IGNORED

Who should replace Koeman?

Who should be Everton's new manager?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like to see replace Ronald Koeman as manager of Everton?

• Carlo Ancelotti
    • Thomas Tuchel
    • Eddie Howe
    • Sean Dyche
    • Brendan Rodgers
    • Sam Allardyce
    • Rafael Benitez
    • David Unsworth
    • Duncan Ferguson
    • Someone else
    • Keep Koeman

26 minutes ago, Paddock said:

Newty, the discontent was nowhere near sacking mentality- Martinez had banners etc before they sacked him. I’m not saying it was the wrong decision but why do we never have contingency plans in place- why are we always up shit creek without a paddle- who’s job is it to make sure we don’t end up in predicaments like this? Because they’re failing fucking miserably at it. It’s amateur at best.

I agree with you here... I don't think Koeman was the man to take Everton forward (anymore), but I'm thinking his sacking was a bit premature. I'd have given him until the Jan window.

... But then again I'm not a football "expert."

1 hour ago, Paddock said:

Why the fuck did we sack him with zero clue on who we had to replace him. Time and time again this board shows how inept it is- it’s a fucking shambles- from letting Lukaku leave with no replacement to sacking the manager and having not the slightest clue who they want to replace him. It’s a fucking joke- I hate this club sometimes.

We sacked him because we couldn’t afford to be making the same selection and tactical mistakes game after game. It was clear nothing would change. Whether or not he ends up being appointed, Unsworth has already done better. I don’t understand the sense of panic about needing to find a non-Blue manager. 

We sacked him because we couldn’t afford to be making the same selection and tactical mistakes game after game. It was clear nothing would change. Whether or not he ends up being appointed, Unsworth has already done better. I don’t understand the sense of panic about needing to find a non-Blue manager. 

If that’s why we sacked him then he can feel very hard done by because if anything he chopped and changed the personnel and formation too many times !

If it's true that we approached Allardyce and he has since said he is now no longer interested, I find that hugely embarrassing that we can't even convince a has been like fat Sam to take the job.

What's going on with the board they don't seem to have the slightest idea what they are doing, Moshiri came to us as the golden egg which would catapult us into the big time, at the moment quite the reverse is happening the guy may have money although we've seen very little of it most of the money spent as been from sales, unfortunately for us I think we have an owner who looks like he hasn't a clue how to run a football club, not impressed so far.

What happened to the interest in/from Tuchel?  Still seems like a decent option to me (man management aside), readily available as well.

Read a couple of articles suggesting Everton make an effort for Lucien Favre.  Reckon that's a good shout as an option for a year or 3.  Defensively very solid, has a style similar to Simeone, does well with Kids, averaged around 1.5 pts per game in the Bundesliga and ligue 1.  Took Hertha from 10th to 4th, Borrussia from 16th to 4th/3rd, Nice up to 3rd (not sure where from).  I'd be happy enough with him coming in for a couple of years.

12 minutes ago, Sparks FC said:

Pitiful simplistic article by a guy who plainly knows fuck all and takes his "facts" from internet rumours.

A decision will be made when the people in charge judge it to be the right time; as it was when Koeman was sacked.

If it's true that we approached Allardyce and he has since said he is now no longer interested, I find that hugely embarrassing that we can't even convince a has been like fat Sam to take the job.
What's going on with the board they don't seem to have the slightest idea what they are doing, Moshiri came to us as the golden egg which would catapult us into the big time, at the moment quite the reverse is happening the guy may have money although we've seen very little of it most of the money spent as been from sales, unfortunately for us I think we have an owner who looks like he hasn't a clue how to run a football club, not impressed so far.

Personally I was quite saddened that we even approached Fat Sam but could possibly see the logic in offering him a shot term contract . I am however highly delighted that we refused to be held to ransom by him and did not give in to his supposed demands of a longer deal

I do think it' concerning that we all knew something wasn' right with Koeman. They gave him plenty of time before sacking him but still don' seem to have had a plan of succession in place and despite him now being gone for the best part of a month, there still doesn' appear to be a clear idea of who they want.

It' like our transfer window all over again in that there doesn' appear to be a clear direction and it' been poorly planned.

Ange Postecoglou may be available as of tomorrow. Plays an attacking brand of football, consistently wins titles and is strong if bringning through younger players.

Obviouslly a big step up... 

Win or loose against Honduras tonight, he has fallen out with the FFA and may not coach Australia at the World Cup.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ange_Postecoglou

6 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Personally I was quite saddened that we even approached Fat Sam but could possibly see the logic in offering him a shot term contract . I am however highly delighted that we refused to be held to ransom by him and did not give in to his supposed demands of a longer deal

I do agree with you and have said it myself that Allardyce would have been an option till the end of season, what I find alarming is we all know he's a greedy pig, yet they still couldn't convince him to take the job with all the money at their disposal, how poor is that from a negotiating point of view the greedy gits out of work and they still couldn't get him, I hate to say it but that tells me Moshiri maybe a rich man but he's not a football man.

