IGNORED

Michael Keane

6 minutes ago, Matt said:

The moment he shows some consistency being good rather than crap, I’ll happily hold my hands up. Difference with Keane is that he always looked like he could be a top quality defender. Mina always looks like a liability. 

I’ve actually not got such an issue with Mina. I can see him being a bit unorthodox but I don’t mind him. Keane, Zouma, Mina, Holgate - good depth, great ages and good mix of play styles.

2 hours ago, Btay said:

I’ve actually not got such an issue with Mina. I can see him being a bit unorthodox but I don’t mind him. Keane, Zouma, Mina, Holgate - good depth, great ages and good mix of play styles.

He’s just very handsy and awkward with his movements, a bit like Felli was. In midfield it’s less of an issue but in and around our box it scares the crap out of me. I’m not writing him off by any means, he just makes me very nervous anytime he’s near the ball. 

5 hours ago, Btay said:

I’m the same.  He’s going to have all summer and I hope he’s cemented that starting spot and just bosses it next year.  

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

Just want to say how well Keane is doing for us. He had a few people on his back but he has become a real leader at the back and his game has improved so much. Well done keano keep it up 

I was one and when I did I still believe it was warranted, but your right he has massively improved in the year, you can see the confidence in his play a lot of credit to Silva as well..

• 4 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Just got to see Kosovo’s goal (I missed theirs and our first) and Keane had a right ‘mare! 

Made up for it by assisting the equaliser though, so his confidence shouldn’t be too dented. 

Speaking of England, that Jadon Sancho is quite the player. I'm also starting to think that Sterling is by far the best player for England. He's come leaps and bounds since moving to City.

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

Just got to see Kosovo’s goal (I missed theirs and our first) and Keane had a right ‘mare! 

Made up for it by assisting the equaliser though, so his confidence shouldn’t be too dented. 

A poor ball from Rice dropped him in it initially, either way, good to see him keep his head and got a direct assist and secondary assist.

I like the lad, he had a poor start to his career with us due to foot injury and infection, came though that and was solid for the last half of the season alongside Zouma. Has the change of partner knocked his confidence, he seems to be a player that suffers if he is lacking self confidence, and is that having a knock on effect on the players around him. If that is the case, a good game at the weekend is needed to get him heading in the right direction again.

He isn't a bad player but I don't think he is a good one either. I do think he has too many deficiencies to be a top centre half. He is a bit of a plodder, he isn't very strong, he isn't aggressive enough, he isn't very agile and he gets caught ball watching too often. 

I actually think Silva has done a bloody good job to get him into the form he did last season. 

• 4 weeks later...