IGNORED

Michael Keane

If only we hadn’t sold Funes Mori. There was no need to sell him and although he’s not a world beater, he’s streets ahead of Keane. And he could cover left back. I remember thinking that it was a folly to sell him at the time, and it’s certainly proven to be the case. Can anyone recall why we got rid? Did he want to go?

1 minute ago, badaids said:

If only we hadn’t sold Funes Mori. There was no need to sell him and although he’s not a world beater, he’s streets ahead of Keane. And he could cover left back. I remember thinking that it was a folly to sell him at the time, and it’s certainly proven to be the case. Can anyone recall why we got rid? Did he want to go?

He wasn’t good enough mate. I don’t think Keane is much better, but he’s certainly no worse. I don’t think the injury Mori had would have helped either. 

I met him a couple of times though, really nice lad. 

He’s come here to make a difference and that doesn’t include trying to make a silk purse out of a Sows ear, so I think we can expect big  changes sooner rather than later.

He will be on good terms with a lot of agents, and respected by the better players as a manager they could work for, this is the best opportunity we’ve had to move forward since Moshiri took over, if this doesn’t work out it doesn’t bare thinking about. 

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

Let’s hope it doesn’t involve posting a link, or we’ll be left wondering. 

Ha ha come on Romey I know I’m rubbish at that stuff but I have feelings you know. I don’t know names I just heard he was given assurances of money and the players that he wants before he came 

12 hours ago, Palfy said:

He’s come here to make a difference and that doesn’t include trying to make a silk purse out of a Sows ear, so I think we can expect big  changes sooner rather than later.

He will be on good terms with a lot of agents, and respected by the better players as a manager they could work for, this is the best opportunity we’ve had to move forward since Moshiri took over, if this doesn’t work out it doesn’t bare thinking about. 

Spot on here Palfy, I’m expecting changes in Jan, really hope we can move some out to make way for incoming, and on Saturday I said to the guys I sit next to we need to make this work otherwise we’re doomed to mid table same old same old  that we’ve seen since 87.

On 22/12/2019 at 12:07, Bailey said:

Why would he come here though? 

Some players want the challenge. Some buy into the vision and plans of a club and want to be part of it.

Not all players are Lukakus, who will just keep moving teams until they get to a ready made trophy winning team. Some players have the will and guts to build and succeed.

Thats the type of player I want at Everton.

2 hours ago, Shukes said:

Some players want the challenge. Some buy into the vision and plans of a club and want to be part of it.

Not all players are Lukakus, who will just keep moving teams until they get to a ready made trophy winning team. Some players have the will and guts to build and succeed.

Thats the type of player I want at Everton.

I get some of that but there are better projects in Europe. Arsenal and Utd are immediately obvious ones. They might not have the manager but they do have the recent success behind them. 

I'm not saying that absolutely noone will sign for us but one of the perceived best centre halves in Europe isn't. It's like when people thought we had a chance with VVD because of Koeman.

On 22/12/2019 at 18:48, StevO said:

He wasn’t good enough mate. I don’t think Keane is much better, but he’s certainly no worse. I don’t think the injury Mori had would have helped either. 

I met him a couple of times though, really nice lad. 

For sure no world beater  but he wasn’t making a mistake leading to a goal every other game. Bang average is better than complete dogshit.

7 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I think Keane will get a reprieve and start against Burnley, because it’s more important that Holgate goes into the MF in place of Delph or Gylfi. 

I'm not so sure. I don't see Ancellotti being happy to concede possession as Ferguson was. As well as Holgate has done, on the ball he looks like a defender playing in midfield. Burnley would be Over him like rash whenever the ball came near him.

1 hour ago, badaids said:

For sure no world beater  but he wasn’t making a mistake leading to a goal every other game. Bang average is better than complete dogshit.

But Keane isn’t making a mistake leading to a goal every other game either?

Keane isn’t in great form by any means, but he’s not compete dog shit either. 

14 hours ago, Bailey said:

I get some of that but there are better projects in Europe. Arsenal and Utd are immediately obvious ones. They might not have the manager but they do have the recent success behind them. 

