IGNORED

Michael Keane

Was critical of him last season as well.  Certainly regarding pace and some times positioning.  This season he seems healthier and more confident.  Can imagine any of us would feel more comfortable next to Zouma compared to Williams.  Been really impressed with Zouma but whew Williams was really poor last season, ha.

Glad to see Keane get a call up as well.  Should hopefully push him even further and help him / us all forget about last season.  Kind of shocked how we have gone from CB being a problem position to having a selection problem (between Zouma, Keane, Mina) in just one year.  Well done Brands.

• 2 months later...

Any one else concerned that he is turning crap again?

Week after week he is making several small mistakes and now our backs are against the wall he is weaker and less aggressive, almost as if the doubts are creeping in.

Dont get me wrong, he is nowhere near as bad as last season but when your in a hole you need leaders and he is weak.

10 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Week after week he is making several small mistakes and now our backs are against the wall he is weaker and less aggressive, almost as if the doubts are creeping in.

Dont get me wrong, he is nowhere near as bad as last season but when your in a hole you need leaders and he is weak.

He's not good enough. I'm not going to revert to the Pete0 school of dedicating my life to proving it to everyone else but I've never been convinced by him, his reading of the game and concentration are suspect for me and you can't affird that in a CB at the top level. 

12 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I don't think he ever turned good he just set the bar so low last year he's had a bit of leeway this year for putting in below-average performances as we know how dogshit he can be. 

Only game I can think were he's looked good enough and that was against Brighton. Had Murray in his pocket beat him for strength and aggression. 

One of three players that need replacing for us to look more like a team. 

5 hours ago, pete0 said:

I don't think he ever turned good he just set the bar so low last year he's had a bit of leeway this year for putting in below-average performances as we know how dogshit he can be. 

Only game I can think were he's looked good enough and that was against Brighton. Had Murray in his pocket beat him for strength and aggression. 

One of three players that need replacing for us to look more like a team. 

I don't know about that, I thought he was playing very well for a good spell of games but since the mistake in the Leicester game he has started to unravel and more mistakes and indecision are creeping in again. 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

Now you've demonstrated you can count, can you go through the alphabet too?

I certainly can I hadn’t finished counting I was busy at work, but I’ll send you 3 and 4 later if you like, strange you down vote what I’ve said when you have pretty much been saying the same thing yourself. 

Do you suffer from memory loss or are you just a hypocrite. 

36 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

what i meant he's been our best central defender this year.  

Indeed. He was very good beginning of the season then took a dip along with the whole team but still miles better than any other defender (Digne aside)