IGNORED

Lucas Digne

3 hours ago, Heath said:

I felt it was a poor decision to play Digne against Man Utd today and was surprised to see him in the starting 11 if I'm honest. Even the mildest of groin injuries can flare up again fairly easily with a bit of an over stretch to block through a ball, etc. Mind you, it was nice to see Baines rolling back the years and pushing forward now and then. Just hope Digne gets rested properly and comes back fully fit and prepared for us.

No chance he would’ve played today if we didn’t have so many players out. The gamble backfired but I don’t blame Ferguson in the slightest. 

28 minutes ago, Bill said:

Shinnies = Shin pads in the old days.  Talking about shinnies I never used to have them when I played, i used a couple of Magazines folded in half and shoved down my socks.  The good old days hey .😁

Bloody hell, I saw that as match attack cards hahaha! Shinnies!!!! Been a long week haha.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone else heard this that Digne is looking for a move to Lyon, apparently he’s been interested in this weeks before Silva was sacked, Ancelotti is talking to him to convince him that his future is here. 
That could explain why is form as been poor of late is he  playing like someone who doesn’t want to be here?

13 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Has anyone else heard this that Digne is looking for a move to Lyon, apparently he’s been interested in this weeks before Silva was sacked, Ancelotti is talking to him to convince him that his future is here. 
That could explain why is form as been poor of late is he  playing like someone who doesn’t want to be here?

Noticed his poor form. If he wants to go it’s a shame, but no point keeping a player if he doesn’t want to be here. Need maximum profit for him though. 

4 hours ago, Palfy said:

4 hours ago, StevO said:

Noticed his poor form. If he wants to go it’s a shame, but no point keeping a player if he doesn’t want to be here. Need maximum profit for him though. 

He's pulled up with injuries twice and has been playing through them for the most part - even having to come off against Chelsea as he couldn't continue.

I can buy into the idea that he wanted to leave under Silva but now that we have Ancelotti? Not a chance. He's moved from Barcelona to Roma to Everton in rather quick succession so I doubt he would want to up sticks and move for the fourth time - not to mention that he now has a newborn son so would presumably want to settle for a while. 

One of Carlo's demands was that Moise Kean, Richarlison and Lucas Digne would not be sold in any future window so I'd be absolutely baffled if he even so much as spoke about a departure.

I'd also argue that he's not in poor form at all, just playing like somebody who badly needs a rest. 

Edit: I forgot to add that it won't be Lyon as they couldn't afford him. He's one of the best left backs in the league and with inflation the way it is we would be quite reasonable starting the price at £70-80 million which a French club (other than PSG) won't pay. He would probably need to halve his wages too to make the switch. Not to mention that with respect, Ligue 1 is a massive step backwards to the Premier League. 

10 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

He's pulled up with injuries twice and has been playing through them for the most part - even having to come off against Chelsea as he couldn't continue.

I can buy into the idea that he wanted to leave under Silva but now that we have Ancelotti? Not a chance. He's moved from Barcelona to Roma to Everton in rather quick succession so I doubt he would want to up sticks and move for the fourth time - not to mention that he now has a newborn son so would presumably want to settle for a while. 

One of Carlo's demands was that Moise Kean, Richarlison and Lucas Digne would not be sold in any future window so I'd be absolutely baffled if he even so much as spoke about a departure.

I'd also argue that he's not in poor form at all, just playing like somebody who badly needs a rest. 

I hope you’re right mate. 
Id have liked Baines to keep his place for another couple of games, let Digne come back in against City after plenty of rest. Up until the Chelsea game he looked knackered. 

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

Lyon?! Makes absolutely no sense. I call bullshit on those rumours. His poor form is a mix of bad management, injuries, fatigue, frustration, and missing Bernard. 

On 27/12/2019 at 06:58, Palfy said:

Agree with what others have posted.  Lyon would be an odd choice.  In the bottom half of their table in a weaker league.  He is going to want to keep his place in the French team so I would assume he would want to have the highest profile possible.

