• Low
    • Pelligrini
    • Hughes
    • O'Neill
    • Emery
    • Moyes
    • Somebody else
    • Simeone

ha, seems i've found your tick. i'll ease off for now, but if you start acting up again it will make a re-appearance :rofl:

Not really, if it makes you feel better call him Ron- just feels a bit cringy to me like you know him personally. However, who am I to tell you what to do so carry on mate.

Just been doing some more background reading on Koeman to get a better idea of what he has tried to achieve at other clubs and then what changed at Southampton while he was there before considering how his Soton teams compare to where we are now.

His main formation of choice was 4231 (same as we play), defensively solid (as we are) but in his 2 years there they went from not scoring a goal on the counter, tor scoring the most counters in the league the next season. I think we play more like his first season, possession and pressure, with movement and link up play creating chances rather than counter attacks and direct running. Thats why we seem to have a lot of central players as the wide men are meant to get close to the striker, but if the striker doesn't hold onto the ball we end up getting pinned back like we did today.

His Soton side weren't bleseed with pace either. It was mainly one side, with Mane or Long and then creativity on the other ( Tadic/Elia and on occasions Davis). The midfield used to switch between a 1-2 and a 2-1. If we want 2 deep we have Gana and Schneiderlin with Klaasen, if we want 1 deep (which we saw today) we have Davies and Klaasen ahead of Schneiderlin. The defense more or less picks itself, with the question mark over the right back slot.

Defensively both sides are almost identical. The difference in attack. As it stands we don't have a proven target man, we don't have a pacey wide man and given our pursuit for Siggy I can only expect that he will be the 'Tadic'.

The 'Mane' was bound to be Bolasie and I guess Sandro was expected to be short term solution although I'm not convinced that's his game. Lookman could also be this player but he hasnt really been used recently.I don't know where this leaves Rooney (or Barkley). I don't know why you would buy two strikers and have a young lad coming through and then say that you want another? It just seems all a bit confused and I expect that keeping them all happy could lead to shoehorning most of them into the same side.

Koeman hasn't exactly had a stellar management career, it's been very up and down. He has won some trophies, he has ruffled a few feathers (Niasse isn't the only one to be shut out), he likes to use the media to get what he wants (like today!) But the most positive thing for us is that the longer he is with a club, generally the better he does.

• 2 weeks later...

Changed a system that was working 1-0 up in the 60th minute. Unnecessary from him and I can't help but feel we had a better chance of winning with the formation we had out.

His tactics helped us towards 3 points but his changes may well have cost us 2.

Changed a system that was working 1-0 up in the 60th minute. Unnecessary from him and I can't help but feel we had a better chance of winning with the formation we had out.

Don't agree in the slightest. He went 4 at the back as City went 1 up top and had more runners from deep - we needed more in midfield. Holgate's mistake sadly turned 3 into 1 in a game where we looked comfortable albeit very backs to wall!

Still waiting for your PM should you wish to carry on with the shit you decided to aim at me in the match in your typical "throw a boot in from the back" style. Quite the man aren't you?

Onto your point.... no it didn't work.

We were getting nailed from the very first minute and 3 one on ones before we scored a goal against the run of play didn't alter the fact that we set up to contain.

Koeman is repeatedly setting us up wrong and he needs to sort it out.

Don't agree in the slightest. He went 4 at the back as City went 1 up top and had more runners from deep - we needed more in midfield. Holgate's mistake sadly turned 3 into 1 in a game where we looked comfortable albeit very backs to wall!

Agree to disagree mate! City didn't look like they had a chance in hell at scoring a goal before the change. Should have kept the 5 and countered. A double change at 1-0 in the 60th minute when things are going your way for me is a big no-no.

Agree to disagree mate! City didn't look like they had a chance in hell at scoring a goal before the change. Should have kept the 5 and countered. A double change at 1-0 in the 60th minute when things are going your way for me is a big no-no.

But with Sterling on and playing in the middle the Holgate and Baines were left isolated and our midfield was being over run. Putting creative midfielders on gave us more options and should have given us more of the ball. City were so good tho that we were still hemmed in.

Still waiting for your PM should you wish to carry on with the shit you decided to aim at me in the match in your typical "throw a boot in from the back" style. Quite the man aren't you?

Onto your point.... no it didn't work.

We were getting nailed from the very first minute and 3 one on ones before we scored a goal against the run of play didn't alter the fact that we set up to contain.

Koeman is repeatedly setting us up wrong and he needs to sort it out.

If he hasn't PM'd you then maybe he doesn't want to carry on? I'm not sure what PMing does anyway? Nobody sounds like a real man when these tit for tats go off. PM or no PM.

Just cool it down gents. When it goes on constantly, it ruins this little place.

As for Koeman, got my own views for this thread. Just waiting for the transfer window to close.

If he hasn't PM'd you then maybe he doesn't want to carry on? I'm not sure what PMing does anyway? Nobody sounds like a real man when these tit for tats go off. PM or no PM.

Just cool it down gents. When it goes on constantly, it ruins this little place.

As for Koeman, got my own views for this thread. Just waiting for the transfer window to close.

No... he's got form for this. Debate the game - fine.

