IGNORED

Carlo Ancelotti

14 minutes ago, StevO said:

Even if we win tomorrow I still see no reason to give it to Duncan. If we do win, we’ll probably get a result against Arsenal too. But going into January we can’t have a temporary manager in charge, the team needs to be strengthened. 

Brands can still strengthen the team especially if it’s true he already has a manager lined up, there would be nothing that could stop communication between them behind the scenes. 

The reason I'm against Ancelotti's appointment is first because he's a nomad. He changes clubs every two seasons and I'm fed up with managerial changes. I wish we find someone who's gonna be successful and will build a platform for future development here, and that's unlikely to be done in couple of seasons. Second, Carlo is a lucky bastard. Yeah, he won plenty, but he only manages teams that are at the top of their game. The only team that somewhat differs from that criteria is Napoli, who just fired him because of bad results. I fear Everton will prove difficult job for him right now.

20 minutes ago, Haiku said:

The reason I'm against Ancelotti's appointment is first because he's a nomad. He changes clubs every two seasons and I'm fed up with managerial changes. I wish we find someone who's gonna be successful and will build a platform for future development here, and that's unlikely to be done in couple of seasons. Second, Carlo is a lucky bastard. Yeah, he won plenty, but he only manages teams that are at the top of their game. The only team that somewhat differs from that criteria is Napoli, who just fired him because of bad results. I fear Everton will prove difficult job for him right now.

If he’s lucky for 2 seasons, I’d take that as a good stepping stone in the right direction. 

only two other managers have won as many CL titles as he has. That’s not a bad manager to bring in. 

I genuinely don't think he's great tactician, nor great developer like Pochettino for example. Perhaps he's good motivator and knows how to play on his streghts. Yeah Zidane has won 3 CL titles, do you believe he's a top manager? I don't. Di Matteo has won it once, where is he now? In my opinion Ancelotti is a good driver, who given a fast car just goes and wins the race. Ultimately if given a bad car, he won't excel. Fortunately for him he never drove a bad car, just a sub-par one recently and he didn't deliver. But of course, this is just my opinion.

4 minutes ago, Haiku said:

I genuinely don't think he's great tactician, nor great developer like Pochettino for example. Perhaps he's good motivator and knows how to play on his streghts. Yeah Zidane has won 3 CL titles, do you believe he's a top manager? I don't. Di Matteo has won it once, where is he now? In my opinion Ancelotti is a good driver, who given a fast car just goes and wins the race. Ultimately when given a bad car, he won't excel. Fortunately for him he never drove a bad car, just a sub-par one recently and he didn't deliver. But of course, this is just my opinion.

I understand what you mean mate, but our car is much better than it seems and a competent driver could be just what we need. I also expect that if he comes, it’ll be with the promise of another big transfer budget and, with his name and success, we might actually attract the bigger players we need to upgrade to racing car level

31 minutes ago, Haiku said:

9 minutes ago, Matt said:

If he’s lucky for 2 seasons, I’d take that as a good stepping stone in the right direction. 

only two other managers have won as many CL titles as he has. That’s not a bad manager to bring in. 

You have both made good points, but I’m inclined to agree that this maybe a step to far for him, because of the rebuilding involved he usually takes over teams that are nearly complete and gets them playing better. 

21 minutes ago, Matt said:

I understand what you mean mate, but our car is much better than it seems and a competent driver could be just what we need. I also expect that if he comes, it’ll be with the promise of another big transfer budget and, with his name and success, we might actually attract the bigger players we need to upgrade to racing car level

Personally I still think we are a bit of a clapped up banger with a couple of go faster stripes and a spoiler. 

4 minutes ago, Aussie Blue Nose said:

I cant understand all this philosophical jargon Matt

All I know is that if we win at Old Trafford tomorrow. Big Dunc gets to keep the job until May !!! 

Analogies mate, basically I think CA could get a lot more out of this team which should be doing better than it has been. 

2 wins doesn’t give him the job for me. It just buys the powers some more time to work out what they want / what’s best for the club. 

welcome by the way :) 

2 hours ago, Haiku said:

I genuinely don't think he's great tactician, nor great developer like Pochettino for example. Perhaps he's good motivator and knows how to play on his streghts. Yeah Zidane has won 3 CL titles, do you believe he's a top manager? I don't. Di Matteo has won it once, where is he now? In my opinion Ancelotti is a good driver, who given a fast car just goes and wins the race. Ultimately if given a bad car, he won't excel. Fortunately for him he never drove a bad car, just a sub-par one recently and he didn't deliver. But of course, this is just my opinion.

I also understand what you mean.  So many articles claim Ancelotti has a "light touch" which is probably a reference to the Bayern players doing additional training on their own as they felt it wasn't enough under Carlo.  So maybe it is more about the staff with Ancelotti?  If it is just full of relatives (which has happened before) then maybe no? But if it is a competent staff that will push the players during training (Dunc? Someone new?) then maybe yes?

On 13/12/2019 at 02:35, MikeO said:

I love this !!!! I can feel the hairs on the back of my neck rising

It's all about passion for our beloved blues.

I was born in Everton, spent a lot of time in the "Boys Pen" under the clock

The Golden Vision was my hero, I want to see a Blue Nose in charge

Come on Dunc , Give all you've got. Oh how I cherish days gone by.......

14 hours ago, Aussie Blue Nose said:

I love this !!!! I can feel the hairs on the back of my neck rising

It's all about passion for our beloved blues.

I was born in Everton, spent a lot of time in the "Boys Pen" under the clock

The Golden Vision was my hero, I want to see a Blue Nose in charge

Come on Dunc , Give all you've got. Oh how I cherish days gone by.......

But passion can carry you only so far. As a short-term shot in the arm, it’s great. For long-term success, though, it alone doesn’t get you very far. 

I can understand people wanting Silva to carry on a couple of weeks or so ago, but I don’t understand why people wanted Ferguson out of the club some weeks ago. 
He’s always been a passionate Evertonian and wanted the best for the club, and the last 3 years have not been down to him, he never picked the team or tactics.