IGNORED

Abdoulaye Doucouré

Peter H

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

Nope, a dig at the manager. The new target :P.

Not new. I've questioned Silva from day one with these tactics and yet opting for Tosun up top. Full season and Sigurdssen was still anonymous most games too. Gomes Gana pairing not working, well nearly the whole eleven not working, and he didn't change anything. People cling to beating man u but that game could have easily been two all. Fulham match was a disgrace and the Newcastle one will go down in history for all the wrong reasons. 

28 minutes ago, London Blue said:

PeteO I mostly enjoy reading your posts, even if I don't agree with them. The Gana thread made me question your opinions a bit, but I though everybody has one player they just don't like, so I thought fair enough.

With this rant on Silva, before the season has even started, I'm questioning why? Do you have to have someone to hate on?

Your post is just not accurate, Tosun had fewer games upfront for us than  DCL, who was our main striker by the end of the season, although Silva did try Richarlison up front for a while.

Siggy had 13 goals and 6 assists, hardly an anonymous season. Yes there were poor performances, and everybody, me included questioned the defense, but by the end of the season we had one of the tightest defenses, and had picked up so many points, compared to what the season looked like in December.

Gomes and Gana working together was one of the reasons we turned things around, and why Gana was head hunted by one of the best teams in Europe.

Just let it go man. 

I said during his peak when we beat man u. Nothing new about what I'm saying. 

DCL ended up being the main striker bit start of the season he was third choice with Tosun and Richarlison being favoured. Were is the inaccuracy? Me and a few others said these tactics are better suited to DCL yet it took a professional manager until our 16th match to reluctantly come to the same conclusion. 

I've not disputed Sigurdssen's stats being good but they don't hide that of he doesn't score/assist there's many a time you forget he's on the pitch. And from preseason there's very little indication that Silva has addressed this issue. Think the stat was he averages 25 passes? Can't remember exactly but it was less than half as many as other players in that role. 

We didn't turn things round though. We met Arsenal, united and Chelsea at their worst. We still got beat by a relegated Fulham, a shite Newcastle, and held by Crystal Palace and Spurs reserves. We played the same way every week, only difference being the opposition were up for it in the games we didn't win except Cardiff who are plop. 

The turning point was probably when Gana was dropped v Huddersfield. Davies should have kept his spot.

1 minute ago, barryj said:

You said nothing in the Man U match day thread. Not surprised as that game didn’t suit your argument / agenda. 

To be fair, Pete has made that point repeatedly for some odd reason. Never really understand the point since all three of the teams were above us at the time, we’d not beaten any of them for fuck knows how long (Oviedo goal aside), the previous manager would’ve just hoped for a draw (because he’s a talented football manager) and not only did we beat them, we completely out classed them. But none of that counts when you’ve got an axe to grind apparently...

42 minutes ago, Matt said:

To be fair, Pete has made that point repeatedly for some odd reason. Never really understand the point since all three of the teams were above us at the time, we’d not beaten any of them for fuck knows how long (Oviedo goal aside), the previous manager would’ve just hoped for a draw (because he’s a talented football manager) and not only did we beat them, we completely out classed them. But none of that counts when you’ve got an axe to grind apparently...

I'd not look at them individually, I'd clump them in with the rest of the top 6 and we beat City and Arsenal under Koeman without such a parade. We've not beat any of them away since Oviedo though. 

I'd like to beat the best when they're at their best. That game is possibly the worst I've seen United play, they were completely lacklustre, second to every ball no urgency, sloppy. Yet we only mustered two good chances but fortunately Sig and Digne scored whoppers to make the score line flatter. Other end of the pitch even though they were dreadful all over the pitch they still managed to create two very good chances but luckily their scoring boots had been left at home too. 

38 minutes ago, barryj said:

Glad to hear it! Suits mine perfectly that you were celebrating a great Everton win with Marco at the helm and having watched a superb Gana performance 😉

A wins a win, got to celebrate when you can. 

