IGNORED

Michael Keane

28 minutes ago, badaids said:

Keane has been one of our stand out players over the last 3 seasons, our best defender and the country’s. Has it all, strong, pace and can pass like a midfielder. And his goal return of 10 a season is amazing for a centre back. And at the age of 21 will only develop further. He is also a supporter of Catalunyan devolution. Would fit perfectly at Barca, provided they pay a premium for him.

(Hoping the Barca chairman will read this thread).

Was going to say you'd fit well as Koeman's #2 until i realised the sarcasm in the last line! 

58 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Not to sure how I feel about that, I’m 50/50 on his ability, and a bumper deal concerns me that if he goes the wrong way we will have another average player on huge wages that we can’t shift for years.  

2 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Not to sure how I feel about that, I’m 50/50 on his ability, and a bumper deal concerns me that if he goes the wrong way we will have another average player on huge wages that we can’t shift for years.  

I hope he comes good because he seems a really really top bloke but I can’t see what he’s done to warrant a “bumper” deal. 

19 minutes ago, Palfy said:

He seems to be getting this bumper deal based on a good 6 months as well and not the crap that came before it. 

I also have concerns about how he will get on if we do start pushing up the pitch and playing a higher line. If we do that he will be on the bench most weeks.

Disappointed. I understand why the club have renewed his contract with it running down to 2 years. They had to make a decision to move him on this window to retain any value in the player, or extend his contract. 

I'd imagine with the amount of new faces coming in carlo wants to keep hold some of the best of a bad bunch. 

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Matt said:

Keane is very much underrated. He’s played through pain (emotional and physical) and still always been good. The midfield will get the best out of him

Can't agree with that at all. He was unbelievably bad his first year and now gets credit for putting in a bog standard performance as we've seen just how shite he can be. 

2 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Funny... When we've had a competent defensive midfielder like Gana and  and now Allan Keane looks fine.  

Someone wrote a piece on it, saying that the high press without Gana left us exposed at the back and Keane does not have the pace to deal with that.

Danny Gabbidon the other day said the introduction of someone like Allan after losing Gueye will improve our centre backs massively.  Against spurs I thought both Keane and Mina looked good. 

It improves everything. The defence now have protection and the attack now has support.

I've said loads of times that if we got ourselves a midfield that it would absolutely transform us. I know it was only one game but it looked like the case against Spurs and I fucking loved it.

3 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Funny... When we've had a competent defensive midfielder like Gana and  and now Allan Keane looks fine.  

Someone wrote a piece on it, saying that the high press without Gana left us exposed at the back and Keane does not have the pace to deal with that.

Danny Gabbidon the other day said the introduction of someone like Allan after losing Gueye will improve our centre backs massively.  Against spurs I thought both Keane and Mina looked good. 

Keane likes this

https://www.evertonfc.com/news/1829338/keane-on-why-new-everton-teammate-is-defenders-dream

15 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Gana was never a competent midfielder, personally I think to compare him to Allan is an insult to Allan, Allan in his first game did things that Gana never could and never will be able to do. 
1) Gana never held his position or filled the space that players would run into or pick a man up. 
2) Gana never marshalled the players round him or gave any direction or encouragement what so ever. 
3) Gana didn’t have a decent first touch or the ability to regularly deliver a decent pass. 
Allan did all the above in his first game with consummate aplomb, and if you look at his stats he was as good as Gana at the only thing he good do which tackle and intercept.