IGNORED

Kevin Mirallas

• 1 month later...

He looked angry when substituted out at 75' in first Split match. Tore off some wrist tape, something, stormed down tunnel, or maybe to bench. Maybe he and Koeman went at it in the dressing room or later privately.

I think whatevers happened was before Thursday and Mirallas was letting the frustration show. Wouldn't be surprised if the club told him he'd play a big role this season, and then he's not found himself in the bench. Unused at City and only got the last 10 mins against Stoke.

I think whatevers happened was before Thursday and Mirallas was letting the frustration show. Wouldn't be surprised if the club told him he'd play a big role this season, and then he's not found himself in the bench. Unused at City and only got the last 10 mins against Stoke.

Yeah, this makes sense. So maybe the last straw was being taken off in the Split match, even though he did start and played 75 min.

But he did naff all in the Split match??? So he deserved to go off.

But this is the Kev we've known for a few years here. He has the talent, he seems like a popular lad but unfortunately he is so hit and miss that he becomes a liability to play as you've no idea what you'll get. It must be frustrating for managers to deal with.

He's not dead wood, but he's also not a player to keep if we want to keep moving forward. He'd shine in a mid table team where he was the star and played every game.

Been a bench player for a while that's why I was surprised he signed a new contract. If he thought he was magically a starter after a new contract he's an idiot. We spent 150m, he's still a bench player.

On the other hand he strikes me as the flashy type (from previous club vids) and we can pay a lot more than lower sides or leagues.

Koeman can be a right arse at times. even he must see we needed Kev today.

He'd have been as ineffective as he has been for a long while now, would've made absolutely no difference having him on the pitch today; bemused as to why he got a new contract myself, unless it's so we can get a few £ when we move him on.

Any type of flair or pace has been taken out of the team and replaced with hardworking players. Unless we bring more in I don't like the look of the squad and how we are playing

I have to agree with you here. I prefer hard-work over flair most days of the week, but you need at least a couple of those silky players in the squad to unlock tight defenses.

That said, Kevin isn't the most consistent player; he was a different kind of threat on his day though. We desperately need another winger.