IGNORED

Bernard

I'm hoping Bernard hasn't gone anywhere.

He is at times a quality player for us, a bit lightweight but works really hard, has some good skills and importantly can do a job on both wings and in the middle.

He might not be happy at being on the bench but we can't afford to let him go right now.

• 1 month later...

Wonder with Sigurdsson and Gomes struggling to find form if we could implement him into a kind of 4231? 

Doucoure Allan 

James Bernard Richarlison 

DCL

Not sure of how it would work tactically, but he seems more comfortable in the centre and he seems to do better than Gomes and Siggy when he plays. 

Bernard played well last game, but it seems he’ll never be a 90 minute player. I’d love to see that line up though, because even with his faults, he’s a little terrier and having him centrally allows him to link up with 5 players (Coleman, James, DCL, Digne and Richarlison) meaning he never had to be on the ball long whilst have defensive cover of Allan and Doucoure

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I'd sell him now for the rumoured £10m if we have a replacement, if we don't then definitely not.

I hope we do sell for £10m - the fee and high wages off the books makes business sense for a bit part player. I do wonder if the timing of Odegaard asking for a loan - someone who Ancelotti bought and trained with the Real 1st team (at the age of 15) - may create an opportunity for us. He did well enough for Real to cut short his 2 year loan deal this summer but he’s found himself out of the 1st team again.

2 minutes ago, c1982 said:

I hope we do sell for £10m - the fee and high wages off the books makes business sense for a bit part player. I do wonder if the timing of Odegaard asking for a loan - someone who Ancelotti bought and trained with the Real 1st team (at the age of 15) - may create an opportunity for us. He did well enough for Real to cut short his 2 year loan deal this summer but he’s found himself out of the 1st team again.

Would take Odegaard in a heartbeat. Was phenomenal for Sociedad last season and would be a fantastic creative option to have come off the bench or push for a place in the XI

14 minutes ago, c1982 said:

Now we talking!  Odegaard?  Hell yes

2 hours ago, c1982 said:

Like I say, if we replace him I’m all for it. That’s a very decent fee for him and, like you say, it’s big wages off the books as well. 

20 hours ago, c1982 said:

Arsenal have made an approach for Odegaard tonight.