IGNORED

Crystal Palace (Home) Saturday February 10th

markjazzbassist

6 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I didn't get a chance to see it out tonight so will have to wait till tomorrow, but from what I've read not as convincing as score suggests or have I got the wrong end of the stick.

We had the ball in their box more than the last ten matches combined. They had two or three chances, but we mostly kept them quiet. Thoroughly deserved win.

Gana had a great effort. Sigfy had another good effort. There were a few very good chances that we should have done better with, but overall it was much improved.

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

On today's performance? He was the worst player on the park yet again. He's got no football brain at all, at one point a Palace player made 10 yards on him before he realised he was in a good position to go close and receive the ball. All he does is stifle us on the ball. 

Our CBs were SO bad. No chance whatsoever that they do not get the lowest ratings today. Gana was miles ahead of them. Mangala was dreadful.

Turning focus to the positives, Daives really put in a shift today. So glad he got his goal. Today’s midfield 3 worked and should be the 3 from here out. (Sam will never play Beni and Morgan isn’t arsed)

35 minutes ago, plaidharper said:

Our CBs were SO bad. No chance whatsoever that they do not get the lowest ratings today. Gana was miles ahead of them. Mangala was dreadful.

Turning focus to the positives, Daives really put in a shift today. So glad he got his goal. Today’s midfield 3 worked and should be the 3 from here out. (Sam will never play Beni and Morgan isn’t arsed)

Gana isn'ttt good enough, and both aren't arsed enough. If I had to choose between the two I'd play Schneiderlin, and sub him for Beni if he shits out of anything.

It's a shame we've stifled his progress. Him and Barry would have been my preferred two in the middle, ideally with a decent replacement for Barry blooded in too. 

49 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Gana isn'tttt good enough, and both aren't arsed enough. If I had to choose between the two I'd play Schneiderlin, and sub him for Beni if he shits out of anything.

It's a shame we've stifled his progress. Him and Barry would have been my preferred two in the middle, ideally with a decent replacement for Barry blooded in too. 

Results suggest choosing Schneiderlin over Gana would be madness. 

1 hour ago, nogs said:

Currently down under so 3pm games are some ungodly hour here... Delighted to wake up to a very important win. Pretty glaringly obvious what our best team/formation is now, fully expect changes at Watford... 

Where abouts are you mate? 

Bailey that’s one hell of a review. You pop your card into Sams office. Picked up on the finer points of football that many miss.

Just a note on Niasses goals as well. Love his effort, but he looks to the far post, the ball hots him on the side of the head and goes I to the bear post. Either a reward for hard work... or if he meant that, then move over Messi, Ronaldo and the rest, that’s a world class dummy haha!

Great work Bailey. The average position map is absolutely fascinating, thank you for posting.

We can argue about Gana and Schneiderlin all day but whichever player you prefer, no one can argue they should be on the field at the same time.

If we play anything but a back 4 and one holding mid for the last 11 games Sam is a bigger arse than words can describe. Stop changing shit, put your best 11 out there and may the best team win. 

Possibly the first game this season that I felt we were going to win from the first few minutes in. We seemed to play the easy pass more often and not putting ourselves in trouble unnecessarily, apart from a couple of occasions, Mangalas under hit back pass being one of them. I felt we played more as a team unit, I even will go as far to say Martina had a good game, grenated he wasn't tested too much.

The only player that looked uncomfortable for me was Keane, it took him well in to the second half to win a header, and his distribution was awful, rabbit in headlights springs to mind, he clearly is lacking confidence.

Theo drives us forward at every opportunity and with menace, his link up play with both Coleman and Kenny was good and holds well for the future.

Niasse ran his ass off, very unorthodox but caused Palace problems all the way through the game.

Rooney, Gana and Davies ran the midfield well, probably our best option at the moment, and a good game from Siggy, he seems to be settling in OK now.

Pickford was Pickford, solid and gives a feeling of confidence, his distribution was better then in recent weeks.

Only dissapointment was not seeing Tosun getting some game time, yesterday was the ideal time to build his confidence after the third goal, we could have dropped Rooney or Davies deeper to play Ganas role at that stage.

More of the same at Watford please

8 hours ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

Great work Bailey. The average position map is absolutely fascinating, thank you for posting.

We can argue about Gana and Schneiderlin all day but whichever player you prefer, no one can argue they should be on the field at the same time.

If we play anything but a back 4 and one holding mid for the last 11 games Sam is a bigger arse than words can describe. Stop changing shit, put your best 11 out there and may the best team win. 

The more I look at it the more surprising it is. If I knew the players but hadnt watched the game I would have expected Walcott to be the one ahead of the striker and not Siggy because logically you would expect it to be the pacey finisher not the slower/between the lines player.