IGNORED

Carlo Ancelotti

@milesey05 said it in the Leeds thread, but Carlo not playing James today was spot-on tactically. It seems a no-brainer, to not play someone who's work rate isn't that great against a team who is all work rate, but we've had plenty of managers the last few years who wouldn't have thought twice about it and thrown James out there just because he's James. 

Brilliant piece of management by Carlo Fantastico. 

2 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

@milesey05 said it in the Leeds thread, but Carlo not playing James today was spot-on tactically. It seems a no-brainer, to not play someone who's work rate isn't that great against a team who is all work rate, but we've had plenty of managers the last few years who wouldn't have thought twice about it and thrown James out there just because he's James. 

Careful mate, if you question his defensive efforts you’ll be lynched. Team has to adapt to him don’t forget...

15 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Without trying to sound like I’m knocking James I think it would have been a different result with him in the team and Carlo new that, I expect he will start against Utd where he will have more space and time to show his ability and get us attacking them from defence splitting passes. 

1 hour ago, Gwlad all over said:

Seems he didn't want to crow when we were in front, too much respect for Mourinho or any opposing managers for that matter. Pundits go on about how how liked he is but I always sense the subtext "why have Everton got him" ☺️

They can’t believe it can they.  The best signing we’ve made in decades, finally turning this club around.

1 hour ago, StevO said:

Fucking scum, anyone who breaks into someone’s home, regardless of who’s home, are just worthless scum. 

I’ve been burgled twice first time when we were at work and the kids were at school, second time we were in bed the kids had left home but we had our 3 year old granddaughter staying, you know how it is when you’re missus wakes you up with the words of there’s some one in the house, and you say I can’t hear anything and roll over again job done, not this time panicked missus pushes me again, so okay I’ll have a look get up look out the bedroom window and see 2 lads are legging it across the road towards the fields and copses, quickly pull boxers on run down stairs grab the biggest knife out the kitchen and I’m off after them, running through wood’s and fields in the dark with nothing on my feet not a great decision spent 20 minutes or so looking then headed back home feet not in a very good shape. 
Get home and  the police are there a bloke and a woman, the male copper sees the knife in my hand and starts having a pop at me, we have a few words which results in him threatening to arrest me and me telling them to get the fuck out of my house, had to phone the station the next day to get a crime number for the insurance company, I remember thinking this is going to go down well after last night but to be fair to them they gave me the number and nothing was said.

15 years later if I met that copper I would apologise to him he was doing his job, and was right if I would have caught up with one of them I would have been doing a lot of time in prison or a cemetery. 

I could name my worst childhood memory in a second, without hesitation. Being burgled isn't just the material that is taken, it's the feeling that comes afterwards of what has happened and what could have happened to make it ten times worse. 

Anyone that breaks into someone else's property is scum and doesn't have the basic human morals that should be expected from everyone - regardless of their background or life story. 

Hopefully Carlo gets his safe back and the incident didn't traumatise his daughter too much, just glad that everyone in the household was unharmed.

59 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I’ve been burgled twice first time when we were at work and the kids were at school, second time we were in bed the kids had left home but we had our 3 year old granddaughter staying, you know how it is when you’re missus wakes you up with the words of there’s some one in the house, and you say I can’t hear anything and roll over again job done, not this time panicked missus pushes me again, so okay I’ll have a look get up look out the bedroom window and see 2 lads are legging it across the road towards the fields and copses, quickly pull boxers on run down stairs grab the biggest knife out the kitchen and I’m off after them, running through wood’s and fields in the dark with nothing on my feet not a great decision spent 20 minutes or so looking then headed back home feet not in a very good shape. 
Get home and  the police are there a bloke and a woman, the male copper sees the knife in my hand and starts having a pop at me, we have a few words which results in him threatening to arrest me and me telling them to get the fuck out of my house, had to phone the station the next day to get a crime number for the insurance company, I remember thinking this is going to go down well after last night but to be fair to them they gave me the number and nothing was said.

15 years later if I met that copper I would apologise to him he was doing his job, and was right if I would have caught up with one of them I would have been doing a lot of time in prison or a cemetery. 

Policeman was a gobshite. Clearly you'd be emotional after a burglary.

Fight or flight is natural.