IGNORED

Lucas Digne

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, chicagoblue said:

Any word on the injury he suffered after coming on for France?

edit: Apparently not too serious.  May feature again if France get past the Swiss

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/lucas-digne-everton-injury-euros-20908683

Saw him on an exercise bike on his Instagram, so definitely nothing serious. 

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, MC11 said:

I’ve held back from raising concerns about his performances over the past 18-24months because there is/was a really really top player in there. 

But you can’t get a pass because of reputation. Lucas Digne has been very very poor for a long time and today’s performance was shocking 

I’ve said it in the past he hasn’t found the form of his first season with us. 

5 hours ago, MC11 said:

I’ve held back from raising concerns about his performances over the past 18-24months because there is/was a really really top player in there. 

But you can’t get a pass because of reputation. Lucas Digne has been very very poor for a long time and today’s performance was shocking 

Agree

Also we can’t forget the pairing of Baines and Pienaar and how we would love to see that recreated so for anyone playing in their positions they have a lot to live up to, I thought we had came  close to that in Digne on his first season but he  hasn’t lived up to the brilliant season since with us. Shame really I see him now as very average LB to be honest he has the ability we’ve seen it, can only think it’s a mentality thing. Baines had years of being consistent with his own game regardless of who or what played around him he never let it effect his own game, shame we haven’t seen that from Digne, I would go as far to say that the best and most consistent LB we had last season was Godfrey, if you have the opportunity to revisit the games Godfrey played as LB you will see nobody got past him he was solid. 

• 3 weeks later...