IGNORED

Lucas Digne

9 hours ago, Matt said:

Unfortunately already here. Watch it again and then tell me it wasn’t intended 

27 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Defo after Intended, I could do that at my level... I’m sure pro footballers are capable of it.

I didn't say it wasn't intended. 

Thats not the point at all. The only thing Digne could do was head the ball, not to mention the fact it was played behind him. He even had 1 leg out of play.

How Digne got it to Gordon was a miracle. How he got it to another blue shirt is a miracle. How he managed to just generally not cause a turnover was pretty incredible. 

It was a terrible decision to play the ball to where he did but it is one that he got away with because of the brilliance of Digne. 

37 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I didn't say it wasn't intended. 

Thats not the point at all. The only thing Digne could do was head the ball, not to mention the fact it was played behind him. He even had 1 leg out of play.

How Digne got it to Gordon was a miracle. How he got it to another blue shirt is a miracle. How he managed to just generally not cause a turnover was pretty incredible. 

It was a terrible decision to play the ball to where he did but it is one that he got away with because of the brilliance of Digne. 

If you look at Holgate's eyes and the fact that the defender cut off a ball along the ground I think you have to give him the benefit of the doubt for the chip; certainly it wasn't inch perfect as Lucas had to move back a few feet but how many passes are inch perfect? Watched it multiple times and I have to side with Mason, it wasn't a perfect pass but it was pretty damn good and Digne's reaction made it perfect.

2 hours ago, Shukes said:

Pretty bog standard header for me. Nothing miraculous about it, easy to control a header of that pace. Not taking anything away from Digne for it, just don’t see anything special there.

Agreed at the time I never felt that something incredible had happened leading up to the goal, and having revisited it I still don’t.  

On 04/07/2020 at 23:47, MikeO said:

If you look at Holgate's eyes and the fact that the defender cut off a ball along the ground I think you have to give him the benefit of the doubt for the chip; certainly it wasn't inch perfect as Lucas had to move back a few feet but how many passes are inch perfect? Watched it multiple times and I have to side with Mason, it wasn't a perfect pass but it was pretty damn good and Digne's reaction made it perfect.

On 05/07/2020 at 11:06, Shukes said:

Pretty bog standard header for me. Nothing miraculous about it, easy to control a header of that pace. Not taking anything away from Digne for it, just don’t see anything special there.

On 05/07/2020 at 13:18, Palfy said:

Agreed at the time I never felt that something incredible had happened leading up to the goal, and having revisited it I still don’t.  

I'm bloody glad I have never played football with you lot! 

We might need to check Holgate's passport though, as he is clearly Brazilian!

3 minutes ago, Bailey said:

That's the thing though isn't it, had a Brazilian defender done it you'd think he meant it, but because it was Mason from Doncaster it was pure luck.

10 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I'm bloody glad I have never played football with you lot! 

😂 If you had played football with me you would have to of been bloody good, maybe that’s why you never played with me😉

4 hours ago, MikeO said:

That's the thing though isn't it, had a Brazilian defender done it you'd think he meant it, but because it was Mason from Doncaster it was pure luck.

No, I know he meant to play it to him, maybe not quite where he did, my point is that it was a poor decision because 99/100 its a turnover. 

It was a poor decision and average ball made to look good by the work of Digne. 

Anyways let's put this one on the agree to disagree pile. Might need a step ladder :)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

Its a sad reflection of media these days, everything is sensationalised, scrutinised, every expert and non expert has an opinion they want to shout about and share with anybody who will listen. The truths of an issue does now seem to be overly important. Why let the truth get in the way of a good story!! 

It the 21st centry version of the lynch mod. All played out on social media.

I always feel sorry for any individual who get caught in these crossfires of social outcry - whether it be fooballers, celebrities or politisons.

agreed, also would like to add the "cancel culture" whereby someone does one thing wrong and society writes them off completely.  one of the many reasons i don't participate in social media any more.

On 20/10/2020 at 13:25, RuffRob said:

Its a sad reflection of media these days, everything is sensationalised, scrutinised, every expert and non expert has an opinion they want to shout about and share with anybody who will listen. The truths of an issue does now seem to be overly important. Why let the truth get in the way of a good story!! 

It the 21st centry version of the lynch mod. All played out on social media.

I always feel sorry for any individual who get caught in these crossfires of social outcry - whether it be fooballers, celebrities or politisons.

They will all temporarily do "be nice" soundbites like they did after Caroline flack.

It's very easy to get roped in.  Take for example the "Sean promise" lad, offering to straighten Pickford out to VVD..... It works 2 ways. 

1.  He's threatening a players safety. This impacts on the players mental welfare

2.  He's now the subject of numerous tweets and ridicule which is going to impact on his wellbeing 

Very fragile ground.