IGNORED

Michael Keane

On 19/09/2019 at 20:01, Bailey said:

He isn't a bad player but I don't think he is a good one either. I do think he has too many deficiencies to be a top centre half. He is a bit of a plodder, he isn't very strong, he isn't aggressive enough, he isn't very agile and he gets caught ball watching too often. 

I actually think Silva has done a bloody good job to get him into the form he did last season. 

He's Terrible. He's always been terrible.

12 hours ago, Bailey said:

Having a bit of a nightmare for England again tonight. Doubt we will see him in the second game.

Him and Maguire didn't play well at all. Both got ripped to shreds.

England as a whole were shite like. I watched that to try and get away from shit football but it was like watching us!

9 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Him and Maguire didn't play well at all. Both got ripped to shreds.

England as a whole were shite like. I watched that to try and get away from shit football but it was like watching us!

Yeh they were both poor. Not for the first time this season, Maguire seems to be reluctant to close down the man on the ball. The Longstaff goal against Utd and the second last night.

They were very poor. I thought Kane, Sterling and Pickford were decent, unusually for the former, but the rest were awful. Keane laid into Rose post match but he was spot on. Rice and Henderson taking turns to hide from the ball in midfield as well. Surprisingly Barkley came on and looked like he had a point to prove.

As a final thought, I am also not sure Sancho is that good.

3 hours ago, Finn balor said:

England won’t win anything with that defence. Thought Keane was at fault for the first goal. 

I agree with the first bit, or midfield for that matter.

In respect of the goals, I thought a few players played a part in both goals. In respect of Keane he just goes to sleep for the first and then the second he follows the already tracked runner and leaves his man who ends up scoring. They are split second decisions but he is getting them wrong at the moment.

6 hours ago, barryj said:

Dropped unsurprisingly.

6 hours ago, MikeO said:

Hope he doesn't drop his head as a result, completely the right decision though.

Southgate made quite a few changes and I believe he would have likely made them regardless of the previous result.

Either way, he's dipping in form and needs to sort himself out before he turns back into 'that' player.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, Wiggytop said:

Can’t be with us much longer after the horror show of his short appearance yesterday, totally underwhelming, highlighted when he kicked the ball out for a corner when he didn’t need to tough it.

He looks completely lost.  

Seen too many up and downs with him now. Can't be trusted.  Mina isn't exactly 100% reliable but nothing like this lad.

We badly need a leader in centre half. 

7 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Because of Ancelotti and the money. 

Over winning trophies domestically and in Europe with other teams that can offer him as much money. 

Personally I would worry about a player like that coming for the money. When you are one of the best players in Europe in a weak position, why join a side that can't even make the top 10 in their league every season.

1 minute ago, Bailey said:

Over winning trophies domestically and in Europe with other teams that can offer him as much money. 

Personally I would worry about a player like that coming for the money. When you are one of the best players in Europe in a weak position, why join a side that can't even make the top 10 in their league every season.

Well the team he joined now aren’t really pushing the boat out, and to say you’d worry about players coming for the money, you must have a lot of sleepless nights because there agents make sure it’s about the money. 
If we can’t attract better players then what’s the point of paying Ancelotti between 9-11 million a year to fail with what we’ve got. 

8 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Well the team he joined now aren’t really pushing the boat out, and to say you’d worry about players coming for the money, you must have a lot of sleepless nights because there agents make sure it’s about the money. 
If we can’t attract better players then what’s the point of paying Ancelotti between 9-11 million a year to fail with what we’ve got. 

Obviously money is going to be a big part of most moves but a lot of the better player we have signed have come here with a point to prove. 

The whole point of getting Brands on board to start with is that we identify players on the way up rather than the finished article. Mainly because the latter costs a lot more than the former and is no guarentee of success. 

We sacked Silva because we believed other managers could do better with the players at his disposal, otherwise what was the point? I am sure Ancellotti will be a big part in players coming here but we aren't now suddenly going to be attracting the best players in the prime of their career until we start showing more potential. 

29 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Obviously money is going to be a big part of most moves but a lot of the better player we have signed have come here with a point to prove. 

The whole point of getting Brands on board to start with is that we identify players on the way up rather than the finished article. Mainly because the latter costs a lot more than the former and is no guarentee of success. 

We sacked Silva because we believed other managers could do better with the players at his disposal, otherwise what was the point? I am sure Ancellotti will be a big part in players coming here but we aren't now suddenly going to be attracting the best players in the prime of their career until we start showing more potential. 

Well let’s wait and see, but personally I can see a lot of money being spent in the next 5 months, and it won’t be on mediocre players with Ancelotti being expected to turn them into decent players, he will be buying decent players who can come in and deliver what he wants straight away, I don’t think he’s come here just for the challenge he’s come here after been given promises in the lead up to accepting the job. 

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

Well let’s wait and see, but personally I can see a lot of money being spent in the next 5 months, and it won’t be on mediocre players with Ancelotti being expected to turn them into decent players, he will be buying decent players who can come in and deliver what he wants straight away, I don’t think he’s come here just for the challenge he’s come here after been given promises in the lead up to accepting the job. 

You might be right but if so that is a risky strategy because there is no guarentee that we can attract these good players given where we are at the moment.