IGNORED

Summer Transfer Window

Aidan

18 hours ago, Aidan said:

Would people be opposed to bringing in Stones either on a loan or permanent transfer? 

I think that it would be a great shout if they don't want him. Im not sure what is going on at City because rumours are that Garcia wants to leave.

17 hours ago, Matt said:

I think he and Keane would be a good balance. Don’t watch England so no idea if they’ve played together before. 

apparently Rudiger might be leaving Chelsea, but don’t know much about him

I'm not a fan of Rudiger. He is quick and strong but he is rash. The impression I get of him is that he doesn't have a good enough footballing brain.

2 hours ago, Gwlad all over said:

I've said it before but I'd take Zouma.

Per the Chelsea forum he was their best defender by the end of last season so I doubt they'd part with him. Also, Keane has been very solid of late and Holgate should be back in a couple months so you're gonna pay a lot of money for a position where you will have a lot of options eventually. For me a good loan player is best. Surely Holgate, Keane, Mina, Branthwaite is enough in the long view.

46 minutes ago, SpartyBlue said:

Per the Chelsea forum he was their best defender by the end of last season so I doubt they'd part with him. Also, Keane has been very solid of late and Holgate should be back in a couple months so you're gonna pay a lot of money for a position where you will have a lot of options eventually. For me a good loan player is best. Surely Holgate, Keane, Mina, Branthwaite is enough in the long view.

A loan is my preferred option at the moment, Mina doesn’t do it for me as Saturday proved, wouldn’t be too fussed if he gets moved on.

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

i'm not looking for any big signings, just one CB on loan.  i do hope we unload the unwanted players though.  get the wages off or get rid.  cancel contracts if you must, just get em outta here.

Cancelling contracts is very expensive. You’ll have to pay them every penny they are owed. If we don’t sell now we may get the chance to get some money back or at least a free transfer in January, saving the club millions in wages and helping towards financial fair play. 

7 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

i'm not looking for any big signings, just one CB on loan.  i do hope we unload the unwanted players though.  get the wages off or get rid.  cancel contracts if you must, just get em outta here.

5 hours ago, StevO said:

Cancelling contracts is very expensive. You’ll have to pay them every penny they are owed. If we don’t sell now we may get the chance to get some money back or at least a free transfer in January, saving the club millions in wages and helping towards financial fair play. 

Another interesting difference between UK and American sports. In the US as mark suggests we're much more willing to cancel and pay out contracts. The idea being those players are taking reps from other players who could develop. It's worth noting the systems are different though as most American sports teams have 'professional' minor league teams (think of it like Everton would also field a team in League 1 and all of those players would be eligible to play in the Premier League at all times) rather than drawing directly from a youth team. Key difference i'd imagine. 

6 hours ago, StevO said:

i'm sorry i worded that poorly.  i believe in the uk it's called mutual contract ending or something like that.  basically the player and team agree to just nullify the contract (no money or very little paid out) so they can move on and play football somewhere else.  i agree that paying out the rest of the contract isn't a good idea, just better to loan/sell them.

43 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

i'm sorry i worded that poorly.  i believe in the uk it's called mutual contract ending or something like that.  basically the player and team agree to just nullify the contract (no money or very little paid out) so they can move on and play football somewhere else.  i agree that paying out the rest of the contract isn't a good idea, just better to loan/sell them.

Im sure the club could ask. But how many players will walk away from money that the club have already agreed to pay them? The players we want shut of all have nice contracts that they won’t get at their next club. If they also run the contract to the end they will get a better signing on fee at their next club. It’s worth more to players like Gylfi, Bolasie, Besic and Sandro to drag it out here. I think this is why it doesn’t tend to happen. 
I don’t blame the players for this either, the club agreed to pay them and they want every penny. 

1 minute ago, StevO said:

Im sure the club could ask. But how many players will walk away from money that the club have already agreed to pay them? The players we want shut of all have nice contracts that they won’t get at their next club. If they also run the contract to the end they will get a better signing on fee at their next club. It’s worth more to players like Gylfi, Bolasie, Besic and Sandro to drag it out here. I think this is why it doesn’t tend to happen. 
I don’t blame the players for this either, the club agreed to pay them and they want every penny. 

