IGNORED

Moise Kean

37 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

It’s vital we get a striker in tomorrow now. 

I think there is a significant chance we treat Richie as our “backup” striker the way Spurs seem to do with Son and just roll with that until the January window when we will have more time. In any case I’m sure they had a plan before Kean was allowed to leave. 

14 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

Not saying I agree but bolasie is big enough for CF, Walcott has played there before, we have Sandro on the books.  We have strikers they are just shite, but we might be pressed into keeping one of them.

In general I’d like to see Bolassie stay and Walcott go but it seems like the reverse is more likely.

12 hours ago, SpartyBlue said:

I think there is a significant chance we treat Richie as our “backup” striker the way Spurs seem to do with Son and just roll with that until the January window when we will have more time. In any case I’m sure they had a plan before Kean was allowed to leave. 

The concern I have with this is that this then pulls Richarlison away from a role is playing really well at the moment (which someone else on here pointed out previously). I certainly wouldn't mind that as an option but I wouldn't like to have to rely upon that happening either. The difference in quality and work rate from Richarlison to the next best is quite a big jump!

Like you say though, I am sure there is a plan and if not, I am sure Carlo will find a solution!

31 minutes ago, Bailey said:

The concern I have with this is that this then pulls Richarlison away from a role is playing really well at the moment (which someone else on here pointed out previously). I certainly wouldn't mind that as an option but I wouldn't like to have to rely upon that happening either. The difference in quality and work rate from Richarlison to the next best is quite a big jump!

Like you say though, I am sure there is a plan and if not, I am sure Carlo will find a solution!

I don’t think it’s ideal either but on short time I can see this being the “plan” until January. If given the option between that and panic buying the next niasse/ tosun/ sandro I’d rather wait. Maybe you keep Simms around for the first half of the season just in case (I think this may be the plan regardless).

5 hours ago, SpartyBlue said:

I don’t think it’s ideal either but on short time I can see this being the “plan” until January. If given the option between that and panic buying the next niasse/ tosun/ sandro I’d rather wait. Maybe you keep Simms around for the first half of the season just in case (I think this may be the plan regardless).

I completely get your point. If everyone stays fit then that would work really well but pick up injuries and the depth looks really short.

In respect of Simms, if he was part of the plans he would have started a cup game. I don't see it happening personally and I think you are more likely to see someone else be pushed forward.

I would also hope our scouts have done better than those 3 mentioned! 

17 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I am genuinely baffled that people aren't more concerned about the lack of depth up front. It's non-existent.

I agree with you, but Carlo obviously didn’t think Kean was the answer as credible cover or he wouldn’t have let go out on loan, even if we don’t get someone in in the last hour he will have a plan of what to do if we suffer injuries in that position. 

8 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I agree with you, but Carlo obviously didn’t think Kean was the answer as credible cover or he wouldn’t have let go out on loan, even if we don’t get someone in in the last hour he will have a plan of what to do if we suffer injuries in that position. 

And I agree with letting Kean go. Lets face it, half the time he barely looked like a footballer and has been a huge disappointment. But he should've been replaced with someone that was credible cover.

Just now, SpartyBlue said:

I think there is a pretty reasonable chance we make a strong push for Josh King. 11 days to do so. 

I'm not a huge fan of Josh King but at this point I'd take him. If he's happy to be a bench player then he's useful in that role, and even if he's needed for an extended period of time, while it wouldn't be ideal it also wouldn't be the end of the world.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/everton-complicated-moise-kean-father-explains-psg-switch/

WTF is Mosie Kean's old man on about!!! This transfer gets stranger by the day!!

image.png.6fe18e0bcc12df350f831420dad17c33.png

so move to PSG to be behind Mbeppe, Neymar and Icaradi is the answer, because he don't like the fact DCL is ahead of him at Everton. 

His old man doesn't appear to the sharpest tool in the box

1 hour ago, RuffRob said:

http://sportwitness.co.uk/everton-complicated-moise-kean-father-explains-psg-switch/

WTF is Mosie Kean's old man on about!!! This transfer gets stranger by the day!!

so move to PSG to be behind Mbeppe, Neymar and Icaradi is the answer, because he don't like the fact DCL is ahead of him at Everton. 

He is right. He needs to be at a lesser team to get chances. 
He has more chance of getting game time against Neymar and Mbappe than against DCL and Richie.

1 hour ago, RuffRob said:

we hired more expnesive and more experienced strikers?  1.5m DCL???  what the fuck?

kean was the more expensive striker, he was a flop.