People start trying to troll/wum me about koeman hating or lukaku when I'm watching us play then I will get pissed off and I will stand up for myself.

Aiden likes to chirp in when he thinks the odds are stacked against me.

When you set up with what was effectively five at the back and two defensive midfielders, you are going out to defend and frustrate them, with the hope you can nick a goal and ride your luck which we did most of the night.

He's the manager and that's the call he made, obviously he didn't fancy our chances going head to head with them in a more open match, and will feel his tactics worked having taken a point away from home against the team favourites to win the league.

People start trying to troll/wum me about koeman hating or lukaku when I'm watching us play then I will get pissed off and I will stand up for myself.

Your mother should have swallowed you bully.

Yeah I know you'll defend yourself...but then you don't look too clever when you open up in a totally different thread how you did before. The sort of 'PM if you think your man enough' type approach...you've got to be better than that Haf, surely?

Pah. I don't know. Bed time for me I think.

I was surprised to see him change it like that. I understand Davies/Klaasen like for like but I thought he could have done the same with Siggy and Rooney as the latter was poor.

I didn't even disagree with the starting line up but they didn't play like a team that knew the system. Too many gaps, too many potential chances. Going to a 4 at the back didn't really work either, same problem.

Yeah I know you'll defend yourself...but then you don't look too clever when you open up in a totally different thread how you did before. The sort of 'PM if you think your man enough' type approach...you've got to be better than that Haf, surely?

Pah. I don't know. Bed time for me I think.

No. The point was quit all the shit in the match thread trying to look all brave. Say what you wanna say to me in PM. As I said... he's done it before and I'm not having it.

Look at how it panned you will see what I mean.

Still don't understand the subs. Why bring Sigurdssen on at 60 minutes for a defender? Put Lookman or Mirallas on for some pace to make them worry about a counter attack.

My take on it was Koeman was trying to get the team to hold possession for longer periods rather than pure counter attacking football. It didn't quiet work, City shut our players down quickly and we couldn't move up the pitch and find space to move the ball continually.

Credit to City, they stopped Everton playing football.

My take on it was Koeman was trying to get the team to hold possession for longer periods rather than pure counter attacking football. It didn't quiet work, City shut our players down quickly and we couldn't move up the pitch and find space to move the ball continually.

Credit to City, they stopped Everton playing football.

I'm glad someone has acknowledged that actually City have an embarrassment of riches in midfield and attack - the trio of de Bruyne, Silva and Fernandinho in the centre is as good as any in world football (Modric, Kroos and Casemiro being the best!) They've got everything - then players like Aguero, Jesus, Sane, B Silva, Sterling to supply. Yes, their defence is the part you can dominate, but that team on the counter, at home, in the warmer months - are absolutely devestating.

I'm glad someone has acknowledged that actually City have an embarrassment of riches in midfield and attack - the trio of de Bruyne, Silva and Fernandinho in the centre is as good as any in world football (Modric, Kroos and Casemiro being the best!) They've got everything - then players like Aguero, Jesus, Sane, B Silva, Sterling to supply. Yes, their defence is the part you can dominate, but that team on the counter, at home, in the warmer months - are absolutely devestating.

This is what I was getting at in the match day thread

Another system could have seen us spanked, this is a City side a mile off what they were last season

We probably would have held out if not for a soft header from a lad who overall had a brilliant game, these things happen

Not many will go to City and hold onto a clean sheet for so long

I've deliberately kept out of all these threads because I knew some would be lining up to volley Koeman over this. Endbof the day they are a much much MUCH better side than us- Koeman got his tactics right- we nicked a goal and defended excellently. If you go toe to toe with City with the players they have (even with 10 men) you're getting twatted.

It was a stupid header from Holgate, to just nod it up in the air into your own box like that is schoolboy stuff and if he doesn't do that we win 1-0 and things are totally different.

Such a shame because he was excellent all game as well, he should have flicked it out for a corner but he's young and will learn from it all. 4 points from the first 2 games is more than most where expecting- point against Chelsea and if we beat Spurs we'll be flying from a set of extremely difficult matches.

I've deliberately kept out of all these threads because I knew some would be lining up to volley Koeman over this. Endbof the day they are a much much MUCH better side than us- Koeman got his tactics right- we nicked a goal and defended excellently. If you go toe to toe with City with the players they have (even with 10 men) you're getting twatted.

It was a stupid header from Holgate, to just nod it up in the air into your own box like that is schoolboy stuff and if he doesn't do that we win 1-0 and things are totally different.

Such a shame because he was excellent all game as well, he should have flicked it out for a corner but he's young and will learn from it all. 4 points from the first 2 games is more than most where expecting- point against Chelsea and if we beat Spurs we'll be flying from a set of extremely difficult matches.

Spot on Pad that's what a some of us have been saying all along, only to be told we no nothing about football for holding them views, which is ridiculous, it's got to stage with this forum that if you don't have the same opinion of some of the big mouth I'm always right twats you have to run a stream of personal abuse in the name of debating.

THIS.

It took a mistake from a young lad for them to score. Koeman had his tactics spot on last night, City have one of the best squads in the world, easily in the top 10, yet people want us to go gung ho against them. Defensive and counter when we can was the best tactic, watch other teams do the same, not many will take points from City at home this season.