I'm not saying that absolutely noone will sign for us but one of the perceived best centre halves in Europe isn't. It's like when people thought we had a chance with VVD because of Koeman.

I honestly don’t see the project I’m Utd or Arsenal. 
We have a new manager, new stadium, new staff, new chairman (shareholder), new DOF. We have an actual long term plan. 
The other two have a new manager.

17 minutes ago, Shukes said:

We have a new manager, new stadium, new staff, new chairman (shareholder), new DOF. We have an actual long term plan. 

What we now most importantly have over Utd and Arsenal is a big draw manager, that is priceless he will attract the players of better quality from all over the world, Arsenal and even Utd now will struggle to do that with Arteta and Solskjaar, and we have us any player would want to play in the noise we create, the Emirates and old Trafford are like library’s compared to Goodison, the only thing they have at present which we don’t have at the moment is the stadium but not for much longer 

14 hours ago, Bailey said:

Have we convinced you yet Bailey that Everton have enough to offer the better players in the world. 

On 23/12/2019 at 19:39, Finn balor said:

I thought against United Holgate looked our most composed player. He obviously not suited to that rule but the boy has no fear and is a leader. I don’t think Burnley play the pressing game at all. They play their own style 

The difference at Burnley is that we will be looking to do the creating. Holgate did a superb job in the circumstances of tackling, tracking and generally breaking up attacks but there was one point in the Utd game when he got closed down and he punted a 30 yard ball in the general direction of Coleman in a moment of pure panic. That isn't a guy who is going to deal well with Burnley's midfield closing him down and bullying him off the ball as soon as he gets within 40 yards of goal. I would hope that Ancelotti has grander plans than that for our midfield, other than if needs must due to injuries.

13 hours ago, Shukes said:

Oh come on Shukes take those blue tinted glasses off!

Utd, one of the biggest names in world football, more money to spend than us, closer to the top 4 than us, one of the biggest stadiums in the country and one of the world's best players (in some eyes) in midfield.

Arsenal, relatively new manager, lost the Europa League final last season, relatively new and much larger stadium in the capital, now largely under one shareholder, multiple league winning CB and two of the best strikers in world football.

Both of those teams have a long term plan as well. They want to be back at number 1 in the league and in Utd's sake the world. We have played this long term plan tune since Moyes' days and look how that ended up. We had our "superstar" manager too before and look how that went. Granted Ancelotti is in a different league but we are one of a number of clubs that hold various upsides to potential player but the other teams are starting that from a rung or two higher than us.

12 hours ago, Palfy said:

What we now most importantly have over Utd and Arsenal is a big draw manager, that is priceless he will attract the players of better quality from all over the world, Arsenal and even Utd now will struggle to do that with Arteta and Solskjaar, and we have us any player would want to play in the noise we create, the Emirates and old Trafford are like library’s compared to Goodison, the only thing they have at present which we don’t have at the moment is the stadium but not for much longer 

Have we convinced you yet Bailey that Everton have enough to offer the better players in the world. 

In short, no :)

I don't disagree that players will come here for Ancelotti but there is a level to that type of player. Players want to win things, to play in Europe and then at least know that they might challenge. Getting paid more than other clubs is also a bonus of course, but players wont get paid much different here compared to say Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Leicester, Liverpool, City, West Ham etc etc.

If we finish the season off flying then maybe in the summer we will see some better names but until we show that we are better than a bottom half team it will be a struggle to get those elite names. It's not that we need to either FWIW. Liverpool didn't go out and buy the best players in the world, they developed them bar VVD and Alison who were the final pieces in the puzzle. 

18 minutes ago, Bailey said:

The difference at Burnley is that we will be looking to do the creating. Holgate did a superb job in the circumstances of tackling, tracking and generally breaking up attacks but there was one point in the Utd game when he got closed down and he punted a 30 yard ball in the general direction of Coleman in a moment of pure panic. That isn't a guy who is going to deal well with Burnley's midfield closing him down and bullying him off the ball as soon as he gets within 40 yards of goal. I would hope that Ancelotti has grander plans than that for our midfield, other than if needs must due to injuries.

