IGNORED

Mason Holgate

c1982

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

i've always rated him and have been on record many times saying he would be better than stones.  the funny thing is people wanted rid of him last year and the year before.  another martinez signing that's comes good.

we don't need the keane replacement, we already have it in Mason.  Keane can be the bench guy.

I for one didn’t think and still don’t think he will make it in the PL as a CH, for me he’s not strong enough and gets bullied far too easy by strikers, but as a DM he looks like he may have found the perfect position for his talents. 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

I for one didn’t think and still don’t think he will make it in the PL as a CH, for me he’s not strong enough and gets bullied far too easy by strikers, but as a DM he looks like he may have found the perfect position for his talents. 

If that’s a taster in his first game in that postition then wow 

23 minutes ago, Shukes said:

He’s already made it as a PL centre half though. 

He has played in the PL as a CH, but I don’t think he’s made the position his own, Everton will by 1 or 2 CH in the next couple of windows and he will lose his place in the team, that is my opinion and I don’t think any manager coming in will see him as a first choice CH. 

• 5 weeks later...
10 hours ago, TallPaul1878 said:

No no no. England call ups are always followed with a massive drop in form or injuries.

Yes yes yes, just the fact that he has been considered for the England squad will in prove his confidence no end, and we as a club will benefit from that. 
That is his reward for playing well and that it hasn’t gone unnoticed will confirm to him he’s doing the right things, I’m made up for him. 

9 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

If we want to keep our best players and attract other top players we have to show that they can achieve their ambitions at this club, and that most definitely includes players getting international recognition 

While I understand fans' reservations about international call-ups I equally find it fucking baffling. International football is what players want, and while we can't offer European football we need our players getting international recognition especially.