On 02/01/2020 at 20:39, plaidharper said:

Agree with what others have posted.  Lyon would be an odd choice.  In the bottom half of their table in a weaker league.  He is going to want to keep his place in the French team so I would assume he would want to have the highest profile possible.

If he stays here and carries on playing like he has this season he will be dropped from the French team anyway, he’s looked like a lost little boy lately, Baines has looked a more accomplished player when he has had his opportunities, I can’t believe that the management haven’t noticed that. 

3 hours ago, Hafnia said:

One player I thought would be immune to the general malaise that is rife in our club...... seems to have been infected.

You know what Haf for the last three and a half years Everton has been a hard place to come to, whether you’re a manager or a player they all seem to start well but ultimately fail.

What is so hard that they can’t flourish and succeed here no matter how good they are, it’s fucking scary and if it carries on no one will want to come here anyway, we will be classed as the club to end your career. 

13 minutes ago, Palfy said:

You know what Haf for the last three and a half years Everton has been a hard place to come to, whether you’re a manager or a player they all seem to start well but ultimately fail.

What is so hard that they can’t flourish and succeed here no matter how good they are, it’s fucking scary and if it carries on no one will want to come here anyway, we will be classed as the club to end your career. 

Funny you say that when Tim Cahill signed for us, he said at the time everyone told him not to join the club was bad news.

6 hours ago, Palfy said:

If he stays here and carries on playing like he has this season he will be dropped from the French team anyway, he’s looked like a lost little boy lately, Baines has looked a more accomplished player when he has had his opportunities, I can’t believe that the management haven’t noticed that. 

Baines should be playing now. Digne needs a break, he’s just not at the same level. 

7 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Go to any job...  go in with a can-do hardworking attitude and if there are 3 to 4 people in the team out of 12-13 who are there for the ride - you will eventually be that person.

Schneiderlein is carrying the remnants of the mirallas, Williams, eto era

47 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Go to any job...  go in with a can-do hardworking attitude and if there are 3 to 4 people in the team out of 12-13 who are there for the ride - you will eventually be that person.

Schneiderlein is carrying the remnants of the mirallas, Williams, eto era

Your right get surrounded by to much shit and you start to become over whelmed by shit and before you know it you are the shit, Ancelotti needs to be our equivalent of Dyno Rod and clear the shit out fast. 

14 hours ago, Sibdane said:

He's burnt out plain and simple. He's carried the burden of being our most consistent player and being apart of "the future" only to have seen the team getting worse and worse. 

I think this.

Hes got real quality - we all know it. 
It’s not a lack of effort right now with him either, it’s just not clicking. Last season was his first full season and perhaps the pace of the prem, added with the fixture congestion is the cause for his slump right now. He’s a top pro and seems like a winner but we really, really need him to find himself and find his level again. 

3 hours ago, Shukes said:

I don’t think he’s playing that bad. I just think the rest of the team are so bad that nothing comes off for him. He is still trying and putting effort in. But the players around him are making him look bad.

There’s a bit of that going on, but he has been very poor of late, as someone who has worn the armband on a good few occasions you would want to see some aggression and shouting at others around him as Coleman does, but nothing he looks completely devoid of any emotions or spark, he’s basically given up and given in to what’s happening around him. 

3 hours ago, Palfy said:

There’s a bit of that going on, but he has been very poor of late, as someone who has worn the armband on a good few occasions you would want to see some aggression and shouting at others around him as Coleman does, but nothing he looks completely devoid of any emotions or spark, he’s basically given up and given in to what’s happening around him. 

This I don't agree with. He hasn't been playing up to his level lately, but you can tell he cares, and you do see him getting frustrated with his teammates. 

On 07/01/2020 at 07:47, Shukes said:

I don’t think he’s playing that bad. I just think the rest of the team are so bad that nothing comes off for him. He is still trying and putting effort in. But the players around him are making him look bad.

I agree. 

Early in the game on Sunday he put a ball into Sidibe who being a right back fucked it up when it should have been a good chance. 

After that he realised he had Richarlison in front of him and there is no point running past him as he won't pass it and is more likely to use it at the moment. Like the midfielders, you aren't going to support the man with the ball if your expecting them to lose it just as you get there.