1 minute ago, markjazzbassist said:

we hired more expnesive and more experienced strikers?  1.5m DCL???  what the fuck?

kean was the more expensive striker, he was a flop.

I know, the Kean's don't appear to the the brightest of families. Thanks be to God, that this seasons his super agent Riaola has now found a less complicated club, with less expensive and less experienced players in front of him. Just how does he do it!!!

Did he get a nice little fee for organising it for him! He knows how to manage your son alright. Thanks be to God indeed for super agents looking after talented young players. 

3 hours ago, RuffRob said:

I read it as he found it hard to adjust to the UK, lockdown probably made it harder.

Wants to be playing.

To be fair a year at PSG will help make him a better player, I think he will get more games as they are in the Champs League. It will also give him some life experience. All of which helps us when he comes back next year, hopefully we will be playing in Europe and he will get more games.

1 hour ago, London Blue said:

I read it as he found it hard to adjust to the UK, lockdown probably made it harder.

Wants to be playing.

To be fair a year at PSG will help make him a better player, I think he will get more games as they are in the Champs League. It will also give him some life experience. All of which helps us when he comes back next year, hopefully we will be playing in Europe and he will get more games.

i doubt he plays for us again, he will be off after PSG likely back to italy.  Mina Raiola is no mug, he gets more money if his client moves again.

7 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

i doubt he plays for us again, he will be off after PSG likely back to italy.  Mina Raiola is no mug, he gets more money if his client moves again.

Maybe, depends if we qualify for Europe or not. If he does amazingly well and a top European team come calling then he has 3 years left on his contract and we will make some money on him. If not then he comes back to us where we will need him.

45 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Wants to be playing.

Hearing a big thanks to everybody, even God, for getting him out of Goodison. But not one positive comment coming from his camp about Everton or the people at Everton. 

Lets not be naïve, Mosie Kean can't get out the door quick enough. There was a quote leading up to the transfer, he wanted to move at 'any cost'. The painful truth is Juventus most likely where not willing to pay anywhere near what we paid for him last season to take him back, so that deal didn't materialise. Money bags PSG are going to have a punt on him thank to Riaola (they might owe him a favour or he's managed to sell him to them), his wages for 12months is peanuts to them, so why not have a good look at him and see if last summers hype about him was the real deal. If we are lucky they might take a shine to him - but given his showing both on and off the pitch in the 12months he has been with us I am not holding my breath, I am pretty sure he will let himself down once he realise there are even more better players ahead of him at PSG and game time will also not be easy to come by there, unless you earn it.  

The CL is not the Carabo cup, you don't play second string players in that competition. MK will not be starting CL games for PSG, (maybe one game at the end of the group stages is you have already run away with the group and its a dead duck). He might get some sub appearances once PSG have games won.

Moving to a new city, country and language (I assume his English is most likely better than his French?) during a continued period of local lockdowns and social distancing make little sense if leaving us because he's finding it hard to adjust and home. Going back to Italy I could understand, Paris I don't.  He's already done the hardest year with regard to settling in, he has one of the worlds best managers to learn from, an Italian manager at that, he is actually at a club where there isn't 3 or 4 world class strikers in front of him, if he knuckles down and is good enough game time would have come, and the club actually want him. We are the perfect environment for somebody like him at this stage of his career. There has to be more to it than this.  

I can actually put up with players coming here and in the end turning out to be a bit shit - you pay your money and you take your chances. One think I really hate is fans being made a mug of, and my spider sense is telling me we are somehow being mugged off a little my the Moise Kean circus. 

I would like to see us get most of our money back on him, so I really really hope I am wrong. But my rose tinted Moise Kean glasses came off a long time ago. I will believe him coming back a better player and wanting to fight for a starting place at Goodison when I see it. I think he will find that discipline and hard work will also be needed in Paris and even then you might not get on the pitch much - so I have my doubts he will be particularly happy there either. 

You might of gathered his old man's comments have pissed me off. rant over. 

I’d really like to see Simms get a bit of game time and compare his cameo performances against Kean. I’m not saying Simms is ready for the prem but I’d just love to see the difference between an academy player and £30 million “wonder kid”

39 minutes ago, Btay said:

I’d really like to see Simms get a bit of game time and compare his cameo performances against Kean. I’m not saying Simms is ready for the prem but I’d just love to see the difference between an academy player and £30 million “wonder kid”

It starts on the training ground, do we know if Simm's has been invited to train with the first team at all.