IGNORED

Cenk Tosun

If teams are struggling to pay his wages it looks like we might have to bite the bullet and pay some of his wages when we sell him. I would have thought Tosun to be more ambitious and more willing to drop a wage to play regularly, apparently not.

Sometimes in this scenario I think it is best just to pay up and cut your losses. 

I have never been a fan of keeping a bad egg in the workplace. When someone wants to leave it creates a ripple with other employees and that negativity spreads.

I certainly wouldnt want him in the younger age groups, influencing them. 

Either make him a deal and see if he takes it or tell him not to come to training and see how he likes sitting on his arse at home watching the games on TV. It will give him plenty of time to get a hair transplant.

44 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

I don't blame him at all for expecting the salary stipulated in his contract. Why shouldn't he? Two parties signed that contract quite willingly.

Exactly he isn’t in breach of his contract I’m assuming, so the other parties need to honour it or come to a deal were they buy him out and make him a free agent. 

1 hour ago, Cornish Steve said:

I don't blame him at all for expecting the salary stipulated in his contract. Why shouldn't he? Two parties signed that contract quite willingly.

But surely then he shouldn't be able to then go earn another wage with Beşiktaş, he should go on "gardening leave" I'd have thought, no?

1 minute ago, MikeO said:

But surely then he shouldn't be able to then go earn another wage with Beşiktaş, he should go on "gardening leave" I'd have thought, no?

Not if they pay him off his contract would then be terminated and he would be free to go his own way, wouldn’t that be a better solution to the problem if we can’t sell him or loan him out for part of his salary, otherwise they just hang around looking like they’ve been hard done by and possibly making others feel uncomfortable in their presence. 

7 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Not if they pay him off his contract would then be terminated and he would be free to go his own way, wouldn’t that be a better solution to the problem if we can’t sell him or loan him out for part of his salary, otherwise they just hang around looking like they’ve been hard done by and possibly making others feel uncomfortable in their presence. 

It's a better solution for him and Beşiktaş as they know the position and have us over a barrel when it comes to any money changing hands, I'd call their bluff and say no he signed the contract so he's going nowhere. Play hardball and see how much they want him/he wants them, if we give in we're having our pants pulled down.

6 minutes ago, MikeO said:

It's a better solution for him and Beşiktaş as they know the position and have us over a barrel when it comes to any money changing hands, I'd call their bluff and say no he signed the contract so he's going nowhere. Play hardball and see how much they want him/he wants them, if we give in we're having our pants pulled down.

Your right it is a great position for him and Besiktas and a poor one for us, when you sign below average players and stick them on long lucrative contracts you lose the upper hand when you want to get shot of them. 

19 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

Yeah, but now he wants to move, thus effectively saying he wants his contract terminated. If anything, he should pay us for the 12 months.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Yeah, but now he wants to move, thus effectively saying he wants his contract terminated. If anything, he should pay us for the 12 months.

Has he submitted a transfer request if so then he’s not entitled to walk on a free and have his contract paid up, I was working on the basis we want to get rid of him.