IGNORED

Summer 2023 Transfer Window (The Great Everton Depression)

Every time I see this thread lit up I get myself all excited that they’re maybe some good news, but as usual it’s even more depressing as the post before. Could one of you mods please change the title of this thread to more convey the expectations of a more gloomy picture, then before I open I will see the title and be better prepared for another shite day ahead. Is that too much to ask for 😭😭

• Romey 1878 changed the title to Summer 2023 Transfer Window (The Great Everton Depression)

I just hope they don’t read this thread and bring someone in just for the sake of signing someone.

Lots of dead wood leaving. Making money of players who are nowhere near the first team and won’t improve us this year. 

If we can now work on two or three good signings. Along with the players we have coming back, we should be in a better place. 

It’s nowhere near as bad as the media is making it out to be. But our fans are unfortunately reading to much into it as well.

Deli could be a new player. 
Cannon could be a new player. 
Gomes could be a new player. 
Dom could be a new player. 

Add a few decent signings and we look stronger than last season. 
Yes other teams are making signings, but are they going to make a massive difference to those teams? It happens every year.

23 minutes ago, Shukes said:

I just hope they don’t read this thread and bring someone in just for the sake of signing someone.

Lots of dead wood leaving. Making money of players who are nowhere near the first team and won’t improve us this year. 

If we can now work on two or three good signings. Along with the players we have coming back, we should be in a better place. 

It’s nowhere near as bad as the media is making it out to be. But our fans are unfortunately reading to much into it as well.

Yes other teams are making signings, but are they going to make a massive difference to those teams? It happens every year.

You’re right we need 2-3 decent players not 3-4 average or below, I think most are concerned that A) We haven’t got the funds to finance 2-3 decent players and  B decent players will choose to go elsewhere before here. 

25 minutes ago, Gwlad said:

Given the state we are in, i think they will.

Honestly don’t think the state of our team means that signings other teams make will make more different friend. 
The strength of their signings will dictate that…. Regardless of us.

3 hours ago, Palfy said:

You’re right we need 2-3 decent players not 3-4 average or below, I think most are concerned that A) We haven’t got the funds to finance 2-3 decent players and  B decent players will choose to go elsewhere before here. 

And that is where I am at tbh. I was under no delusions that this offseason would be any different than what it currently is. It sucks, heartbreaking, what other word you want to use, but unfortunately it is just where we are right now as a club.

I don't blame @Boston Toffee for his feelings, it is irritating in so many ways.

All we can do is hope some teams may work with us on paying installments(Bilal Toure) and/or some good loans which I think there are some to be had out there as @AlbanyNYToffee put forth.

Young is not a glamour signing, but an ok start.

5 hours ago, Shukes said:

Im with you on this until you got to the Dele/Gomes bit! 🤣

On 12/07/2023 at 15:36, AlbanyNYToffee said:

IN: 
OUT: Nkounkou, Simms, Samuels-Smith
LOAN IN: 
LOAN OUT: Tyrer
CONTRACT RENEWED/EXTENDED: Seamus, Lonergan, J Virginia

YOUTH CONTRACTS: Sherif, Jones, Barker, Tierney, Heath, Butler, Djankpata

Out of contract: Begovic, Mina, Davies, Townsend
Returned to parent club: Coady, Vinagre

Things would sound more positive if you list players who've returned from loan:

• Cannon
  • Dobbin
  • Branthwaite
  • Warrington
  • Onyango

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

26 days until the PL returns and we've brought in a 38 year old squad player.

I'm not worried, honest.

It’s crazy but not unexpected from Everton. Compounding issue is we have in theory an easy ish start to the season and yet we’ll either still not made the purchases or they’re just in through the door and Dyche wouldn’t have had time to bed them in.