a poor team poorer you wouldn’t be wrong in thinking we were on a suicide mission rather than a survival mission. As supporters we aren’t silly we know if we get this window wrong we won’t survive the drop with what we have this season. And personally I have no confidence we will get this window right, I see nothing that gives me confidence that the club have control of the situation. Those that show concern about this transfer window can’t be accused of just panicking, they are showing real concern because this window will possibly determine if we are PL club in 24/25 season it is definitely this serious that we get this one right. 

I'm not panicking but I agree the board + Thirwell are on a short leash.

Last summer wasn't a bad window - we didn't hit on all the players (Maupay!) but the number was fine and on paper we had filled positions of need (def, mid, wing, striker)

Jan was the most recent window and that was a debacle. You're only as good as your last window so the concern is justified. 

I think our signings need to be absolutely bang on. Every single one of them. It might only be a single one 🙈.

For the past 7-8 years, we've fucked up most of our signings with very few success stories Vs new signings over that time.

We seem to be doing a decent job of getting rid of the 'deadwood'. Although not all by our choice...so I'll hold back credit there now that I've typed it 😂.

The pot is no doubt pretty empty. I'll be a bit more patient but be fuming if we end up waiting beyond the season starting.

However, trust is running at an all time low.