IGNORED

Michael Keane

9 minutes ago, Bailey said:

With all due respect, I think you say that as an Everton fan. I would imagine most neutrals would laugh at you.

I specifically said as a neutral. Not as an Evertonian. Couldn’t care less if others didn’t agree, the logic is sound. 

13 minutes ago, Bailey said:

With all due respect, I think you say that as an Everton fan. I would imagine most neutrals would laugh at you.

agreed.  not to mention, the FFP ceiling for those clubs is way higher than ours, so even if they have shit players you have loads of money to spend.  with us you can't because of FFP our revenue is low so we either need a bumper sponsorship deal (not happneing sportspesa agreement is still under contract) or some magical sales staff who gets tons of smaller donors to pony up big.  probably not going to happen.  

Gab marcotti wrote about this saying farhad can't do a man city and just buy the title with FFP now, it will have to be a slow progression.  so i'm with bailey, arse and united still the better/easier gig.

46 minutes ago, Bailey said:

We are a big club but in the modern era,  Utd and Arsenal are bigger... far bigger in fact. 

Not only is their history much more recent but they have also been more successful recently (even if they are going backwards - yet still ahead of us in the league this year and last). 

Do you disagree with that?

I don’t disagree no.

But we DO have a plan and a clear project. 
Those other two, don’t seem to have one. We have a real chance of closing the gap on the top teams, and out management and chairmen should be selling this to potential players.

Lets face it, someone sold it to Ancelotti didn’t they? Or do you think he is just after a pay check. 

17 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

agreed.  not to mention, the FFP ceiling for those clubs is way higher than ours, so even if they have shit players you have loads of money to spend.  with us you can't because of FFP our revenue is low so we either need a bumper sponsorship deal (not happneing sportspesa agreement is still under contract) or some magical sales staff who gets tons of smaller donors to pony up big.  probably not going to happen.  

Gab marcotti wrote about this saying farhad can't do a man city and just buy the title with FFP now, it will have to be a slow progression.  so i'm with bailey, arse and united still the better/easier gig.

The amount of money to spend is largely irrelevant for a manager unless he gets a say. United have Woodward, who has largely failed in his attempts despite spending stupid money and Arsenal, when they have splashed cash, haven’t exactly done it sensibly either. Neither have we mind in the early days as Moshiris era but we’re moving in the right direction and have so much more potential - if we’re sleeping giants, United and Arsenal have had a massive run and need a nap. 

50 minutes ago, MC11 said:

United and Arsenal still have more pull than us. Anyone who thinks otherwise is getting well ahead of themselves 

Of course the do. And those aren’t the players that we want.

We want the type who want to prove themselves and work with us. No point in trying to get the type of character that wants a ready made champions league medal.

This is why Utd and Pogba aren’t going to win the CL.

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

We want the type who want to prove themselves and work with us. No point in trying to get the type of character that wants a ready made champions league medal.

Or qualify. Again. 

On 26/12/2019 at 13:32, Matt said:

I specifically said as a neutral. Not as an Evertonian. Couldn’t care less if others didn’t agree, the logic is sound. 

You can type "as a neutral" but you are an Evertonian and you will think like one. You will also know a hell of a lot more about Everton than the other clubs, so I respectfully suggest that even if you think about it as a neutral, there is still a blue tinted element there.

On 26/12/2019 at 13:50, Shukes said:

I don’t disagree no.

But we DO have a plan and a clear project. 
Those other two, don’t seem to have one. We have a real chance of closing the gap on the top teams, and out management and chairmen should be selling this to potential players.

Lets face it, someone sold it to Ancelotti didn’t they? Or do you think he is just after a pay check. 

But how good is that plan exactly, now that we are on our 4th or 5th manager since the project started and the performances have taken a slide. I do not disagree that behind the scenes we have put a lot more in place, but Arsenal and Utd are both starting to do that now. Personally I don't think the stadium will matter that much when you compare it to the Emirates and Old Trafford. Did the Emirates convince players to sign for Arsenal, I don't think so.

I dont know why Ancelotti is here to be completely honest. I would suggest that being the 3rd highest paid manager in the league suggests he hasnt come here just because of the dream and project. I think he does look at this as an opportunity to get back into a big gig if he does a good job of showing that he can do more than manager primadonnas and I think it is accepted that he wanted to manage back in the Premier League. Its now fairly common knowledge that Arsenal turned down the idea of him going there however I dont believe he would have come to us had Arsenal actually wanted him.

On 26/12/2019 at 13:53, Shukes said:

I think the point is the project. 
Do new players want to glory hunt?

Or do they want to become part of something and become a legend?

