IGNORED

Bernard

5 hours ago, Palfy said:

I wasn’t comparing players against Bernard as it was his column I was highlighting what a waste of money he’s been, and drain on the clubs FFP stats. But just to add to your comparison between him and Iwobi Bernard made 18 appearances 20/21 and Iwobi 40 so value for money even with fees falls in Iwobi’s direction, I would expect if I looked at minutes played it would even go further in Iwobi’s favour, but like I said my post was that Bernard has been an expensive mistake unless we can recoup his wages. 

Value for money only comes if they add value to the team and perform, doesn’t matter who it is.

8 hours ago, StevO said:

My point was that even if Bernard is considered a mistake, he’s not been an expensive one. He’s been cheap compared to half the squad. The likes of Iwobi costing almost double per week and Gylfi costing almost triple per week, both of whom have frustrated the life out of fans with poor performances. They may have played more minutes but not exactly productive for the money. 

So you don’t consider Bernard an expensive mistake, ok fair enough let’s go with he’s been value for money if that suits you more. I’m guessing that you are not a buyer in the company you work for 😉

6 hours ago, Wiggytop said:

Value for money only comes if they add value to the team and perform, doesn’t matter who it is.

I know that but that doesn’t make Bernard an inexpensive mistake does it. A cunt isn’t less of a cunt just because you think you know a bigger cunt at the end there all cunts. 

16 minutes ago, Palfy said:

So you don’t consider Bernard an expensive mistake, ok fair enough let’s go with he’s been value for money if that suits you more. I’m guessing that you are not a buyer in the company you work for 😉

If Bernard is an expensive mistake then so are the vast majority of the team. You’re just looking at his expensive wages, but transfer fees have to be taken into account as they are still in the accounts. As he costs the club half of what Iwobi does, half of Tosun, a third of Gylfi, half of what Walcott and Bolasie were costing us until they left recently, a third of Mina, half of Gomes, half of Keane, half of Kean, there are plenty of other expensive mistakes out there. 
I wouldn’t call him good value for money, but as we’ve paid very little he’s been little risk. 

I actually am a buyer in part of my job yeah, it’s been a nightmare for the last 18 months. So many of our costs have tripled, but can’t do much about it. Your company must be doing everything on the cheap. 😉

1 minute ago, StevO said:

actually am a buyer in part of my job yeah, it’s been a nightmare for the last 18 months. So many of our costs have tripled, but can’t do much about it. Your company must be doing everything on the cheap. 😉

Honestly I never knew, my labour rates have remained fairly static in the last 18 months, but a completely different story when it comes to materials in the last 6-8 months, and because I’m in fixed term contracts on all my jobs it’s really starting to hit my bottom line. 
Yes I do think Bernard is an expensive mistake unless we can recoup his wages of 21 million and yes unfortunately there are plenty more, but who to blame for that is a different story. 
And I’m not going shopping with you Ste I couldn’t afford it 😂

16 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Honestly I never knew, my labour rates have remained fairly static in the last 18 months, but a completely different story when it comes to materials in the last 6-8 months, and because I’m in fixed term contracts on all my jobs it’s really starting to hit my bottom line. 
Yes I do think Bernard is an expensive mistake unless we can recoup his wages of 21 million and yes unfortunately there are plenty more, but who to blame for that is a different story. 
And I’m not going shopping with you Ste I couldn’t afford it 😂

If you’ve kept your rates low I might have to give you a shout 😂

On 17/07/2021 at 17:19, Palfy said:

I think a buyer picking up something for free, seeing if it works then selling it on to recoup some/all of the costs, potentially make a profit, would be considered very good at their job. 

49 minutes ago, Sibdane said:

It just really hasn't worked out for him here, has it? I was really excited when we first got him, but he never fully kicked on. Good luck to him, wherever he ends up. 

Good player and one of the few we’ve had lately that can really create problems for the opposition on his own. Always gonna be limited by his size though both defensively and in attack. Wouldn’t surprise me if he does very well in a less physical league.

8 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

Good luck to him. As others have mentioned, he just missed that physicality needed in the Premiership.

Middle of his farewell message is unusual - I wonder what all that is about.

He had some mental health issues and I think he got a bit of stick on social media about it. 

Weird move to the UAE in the middle of his career (28 years old) - either they're the only ones that'll take on his wages or hopefully they're paying him several multiples of what he could earn in another competitive league... Have to think he would alright for himself in Spain or France.