This thread is like the transfer thread. Everyone is reading snip bits from the press and raging about it.

why is there a huge rush to get someone in? 

Why do we believe everything we are reading from the press for a change?

lets stay calm guys and give the club a chance. I hope the club takes its time and gets the right fit in this time. If it takes until the new year then I’m fine with that.

werw not in the desperate situation many suggest. If the season ended today.... we wouldn’t be relegated.

25 minutes ago, Shukes said:

This thread is like the transfer thread. Everyone is reading snip bits from the press and raging about it.

lets stay calm guys and give the club a chance. I hope the club takes its time and gets the right fit in this time. If it takes until the new year then I’m fine with that.

werw not in the desperate situation many suggest. If the season ended today.... we wouldn’t be relegated.

It's not about there being a huge rush, it's about being decisive and showing leadership. The right guy isn't available now? Fine, say so and give Unsworth the job till January or the end of the season. Regardless of whether it is all rumour or not, there is instability right the way through the club, and that will harm us on the pitch. Moshiri is looking increasingly weak. It's not a good situation at all. 

24 minutes ago, nogs said:

It's not about there being a huge rush, it's about being decisive and showing leadership. The right guy isn't available now? Fine, say so and give Unsworth the job till January or the end of the season. Regardless of whether it is all rumour or not, there is instability right the way through the club, and that will harm us on the pitch. Moshiri is looking increasingly weak. It's not a good situation at all. 

Agreed. It just creates a mess. The players are all waiting for a new man to come in, Unsy isn' sure if he is staying or going and until he is made permanent he will always be just a caretaker in the players eyes. 

All round it' not the type of situation that leads to a successful team.

13 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

Really? Because I see Unsworth making zero difference- Koemans main failing was changing the team too much.

We are obviously talking to people who are at this moment in a job somewhere else, until we get a firm commitment that someone will come in the summer, it will all be rumours and speculation.

I,m sure an announcement will be made soon, either of a new Manager or an interim manager but until things are signed and sealed, we certainly don't want to appoint in panic mode because that could end disastrously.  I,m hoping they take their time,  and in due course announce the right man.

5 minutes ago, Bill said:

We are obviously talking to people who are at this moment in a job somewhere else, until we get a firm commitment that someone will come in the summer, it will all be rumours and speculation.

I,m sure an announcement will be made soon, of a new Manager or an interim manager but until things are signed and sealed, we certainly don't want to appoint in panic mode because that could end disastrously.  I,m hoping they take their time,  and in due course announce the right man.

agreed, which makes my first choice (which was a pipe dream anyway) extremely unlikely

So lets say we give it to Unsworth but then Silva suddenly comes available, say in January. Do we sack Unsworth to hire Silva? Highly doubtful. Interim until someone is available for us to hire maybe the best way, basically what he is now, however how will Unsworth feel about this, being over looked and used as a stop gap. Is Unsworth willing to drop back down to the U23's after he has a taste of first team management? Who knows. Giving it to Unsworth isn't going to be as easy as people think. I love Unsy don't get me wrong, I just don't see it viable for us to be like "yeah give it to him" when he hasn't done anything to warrant a big job such as this for me. (please don't quote u23's at me, major differences).

The club is right in taking its time, its a fucking mess yes but better not to rush and hire shite who then goes and guys shite *cough* Martinez.

4 hours ago, Shukes said:

At the moment it's like a job interview that won't end for Unsworth, and we aren't exactly like Chelsea when Di Matteo or Hiddink took over temporarily. The club need's a change on field for the better, and that makes it all the more difficult with this will he won't he bullshit distracting everyone.

On ‎14‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 08:45, Aidan Lewis said:

Silva got hull relegated, I don't care if it was an "impossible" task to keep them up, they went down. Same as Martinez got Wigan relegated. Same as Dyche got Burnley relegated.

I can see the positive in all 3 of those managers, but I don't think any of them are for us. 

when he took over hull they had 1 win in ten games - he won 8 in 22

Reality is this... Unsworth probably has to move away from Everton before moving back to Everton.  This experience will do him the world of good but is it the answer?  not really.  Im made up that we have a bit of feel-good factor back but we need someone with more experience.  He has had a rabbit in headlights look a couple of times.

go all out for silva.  Watford probably know he has his heart elsewhere and £8.5m is a big compo deal for a manager with 18 months remaining.

If Unsworth is hired until the end of the season could he attract the quality we need in January? We need a proper quality striker brought in in January, not just a can do a job lad or promoting Byrne or whoever from the U23s. Could Unsworth do it? Would a quality striker want to sign for someone who probably wouldn't be the manager past that summer? I'm not so sure.

1 minute ago, Romey 1878 said:

If Unsworth is hired until the end of the season could he attract the quality we need in January? We need a proper quality striker brought in in January, not just a can do a job lad or promoting Byrne or whoever from the U23s. Could Unsworth do it? Would a quality striker want to sign for someone who probably wouldn't be the manager past that summer? I'm not so sure.

Are there going to be any proper quality strikers available in January?