IGNORED

Moise Kean

2 hours ago, Haiku said:

I still don't fancy him. I have absolutely no ground to say that, but my intuition says that he's the next Mario Balotelli. We better cash in while his price tag is high.

Agreed. I made sure to pay attention to him yesterday and while I see the potential I don't see it coming to anything. His ceiling/floor is crazy. If he reaches his potential he could be Lukaku/Suarez but like Haiku I just have a feeling he'll flame out into Balotelli/Huntelaar. 

7 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

He needs to have a good honest conversation with Ancellotti, we hold the cards but if he wants to be a focal point of the team he has to show that he's prepared to commit.  Can't help but feel that a year in Paris playing champions League with neymar and mbappe will make him far too big time. 

He left playing with Ronaldo at bigger club than psg to join us. 

Think it'll be more down to how hard he's willing to play. Would you rather play against the best every week and score half as many goals, or play against farmers and score for fun.

Did anyone watch the match? Weird watching them, because he doesn’t seem to be very good at all.... but keeps scoring. 
Last night was a perfect example, hardly did anything worth while, then literally gets a free header. 
Hard to work the player out for me. Just don't see anything in him that suggests he could do well in the premier league.

On 17/02/2021 at 08:56, Bailey said:

I find it a bit surreal that Kean is starting a Champions League game against Barcelona under Pochettino and he barely kicked a ball for us.

He's always had the ability. He's another player for whom confidence means everything, and his time at Everton was mostly ruined by wholly inept managers.

On 17/02/2021 at 22:07, Shukes said:

Did anyone watch the match? Weird watching them, because he doesn’t seem to be very good at all.... but keeps scoring. 
Last night was a perfect example, hardly did anything worth while, then literally gets a free header. 
Hard to work the player out for me. Just don't see anything in him that suggests he could do well in the premier league.

That’s sometimes all you want from a striker to get you goals, and if they can offer a lot more on top of that it’s a bonus. 

11 hours ago, Palfy said:

That’s sometimes all you want from a striker to get you goals, and if they can offer a lot more on top of that it’s a bonus. 

Not sure that cuts it at premier league level mate. Jena could finish the type of chances Kean is scoring easily enough.

Watch the next PSG match and see what you think. Put it this way.... Gana is looking world class next to him 😉

6 hours ago, Shukes said:

Not sure that cuts it at premier league level mate. Jena could finish the type of chances Kean is scoring easily enough.

Watch the next PSG match and see what you think. Put it this way.... Gana is looking world class next to him 😉

Jena? Am I being thick?

11 hours ago, Shukes said:

Fair enough.

To me he needs to work on his finishing. His strengths are his hold up play and his arial ability. 
Bit i accept that we all see players differently, and that mine may not be right.

I’ve not really worded my response right, been very busy with the move etc. So I’ll retry...

You’re absolutely right. But if he’s got that one touch option around the 6 yard box, there are very few that put it away as well as he does and few that get into the positions as well as he does too. His movement to get into those positions isn’t instinctive, nor is his ability to one-touch finish. But, all that said, with Carlo and Duncs tutelage, but mostly his work ethic and character, he’s turned his finishing into a big strength. Maybe not his biggest, but the improvement on even 2 years ago, when he was looking like a good partner for a striker, is vast. And he’s only just turning 24 next month. He’s turning into a potential legend. 

1 minute ago, Matt said:

I’ve not really worded my response right, been very busy with the move etc. So I’ll retry...

You’re absolutely right. But if he’s got that one touch option around the 6 yard box, there are very few that put it away as well as he does and few that get into the positions as well as he does too. His movement to get into those positions isn’t instinctive, nor is his ability to one-touch finish. But, all that said, with Carlo and Duncs tutelage, but mostly his work ethic and character, he’s turned his finishing into a big strength. Maybe not his biggest, but the improvement on even 2 years ago, when he was looking like a good partner for a striker, is vast. And he’s only just turning 24 next month. He’s turning into a potential legend. 

It really helps that he clearly loves being an Everton player and that love has obviously added to his determination to prove himself with us, and be a goal scorer for us.