Oh come on Shukes take those blue tinted glasses off!

Utd, one of the biggest names in world football, more money to spend than us, closer to the top 4 than us, one of the biggest stadiums in the country and one of the world's best players (in some eyes) in midfield.

Arsenal, relatively new manager, lost the Europa League final last season, relatively new and much larger stadium in the capital, now largely under one shareholder, multiple league winning CB and two of the best strikers in world football.

Both of those teams have a long term plan as well. They want to be back at number 1 in the league and in Utd's sake the world. We have played this long term plan tune since Moyes' days and look how that ended up. We had our "superstar" manager too before and look how that went. Granted Ancelotti is in a different league but we are one of a number of clubs that hold various upsides to potential player but the other teams are starting that from a rung or two higher than us.

In short, no :)

I don't disagree that players will come here for Ancelotti but there is a level to that type of player. Players want to win things, to play in Europe and then at least know that they might challenge. Getting paid more than other clubs is also a bonus of course, but players wont get paid much different here compared to say Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Leicester, Liverpool, City, West Ham etc etc.

If we finish the season off flying then maybe in the summer we will see some better names but until we show that we are better than a bottom half team it will be a struggle to get those elite names. It's not that we need to either FWIW. Liverpool didn't go out and buy the best players in the world, they developed them bar VVD and Alison who were the final pieces in the puzzle. 

Because it’s Christmas Eve the only thing I can say to that is Bah Humbug 🎅🏿

Bailey. 
Your  gong on the history of his clubs. Not sure if your watching recently, but they aren’t winning much these days. 
As for projects, I don’t see any. 

Tell me about Utd’s project, or Arsenals? I don follow them, and just see clubs slipping lower and lower each year. You really think they are the same draw as they were ten years ago?

I can tell you much about our history and how we are still amongst the top trophy winning clubs in English history. Did you know we have won the top flight 9 (Nine) times for example? 

We’re a bigger club than people realise. 

On 24/12/2019 at 22:53, Shukes said:

Bailey. 
Your  gong on the history of his clubs. Not sure if your watching recently, but they aren’t winning much these days. 
As for projects, I don’t see any. 

Tell me about Utd’s project, or Arsenals? I don follow them, and just see clubs slipping lower and lower each year. You really think they are the same draw as they were ten years ago?

I can tell you much about our history and how we are still amongst the top trophy winning clubs in English history. Did you know we have won the top flight 9 (Nine) times for example? 

We’re a bigger club than people realise. 

We are a big club but in the modern era,  Utd and Arsenal are bigger... far bigger in fact. 

Not only is their history much more recent but they have also been more successful recently (even if they are going backwards - yet still ahead of us in the league this year and last). 

Do you disagree with that?

13 minutes ago, Bailey said:

We are a big club but in the modern era,  Utd and Arsenal are bigger... far bigger in fact. 

Not only is their history much more recent but they have also been more successful recently (even if they are going backwards - yet still ahead of us in the league this year and last). 

Do you disagree with that?

I don’t disagree but I completely agree with Shukes. 5 years ago this wouldn’t have been a discussion, but both United and Arsenal have continued to decline and look to be settling for non-CL positions. Trying to rejuvenate those 2 clubs, especially when you’ve got an over-controlling board of numpty of transfers, is a lot harder than uncork the potential of Everton. If I was neutral and a manager, given the choice of the 3 I’d choose Everton because there’s opportunity there.

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

I don’t disagree but I completely agree with Shukes. 5 years ago this wouldn’t have been a discussion, but both United and Arsenal have continued to decline and look to be settling for non-CL positions. Trying to rejuvenate those 2 clubs, especially when you’ve got an over-controlling board of numpty of transfers, is a lot harder than uncork the potential of Everton. If I was neutral and a manager, given the choice of the 3 I’d choose Everton because there’s opportunity there.

With all due respect, I think you say that as an Everton fan. I would imagine most neutrals would laugh at you.