29 minutes ago, pete0 said:

I'd not look at them individually, I'd clump them in with the rest of the top 6 and we beat City and Arsenal under Koeman without such a parade. We've not beat any of them away since Oviedo though. 

I'd like to beat the best when they're at their best. That game is possibly the worst I've seen United play, they were completely lacklustre, second to every ball no urgency, sloppy. Yet we only mustered two good chances but fortunately Sig and Digne scored whoppers to make the score line flatter. Other end of the pitch even though they were dreadful all over the pitch they still managed to create two very good chances but luckily their scoring boots had been left at home too. 

A wins a win, got to celebrate when you can. 

I did clump them all together! :lol: 

and yes, everyone got excited when Koeman beat City and Arsenal, but maybe not as much because that wasn’t 10/12 points against big sides that pushed us much further up the table than we deserved to be following the winter break. 

You can only beat what’s in front of you and fact is, had we still had the previous manager, he’d have played for 4 points and maybe got 2. 

Edited by Matt

3 hours ago, barryj said:

I worry that he needs to be centre of attention and thrives off being controversial.

Not sure PeteO is arsed about being centre of attention, not quite, but no doubt he thrives on saying black is white. Loves to be in the opposite corner and debate it no matter what. Quite a unique individual from what I've seen on here over the years.

We're all different, aren't we? Some of us are different types of butterflies, and PeteO is a big fuckin stinging Wasp!!!

3 hours ago, StevO said:

You keep saying this Bill, but Marco has been talking about him as a midfielder. I’d trust a managers opinion over an agents. 

Its not me Steve its people who know him and have seen him play throughout his career, I've never seen him and probably you haven't either.  What I do know is that the people who know him best are convinced he is a better centre half. That can only be good for us, as I said in a previous post .... Two for the price of one.

3 minutes ago, Bill said:

Its not me Steve its people who know him and have seen him play throughout his career, I've never seen him and probably you haven't either.  What I do know is that the people who know him best are convinced he is a better centre half. That can only be good for us, as I said in a previous post .... Two for the price of one.

People used to say Jags could play midfield. We know how that turned out. 

I don’t think there can be any doubt he’s been brought in to play midfield though. 

4 minutes ago, Bill said:

That's why we have brought in Delph, and are bidding for Dacoure and Rakitic . ??  and like you said  Steve Jag's was better at centre half.😊

Exactly, he was brought in as a centre half who would play in midfield. This guy is a midfielder who can play centre half, but his new club have not made any reference to him playing centre half just what he can do in the middle. 

The extra midfielder will be to replace Schneiderlin. They won’t let him leave until we’ve got another. I hope we get Doucoure though, I think he’s a top player. 

16 minutes ago, Bill said:

Jags was played at right back when he came here. I believe players should be able to play other positions and the people in the know consider J-P to be a very good CH.  

Just passing on information.

He also played DCM. I’m a big believer in playing a position that you’ll depend on when you find your place, helps you know what to expect. Takes time though. 

38 minutes ago, Bill said:

Jags was played at right back when he came here. I believe players should be able to play other positions and the people in the know consider J-P to be a very good CH.  

Just passing on information.

Bill, you’ve read one thing off his agent saying his best position is a centre back. He wanted to get his player a move. It’s not information. Jags played right back when he first came to us and was atrocious. Name a game he played right back again? He didn’t. Just as JP isn’t a centre back 

33 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

Bill, you’ve read one thing off his agent saying his best position is a centre back. He wanted to get his player a move. It’s not information. Jags played right back when he first came to us and was atrocious. Name a game he played right back again? He didn’t. Just as JP isn’t a centre back 

He’s not a CB based on what? What information do you have that suggests he’s incapable of playing that position? He’s clearly been brought in primarily as a DM but I wouldn’t be so quick to rule other positions out before he even trains with the club.