Players want to hunt glory. They want a medal around their necks and in consideration with wages and playing time they will go where they think they are most likely to get it. It might be a little different to British players compared to foreign players but that is likely to be the main focus for a player (or their agent).

I would also say that players will believe that they can go to an elite club and still become a legend if they win trophies.

On 26/12/2019 at 18:59, Shukes said:

I agree with that second sentence, but this whole conversation started with Koulibaly. He is worth an estimated £67.5 million and he, at 28, is in the prime of his career. If he has any desire to win anything big in his career then he needs to move to a club that can do that now rather than in 4-5 years time when he is on the way out. If Koulibaly comes to us, its because of the money, because a player of his talent and age, should be looking to sign for a club where he can win trophies.

We are in the market for the Digne, Mina, Gomes of this world. The guys who don't play regularly and have won stuff but from the bench and now want to hold a regular place in the side, get paid well, and who are still young enough to win things in the future if the project succeeds. In addition you have guys like Richarlison, Gbamin or Zaha who has done well at a lower level club and wants to move onto the next step whilst the best sides aren't yet convinced enough to bid themselves.

No Bailey by all players at glory hunters. A lot are hardened sportsmen and want a challenge. There are thousands of players that have stayed at clubs and worked for success rather than go to a ready made trophy.

Not all players at Lukakus.  Don’t want those types at Everton. I ant the hungry, mentally rough players here.

And it matters not of the plan works. We sell the plan to the players, and if they like it, they come. They can’t say ... I’ll wait to see if your plan comes off..... those are the players we don’t want.

Ill agree to disagree here, as you have a totally reverse look at sports than I do. Im good with that mate. You could be right, I could be right, as long as Everton come good, then I’m happy either way 🙂

16 minutes ago, StevO said:

He was one of five that game into the side and we got the win, however nervy it got, so no issue with him today. 

He started poorly and only due to a bad finish we were lucky not to have gone 1-0 down after 5 minutes, he was completely out fought by Carroll, and Holgate was constantly having to clean up for him. 

2 hours ago, Shukes said:

No Bailey by all players at glory hunters. A lot are hardened sportsmen and want a challenge. There are thousands of players that have stayed at clubs and worked for success rather than go to a ready made trophy.

Not all players at Lukakus.  Don’t want those types at Everton. I ant the hungry, mentally rough players here.

And it matters not of the plan works. We sell the plan to the players, and if they like it, they come. They can’t say ... I’ll wait to see if your plan comes off..... those are the players we don’t want.

Ill agree to disagree here, as you have a totally reverse look at sports than I do. Im good with that mate. You could be right, I could be right, as long as Everton come good, then I’m happy either way 🙂

I'll agree with the last bit at least! 😉

42 minutes ago, Palfy said:

He started poorly and only due to a bad finish we were lucky not to have gone 1-0 down after 5 minutes, he was completely out fought by Carroll, and Holgate was constantly having to clean up for him. 

Not watched the match yet so I’ll have to take your word for it. 
Sky Sports gave him 8/10 though. 

He's way too static and his reactions are very slow. One can clearly see the difference between him and Holgate. The latter chases and challenges for the ball all the time, while Keane never do so if the ball isn't within 2 meter radius of his presence. A few header clearances made up for his overall poor display and thank God we were lucky to not suffer from his torpid display once again.

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

Spot on. Turns like a bus. Completely out of his depth and against a better side we’d have been punished. 

1 hour ago, Finn balor said:

I can’t remember who said it but I 100% agreed with it. He’s not quick enough to defend against a speedy player and gets bullied against the big lads up front. If we get £25 mill back there are a lot better players out there for that money 

Cant see anyone paying 25m for him - 10-15m maybe

No one has an issue with the goal we conceded that Keane ( our tallest, most experienced CB ) left Carrol to Gylfi?

Theres no way Ancelotti set that up, no chance. Keane hides from the moments because he is not a dominant defender or a leader at all. Mina would have taken up the responsibility. 

Could not believe it one bit.

18 minutes ago, Btay said:

No one has an issue with the goal we conceded that Keane ( our tallest, most experienced CB ) left Carrol to Gylfi?

Theres no way Ancelotti set that up, no chance. Keane hides from the moments because he is not a dominant defender or a leader at all. Mina would have taken up the responsibility. 

The commentators on my stream said that Carroll had put himself on Baines, Sig spotted it but he was still making his way to Carroll as the ball came in and it was too late.

46 minutes ago, Btay said:

Read the match day thread mate. Loads had an issue with it. Problem is that Keane hasn’t go the physical attributes to deal with someone like Carrol. He probably saw him free and shit himself.