IGNORED

John Stones

Roberto just emphasising in his post match interview that Stones is not at all for sale and that in football money cannot buy you everything and you have to have a set of values.

Loved that.

getting teary eyed at work reading this. i really hope we can hold onto him, thank you RM for having some balls. I will rescind my "martinez out" and change to "you can stay"

Seeing the posts regarding RM's post match comments on Stones. I just noticed this on the feed on the OS:

Everton says:

Roberto Martinez confirms he will reject John Stones's transfer request in the morning. 'Today was a match day, the game was more important'

Disgraceful how the media have handled this in particular Sky of late absolute wankers

You could tell the whole situation has Martinez riled and rightly so I just hope the board don't go against his media stance on it and put him in the firing line as he genuinely looks drained by it all

Keep Stones and back the man now in the market show you've got some balls and back it up and the manager by strengthening the side if we did that it would make a real statement

Guest rusty747

Disgraceful how the media have handled this in particular Sky of late absolute wankers

You could tell the whole situation has Martinez riled and rightly so I just hope the board don't go against his media stance on it and put him in the firing line as he genuinely looks drained by it all

Keep Stones and back the man now in the market show you've got some balls and back it up and the manager by strengthening the side if we did that it would make a real statement

Absolutely spot on. This is where Everton either take their place amongst the big boys or accept mid table obscurity. This next week is one of the most important times in recent Everton history and will define the next ten years. Big statement but I mean every word. Edited by rusty747

Really hope he follows that through. Stay tough Roberto.

On the one hand, if all this transfer request stuff is true, I think John showed what a pro and an honest lad he is tonight. He still put a shift in where many others would have tried to get out of playing and not put themselves in the firing line.

Big respect for him.

Really hope he follows that through. Stay tough Roberto.

On the one hand, if all this transfer request stuff is true, I think John showed what a pro and an honest lad he is tonight. He still put a shift in where many others would have tried to get out of playing and not put themselves in the firing line.

Big respect for him.

Even jumped for joy about it - just at an inopportune moment.

Reading stuff on Twitter about the team bus turning up at some services and players being surrounded by fans.

Stones was obviously present and the fans were asking him questions, some suggested they knew the board had forced his hand with the transfer request and he burst into tears.

Naismith was near, put his arm round him and walked him back to the bus, telling fans "he's (John) not allowed to say anything."

Apparently he was inconsolable.

Hated reading that :(

His head must be mush at the minute. Glad 99% of the people at the game tonight were behind him.

Reading stuff on Twitter about the team bus turning up at some services and players being surrounded by fans.

Stones was obviously present and the fans were asking him questions, some suggested they knew the board had forced his hand with the transfer request and he burst into tears.

Naismith was near, put his arm round him and walked him back to the bus, telling fans "he's (John) not allowed to say anything."

His head must be mush at the minute. Glad 99% of the people at the game tonight were behind him.

He's a young lad, and a decent lad by all accounts. With all the headlines and the speculations and rumours and tweets and lawyers telling you what you can and cannot say and your agent breathing down your neck to make money and then having a bit of a bad game early on... Yes, I really feel sorry for the guy. Words hurt. Not everyone is Mr. Macho-man inside, and we shouldn't be putting young people through something like this. Your story put a dose of reality on things.

I've been irritated by some of the aggressive and/or negative things people post on here, and I'm sure other Everton forums are worse. We're armchair warriors, right? So easy to type and create an image. But for young players, accusations and diatribes are real and hurtful. Just imagine how these guys must feel if they or their families actually browse through forums themselves. Sometimes it must be devastating at a personal level. Just imagine if our own son or brother faced such pressure. Would it be fair? How would they cope? There's no shame in getting upset.

Edited by Cornish Steve

Posted a video in the Barnsley thread of an Everton "supporter" yelling at Stones and calling him a "rat" as he left the pitch tonight.

The pressure this kid (and he is a kid) is under from the media and the fans is so fucked up. I hope the club comes out with a statement, with the aim of deflecting attention away from Stones.

He's staying and that is that. Why would Everton reject the request if the board "allegedly" asked him to submit one? He played like crap for a lot of today's game and we saw how much he still has to grow. He needs to pick himself up from here, play as great as we know he is capable of doing en route to the euros and after the season, the club will evaluate his status in the club.

As long as he is wearing our blue kit, he will have my 100% backing (and criticism just like any other player). COYB.

Didnt catch the Barnsley game, but seen the video of the goal where he "skips" over the ball, infering hes trying to rock the boat. Was there anything in that? I think the social media landscape with twitter and shit tends to blow things out of proportion, but I didnt actually see it live.

If there's any truth in that there's no way he can play at the weekend.

I feel sorry for him for the way some idiots are treating him but im glad that he is staying. (I never doubted it lol) If Chelsea really want him they will have to do a lot better than 40 + 5 mil.

Now lets buy another central defender (back up) and ease Mori into the role over the next few months before we cash in on Stones and buy Neymar.

Ten I'm a real doubting Thomas so I find this hard to believe.

First off I can't imagine the coach stopping at a service station when it's only a 90 mile trip.

And it's so late also.

It sounds a bit far fetched and blue union type proper gander.

Take a look at @Jacob_1878's Tweet: https://twitter.com/Jacob_1878/status/636681175088672768?s=09

His next tweet...

Take a look at @Jacob_1878's Tweet: https://twitter.com/Jacob_1878/status/636681414440845314?s=09

I don't agree with this but this is his mate...

Take a look at @Andy1878_'s Tweet: https://twitter.com/Andy1878_/status/636681831270760448?s=09

Another source of info...

Take a look at @SOS1878's Tweet: https://twitter.com/SOS1878/status/636684213333454849?s=09

looks like it was before the game still nothing conclusive for me.

Still don't go with the banners and shit like that.

And the transfer request why would we tell him to that then say no.

You mean, before the game when it was still light outside?

Its pretty dark. Which implies later.

They were just a couple of examples, there's more reports of it.

Don't have to believe it, happy to share with people, ad I thought it relevant.

It was after the match. There's several supporters who were there.

This kid posted a video of him walking away and Naismith going after him:

Prior to posting it, he also mentioned that he and other fans were saying "don't leave" and singing before he walked away crying, followed by Naisy who said "leave him" and told fans to "not put pressure on him."