IGNORED

Summer 2023 Transfer Window (The Great Everton Depression)

5 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Baz from ToffeeTV thinks we'll make a signing in the coming week.

If we do I could only see it being a free agent and even then we are more than capable of dragging that out until no one even cares anymore.

Rodrigo and Maitland-Niles will be our first 2 signings. One to make you happy, one to wind you up.

I was with those hoping that our slow summer was due to fiscal year end etc.  Now that's not looking the case I'm getting worried.  Pre-season starts this weak.  We haven't got anything that even resembles a proper squad.  Absolutely need fresh faces in the door immediatley. 

Ishe Samuels Smith is off to Chelsea for near £4m. 17 year old left back and supposedly a top prospect but that could be an important £4m in the short term I suppose. Warrington and Simms also available to raise funds according to The Bobble. This is the reality of the state we’re in.

2 hours ago, c1982 said:

Ishe Samuels Smith is off to Chelsea for near £4m. 17 year old left back and supposedly a top prospect but that could be an important £4m in the short term I suppose. Warrington and Simms also available to raise funds according to The Bobble. This is the reality of the state we’re in.

I'll be pissed off about Warrington because I think he's more than capable of replacing what Davies brought to the squad, and for nothing. Now we'll either not replace or have to buy to do it. Ridiculous.

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

I'll be pissed off about Warrington because I think he's more than capable of replacing what Davies brought to the squad, and for nothing. Now we'll either not replace or have to buy to do it. Ridiculous.

I thought that about Warrington too. Seemed natural progression for the player and the club.

8 hours ago, c1982 said:

Its all a bit sickening really. Not only can the so called big clubs pay the biggest fees and wages for the worlds best established players, but they want to hover up the best young talent in the country. He will be farmed out on loan and most likely sold for a nice massive profit in a couple of years time. Will have turned out a bargain if he manages to get in their first team. 

It seems to be the world we living, where heads are easily turned by glamour of the big name clubs.

We have not help ourselves by becoming a unfashionable club and run in a shambolic manner. can't keep hold of the talented youth we already have at the club.

38 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

Its all a bit sickening really. Not only can the so called big clubs pay the biggest fees and wages for the worlds best established players, but they want to hover up the best young talent in the country. He will be farmed out on loan and most likely sold for a nice massive profit in a couple of years time. Will have turned out a bargain if he manages to get in their first team. 

It seems to be the world we living, where heads are easily turned by glamour of the big name clubs.

We have not help ourselves by becoming a unfashionable club and run in a shambolic manner. can't keep hold of the talented youth we already have at the club.

That's been the model for 20 years, but I agree it's disgusting