Take the emotion out of it and everyone would do the same. It's not the players fault that they have been put on a big contract and if the shoe was on the other foot the club would have no problem transfer listing them and telling them to leave.

The trouble we have is that the players know themselves that they are on crazy contracts, Sandro has scored 1 goal in 3 years (off the top of my head) yet he's on £100,000 a week. There's no way he's finding that money elsewhere so you can't blame him for not walking away from it. 

6 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

i understand that, i think for me i could still be a rich millionaire playing for real sociedad instead of everton, it would be 1m less a year sure, but in that wage bracket you're making/made so much whats the difference?

About 1m a year :). Most of these guys are trying to earn enough to make a life for their grandkids. Squeezing everything you can out of a pretty short career seems to be the norm in all sports. 

I still see us needing a RW and CB to be honest - both on loans for now.

CB on loan (with option to buy maybe) so we can assess options at the end of the season to see how our younger CBs are developing.

RW on loan purely due to lack of assumed funds (if funds are there I'd buy in this position) - Dont necessarily see James as being our starting RW each game and Theo fails to delivery time and time again. His performance vs Salford for shocking.

If any fringe players leave then these need to be replaced too (Kenny, Kean, Theo, Iwobi, Lossl).

The other squad fillers can go without replacements I feel

7 hours ago, SpartyBlue said:

About 1m a year :). Most of these guys are trying to earn enough to make a life for their grandkids. Squeezing everything you can out of a pretty short career seems to be the norm in all sports. 

It has nothing to Do with how much and everything to do with how you invest it.  Most will go broke sadly, at least those are the American stats.

54 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

It has nothing to Do with how much and everything to do with how you invest it.  Most will go broke sadly, at least those are the American stats.

Those aren’t even close to the American stats. You hear about it occassionslly because it makes better news than “Former athlete invests wisely” but it’s not the norm. You’ve gotta try pretty hard to blow the 10’s of millions an NFL or MLB player makes which is why it’s such a story when it happens. 

IN: Nkounkou, Allan, James, Doucoure
OUT: Schneiderlin, Hornby, Baines (retired), Dowell
LOAN IN: 
LOAN OUT: Markelo, Gibson, Adeniran

YOUTH: 
YOUTH pro deals: Markelo, Ouzounidis, Quirk, Kristensen, McAllister, Hagan, Onyango, Kouyate, Whitaker, Welch
CONTRACT EXT: Branthwaite, Keane, Gordon, J Virginia

OFFICIALLY RELEASED: Stekelenberg(Ajax), Niasse, Martina, Garbutt (Blackpool), Feeney (Sunderland), Denny (Salford), Foulds, Adedoyin (Sheff Wed), Mampala, Phillips (Huddersfield)

32 minutes ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

IN: Nkounkou, Allan, James, Doucoure
OUT: Schneiderlin, Hornby, Baines (retired), Dowell
LOAN IN: 
LOAN OUT: Markelo, Gibson, Adeniran

YOUTH: 
YOUTH pro deals: Markelo, Ouzounidis, Quirk, Kristensen, McAllister, Hagan, Onyango, Kouyate, Whitaker, Welch
CONTRACT EXT: Branthwaite, Keane, Gordon, J Virginia

OFFICIALLY RELEASED: Stekelenberg(Ajax), Niasse, Martina, Garbutt (Blackpool), Feeney (Sunderland), Denny (Salford), Foulds, Adedoyin (Sheff Wed), Mampala, Phillips (Huddersfield)

I’d expect we get a CB for sure and I’d think at least a couple of senior players leave the club. It would surprise me a little bit if we did anything beyond that as far as the senior team unless Kean left or something.

10 minutes ago, SpartyBlue said:

I’d expect we get a CB for sure and I’d think at least a couple of senior players leave the club. It would surprise me a little bit if we did anything beyond that as far as the senior team unless Kean left or something.

Agreed. Gibson and Adeniran are a good start but lots left to sort out. Connolly, Pennington, Bowler, Beni, Besic, Bolasie, Sandro, Tosun and loans - Simms and Broadhead